Chapter 5: Orange.

Leylah's POV:

Where am I?

I tried to open my eyes, but opening them stung. The sun was too bright on my face to open them without closing them shortly after. I sat up and realized that I did not recognize what I was laying on.

My head hurt as well. Quite a lot actually.

What happened yesterday?

I couldn't remember any of my thoughts after I began to run out of my parents apartment.

Did someone hit me and knock me out?

I quickly became terrified realizing that I was unfamiliar with my surroundings. Everything seemed normal, undisturbed almost, but I couldn't forget about the fact that I could be killed if I didn't get out.

With that thought I stood up and made sure the coast was clear and I tiptoed to the door.

Just as I had almost opened it enough to slip out, I heard a deep voice behind me.

"I didn't know you were awake or I would have... "

I put my back up against the door and held on tight, " Who are you and what am I doing here? " I tried to look as unintimadated as possible.

Don't show your fear Leylah.

He sort of chuckled rubbed his hair a bit.

" Do you not know who I am? "

" Should I?"

"I mean I guess you've just managed to escape my grip. "

I made a face at him that must have been unsettling.

" I'm sorry, I'm just trying to make the situation a little less scary with a little pun. "

" Funny" I managed to say as I still starred him down. "You still didn't answer my question."

"Oh sorry, I'm Ed. Ring a bell?"

"Unfortunately not"

He let out another chuckle. "Ed Sheeran love."

What?

"Are you lying to me? "

" Why would I even attempt that, you look like you're ready to snap already."

His rude comeback made me uneasy and a bit angry. "Prove it." I retorted.

"And how would you like me to do that? I'd love for you to just settle down for a bit. "

" Sing a bit."

"Anything in particular? "

I thought," The one about covering up and cuddling in. "

He laughed and walked over to the wall which had a beat up acoustic guitar with a paw print on it.

He started to strum the chords and I recognized it immediately. I was dumbfounded.

Come on Leylah, anyone can play chords.

" Settle down with me. Cover me up, and cuddle me in."

With this line, he looked straight up at me with a grain from cheek to cheek.

It was undeniably him. That voice could not be replicated. The voice that I had heard right before...

I burst out into tears right then and there on his couch. This didn't happen often at all, and now I was sobbing on a strangers couch.

"Hey, hey. " I could hear him put the guitar down quickly and move quickly towards me, but I was in an uncontrollable fit of tears.

The last thing I remember was a strong grip around me and falling asleep in my own tears. I closed my eyes and slipped away from the singer with the orange hair.

________________________________

Hey lovelies!! I'm writing this really late for my time and it almost midnight. The exciting part about that is that it's February 17th, mine and Ed's birthdays. I'm turning 17 and he's turning 24. The best gift that I could get would be being able to tell him how much he's saved my life and writes beautiful music. I'm sure you all agree!! More to the point, I'm going to write another chapter right now so they won't be so chopped off. Comment, vote, and follow. Stay beautiful x :)