Chapter 43: Ready?

Leylah's POV:

We sat on the couch, the bags by the door, waiting to be taken by Ed in an hour.

"I don't like that I have to sleep by myself tonight" he said while mindlessly watching the news.

"Me either, but you know we have to. It's traditional."

"Tradition is stupid" he turned off the TV and laid down, letting me lay opposite of him face to face.

"I agree, but your parents like it."

"What do I care?" he said and I laughed. "Why are you laughing?" he sounded insulted in some way.

"Why do you care? Ed, you love your parents more than life itself. Don't give me that. You're just nervous about tomorrow."

"Well yeah. I am." He reached across and started poking the freckles on my cheeks.

"I am too, but I mean, I know I want to marry you."

"I know I want to marry you too."

"Then it's settled, we're fine" I smiled.

There was silence for a while as he continued to be amused by my cheeks. At some point he stopped and just looked me in the eyes. I looked back and studied the lines and creases in his irises, their detail drowning me in blues and greens.

"You're beautiful."

"Ed-"

"No really, you're just... beautiful." My breath began to catch in my throat as his hands found their way to the small of my back. "And I get to marry you."

"I get to marry you too. Don't forget that." I leaned forward and closed the space between us, kissing him with every ounce of my energy that he deserved.

"Leylah, I have an idea." He pulled away, "Come on, stand up." I stood and he followed. "Jump" he smirked as he stood inches from my face. I wrapped my arms around his neck and jumped, my legs wrapping around his waist. My face was above his, so I was looking down at him. "Better" he smiled and gripped my legs to support me. Once again, I leaned down and met his lips. We both seemed to understand that our time was limited tonight due to him leaving soon, and his parents coming back, but nothing was rushed. When he pulled away, I rested my forehead on his and gained my breath back. After a minute, he met my lips again and and moments after, I was placed gently on the bed. The kisses were getting more hungry with the passing minutes and I began to want more. My hands found the hem of his shirt and began to lift. He hovered above my head and let me throw it somewhere in the room, but before he could reconnect our lips, mine moved under his jaw, kissing hungerly. A small grunt escaped his lips and I laughed to myself. I caught a glimpse of a smile as I moved down his neck, being careful, not to leave any marks for tomorrow. Pushing him away, I backed onto the bed so I was properly laying, and patted next to me. He tried to come back to his position, but I shook my head and hovered over him. I returned to where I left off, the weak spot on his neck. His whole body tensed and cringed, trying not to make any noise, and failing. "Leylah" he said mid-sigh.

"Mhm."

"Stop, love."

I lifted my head and looked up to his face, which was looking down at mine with bright eyes. "We can do all this tomorrow" I sighed and rolled off of him, staring at the ceiling. "What I can't do is lay with you tonight, so can we just do that?" He had propped himself up on one arm and was looking down at me now. I nodded and turned my body to the side as he laid back down. As he lay flat, I placed my hands on either side of him and lowered my chest on onto his. I let my chin rest on his chest and brushed some hair off his forehead, smiling at how bright it was, even in the dark.

I turned my head to his arm that had wrapped around me and rested on my back, observing all of the colors and shapes. "Do I decide what goes in there?" I asked pointing to the one empty puzzle piece that was surrounded by others.

"No" he laughed. I already scheduled an appointment and the guy is drawing it up. It's a surprise and I'm almost sure that you'll approve."

"Okay."

His hand moved to my back again, moving up and down my spine aimlessly. "Still haven't finished my vows" he mumbled.

I rested my chin in his chest again and sighed, "Me either."

"We're a mess."

"I'm over it at this point. It'll be fine. The point isn't to make the most beautiful vows, it's to get married to you. As long as that happens, I'm happy."

"Me too" he smiled and my heart melted inside my chest.

There was noise at the door, then Imogen screamed, "Home! Hope everyone is clothed!"

We sat up and I got up to get Ed's shirt that had landed in front door to the balcony. I tossed it to him and he put it on quickly. I opened the door when he had finished and went out to the kitchen where John and Imogen were pouring themselves drinks. "How was dinner?" I asked, sitting down on one of the stools.

"Lovely. Sometimes I forget how wonderful London is" she smiled.

"It really is" I said and watched as Ed emerged from the hallway.

"Ready, son?" John spoke up.

"Yeah, I guess so" he nodded and gave a small smile. His dad walked to the door and gave me a small wave that I returned. Imogen stayed in the kitchen and put away the leftovers from dinner and started pulling some things out for me.

My hand was grabbed and I was pulled towards the door. Ed released me and grabbed his bags, walking out into the hallway, where I met him closing the door almost all the way. "Hey" I turned his head with my finger, "I love you" I smiled.

He smiled back and stepped as close as he could to me. "I love you too, Leylah."

I kissed him one last time and rested my hands on his shoulders. "I'll see you tomorrow, you know. At the alter."

He was walking down the stairs and screamed up to me, "Can't wait!"

London's Calling : Ed Sheeran Fanfiction [Wattys 2015]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें