Chapter 31: Bump

Ed's POV:

We got back to our apartment and I took her things from her hands halfway up the stairs as she was highly exhausted from the day and all the climbing. Being inactive for a long period of time can take its toll on your lungs and legs.

I handed her Jude and he snuggled with her arms and I found my room key.

Right when I opened the door, she moved to the couch and landed on it with an 'ump'. Her legs curled up beside her and she laid with the cat, gently stroking it's head.

I set down the bags and guitar and walked over to wear she was laying and trying to catch her breath.

"Leylah, are you ok?" I asked and kneeled down in front of the couch looking her in the face.

She was sweating a bit and looked pale, almost sickly and her eyes had closed, focusing on getting in more breath.

Her panting made me slightly anxious and I wiped some of the stray hairs from her face and kissed her head. She was burning up.

"Ley, love, I think you have a fever or something" I warned her tracing her freckled face with my knuckles.

"I just don't feel good I guess. It feel like I'm gonna throw up actually" she squeezed her eyes with sudden pain and curled into herself more causing Jude to squirm away.

"Come on, you need a shower" I picked her up and she was very limp, probably due to the pain she was feeling. I couldn't help but feel like I did the night of her coma, carrying her limply.

She moaned slowly into my chest as I made my way to the bathroom. I sat her on the toilet and started the shower and stood her up again. I fiddled with the water until it was cool enough to possibly help her fever and not too hot so that it would increase. She stood with her hands over her belly and waited for the water and I helped her out of her clothes. She shivered at my touch and the sudden exposer to the air. Something was seriously up. "Hey, love I'm going to go get you some clothes from somewhere and I'll be right back I promise" I got her into the steam of water, "can you go a few minutes by yourself?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine" she said while gripping her skin.

I moved quickly and went to the bedroom first to look for some of my clothes that laid all over the floor. I had found a shirt and boxers and went to grab the towel when I heard her scream terribly and I could tell that she was sobbing at the same time. It was the same sound that I had heard with her breakdown, but this one was more painful and blood curdling.

I ran with all of the things still in my arms and opened the bathroom door up all the way and ran over to the shower where she stood against the wall, hunched over and breathing heavily, not seeming to get enough air. This could not happen again. Then I saw the blood she stood in, mixing with the water still streaming from the shower.

"Leylah! Oh my god what is happening Ley?" I jumped in the water with my shoes and all of my clothes still on and picked her up and carried her to the floor outside of the room. I laid her up against the wall and she still had blood coming down her legs and I grabbed the towel. She winced in sudden pain again.

"Ed! I don't know what's happening to me! I'm so scared" she whimpered and trembled with another shock going through her body.

We just got home.

"I'll call, love, don't worry" I ran to the room and grabbed my phone, dialing for emergency. Again. "Yes. Please it's and emergency. Please hurry!" I could feel how urgent my voice was and I was near tears.

I could not handle the thought of her laying next to me, unmoving and the closest to death you can me without being completely gone. I jogged back over to her and she was slightly screaming now and I felt awful. I reached for her hand and moved the hair that was in front of her face away.