Chapter 19: Stars

Ed's POV:

"I'm ready for an adventure." she said with a smile.

"Me too Leylah, me too."

There are moments when you need to look at people for every little thing that they are. I look at Leylah and see all that I have been through with her. Instead of the bigger things we have done, I see the other things. Like the time that she didn't shower and she said she looked too bad to go outside and she wore my ball cap and hoodie to cover what she though looked bad. That day it began to drizzle as it does here often and she swore until we got to her apartment. She sat down and I looked at her and she looked defeated in the most childish way. She came to this realization and gave me a smile the way she does with a lifted head and closed eyes and huge grin.

That's what I see when I think of her. The way her hair falls and never stays how she wants, but always looks effortless and stunning. The water on her face made it glow and brought out the freckles that I counted or connected like constellations when she fell asleep before me. When she rolled over onto her stomach and her whole back was exposed, I traced her pale skin until I fell into sleep with my arms around her.

"Hello in there Edward."

"Oh, hi."

I needed to stop zoning.

"So are we ready?"

"Yep, grab your rucksack and we can head out."

She headed into the bedroom and grabbed her bag while I grabbed the blankets that I folded while she showered. She skipped out of the room.

"Oooooh. Blankets! A picnic?"

"Nearly."

"Yay." she was beaming with happiness now. It showed so beautifully on her face.

__________________________________________

We had successfully made it out of her apartment and we're headed towards my surprise.

"Are we close yet Ed?" she asked impatiently.

"Yes love."

"Thank God, cause it's almost dark."

"That's the point."

She looked up at me.

"Oh, mysterious... " she walked in front of me exaggerating her expressions and covering her eyes with her hands and almost playing peek A-boo. " Sexy Sheeran."

I looked down and chuckled as she walked in front of me swaying her hips to show off.

"Not fair!"

"Yes it issssss. Especially if I can't know where I'm going." I huffed and she stopped and we continued together.

______________________________

It took another 5 minutes to reach my spot.

"I get it now." she looked at me and grabbed my hand.

She smiled and headed into the trees. I had brought her to the same place that I had 2 and a half months ago.

She was pulling at my hand as we started walking into the trees and she seemed eager.

"Slow down love, we do have all night."

I heard her giggle a bit and she slowed her pace, but I could still tell she wanted to go faster than we were. I stopped and tugged her arm a bit causing her to stop and tumble back a bit.

"Ed."

"Shhh. Try to be quiet now, you'll hear more in the woods." With this I handed her the bag with the blankets and let her hop onto my back. "Are you good up there?"