Intrigue ~l.t.~

By autumn1324

intrigue (noun) a mysterious or fascinating quality More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Author's Note
Chapter 42

Chapter 43

109 5 3
By autumn1324

Sorry i took forever to update, I am the worst 

Louis

Genevieve and I have been in the car for about an hour which means we are almost to London. I have so many things I want to show her while we are in England, but I figured that this won't be our last time so I decided that since this is her first time here, we would spend the day in London, exploring. By exploring I mean showing her around to some of my favorite places in London.

I have been planning this trip to London with her since we started dating if that's what you want to call. We have never officially put a label on it, but that is what it feels like to me. To me, she feels like my girlfriend, and we've said I love you, so she must feel the same way.

Anyways, Jonah and I have been planning this for about a month. One night Genevieve had to stay at the University later than normal for a study group and asked me to meet her at her home, well her grandmother's home, and watch Jonah until she was able to get there. She wanted to make sure her grandmother was getting some time to herself and not inconveniencing her by making her watch Jonah longer than they had originally agreed on.

While Genevieve's grandmother would never feel like watching Jonah is an inconvenience to life, I can't help but admire her for thinking of others.

"Guess who's here!" I say opening the front door to Genevieve's home. Something that seems so weird to do without her with me.

"Louis!" The little boy yells running as fast as he can from his bedroom to meet me at the front door. When he's finally within a reasonable distance he launches himself from the group toward me. Since he's 5 I'm sure in his head he felt like he was weightlessly jumping through space, but in reality, he landed 6 inches from his launching point and hugged my waist as tight as he could.

"How is my favorite astronaut doing?" I asked bending down to his level, to give him a proper hug.

"I'm great, I made a new friend at school today. Her name is Stacey and she pretty likes momma." He says with a toothy grin, showing off that he has lost his two front teeth since I last saw him the week prior.

"Jonah Chase Gregory, do you have a girlfriend momma doesn't know about?" I say playfully with a smile on my face to let him know that I am not mad at him.

"I have two," he says putting up two fingers before putting a finger over his mouth. "Don't tell momma."

This whole conversation with him makes me laugh and makes me happy about the relationship Jonah and I have. When I first found out about Jonah, I wasn't sure if he'd like me, but he was then accepting of me.

"I won't it'll be over little secret," I say winking and zipping lip and locking it with a key.

I pick Jonah up and tell Debbie that I was going to be watching Jonah until Genevieve got here, explaining that she was caught up in a study group. After talking with Genevieve, we walk up to Jonah's room where he wants to watch a movie. Normally Genevieve is against him watching tv in his room, saying she doesn't want it to affect his cognitive development, but how do you say no to a kid that wants to watch Toy Story.

"Alright Jonah, we can watch Toy Story, but I want to talk with you, man to man," I say knowing that is the best time to have this conversation with him. "But you have to pinky promise that you'll keep it secret because I want to surprise momma," I say holding out my pinky for him to make a pinky promise with me.

I can't help but smile at the memory of the night Jonah and I concocted this masterful plan. Every chance we have had to get to some time alone Jonah would tell me how excited he is, and how he just wants to see Genevieve happy. For a five-year-old, he is surprisingly aware that she's been unhappy for a while and trying to hide it from him.

It's probably because he's seen how Niall treated her.

"Babe, would you tell me what we are doing, or where we are?" Genevieve asks from the passenger's seat of my father's Volvo.

"Would you relax?" I say, tenderly drawing circles on the back of her hand.

"You know, it's not fair. You practically kidnapped me and refuse to tell me where we are or even hint at where we are going. Louis, I'm in this country for the first time it's not fair that you are using this against me." She says pouting.

"Don't you trust me?" I say smiling as I pull into a parking spot and put the car in park.

"Yes but I like to be informed on things," she says cutely.

"I know you do, which is why I'm not telling you," I say, leaning over the console in between up giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door to step out of the car. I walk around the front of the car to open her door, and I hold my hand out so I can help her out of the car.

"Have I told you today how gorgeous you look?" I say once she's out of the car and I close the door, making sure the doors are locked. She pushes her hair behind her ear and looks to the ground to hide the fact that I just made her blush.

"So today, I thought that I'd show you all of my favorite places in London. There is no schedule, just a list of places I want to take you, and quality time with my favorite girl." I say interlocking our fingers.

I can tell she is just happy to be with me and have quality time away from Jonah. I can tell by the look on her face that he is just happy to feel like a normal college student for once, not having to care about her other responsibilities.

"So I decided to start in downtown London because my favorite pub is just around the corner, and since it's almost noon I figured we could start with lunch," I say explaining to her as I observe her take in the view that is London. I can tell this is a little overwhelming for her, but I know that once she's able to take it in she will truly enjoy herself.

"A pub?" she questions.

"I promise I'm not trying to get you drunk, they just have really good food, and I have had proper fish and chips in a while," I say laughing as we cross the street and approach the door.

Since it's lunchtime and they aren't super busy they allow us to pick our table. I gently place my hand on the small of her back insisting that she picks the table for us, even though I already know she's going to pick the booth in the corner.

"How is this table?" She looks over at me nervously. I know in that pretty little head of her's she's is contemplating whether we should sit at this table or another one.

"It's a wonderful table, my love," I say placing a kiss on her forehead. "It's isolated enough in the corner where we can have a conversation, but it's also close enough to the bathroom, just in case," I say quoting her from one of the first times we went out to a restaurant together, with Jonah of course. I have always found her quirky and adorable.

"Hello, my name is Walt, and I will be your waiter today. What can I get started for you guys?" Walt greets us, handing us menus.

"Two glasses of water, and two orders of the fish and chips," I say handing him the menus back.

"Trust me, babe, our fish, and chips taste nothing as they do in America," I say reaching over for her hand. "And if you taste it and don't like it, I will you a burger with no lettuce or tomato," I say placing a soft kiss on her hand.

"You don't know how nice this is," she begins. "Just you know, being here with you. Without Jonah. I love him, don't get me wrong but I needed this. It's nice being in another country with my boyfriend. It feels normal." She says finishing smiling as she looks me in the eye.

"Your boyfriend?" I say with a playful smirk on my face.

"I'm sorry, I know we never talked about it. I just assumed that –"

"You're so cute when you're flustered," I said interrupting her. "It's okay, I know we never talked about it but I've been telling Liam and Harry you're my girlfriend. I mean I just assumed that since we have already professed our love for each other and spent all of our free time together. Not to mention I flew you and Jonah to England to meet my mum. I figured you wouldn't mind" I confess.

"Really?" She says with a smile on her face.

"Can I ask you a question?" she asks, and I nod.

"You're not going to make me eat a cockroach, are you?" She asks nervously.

"Is that why you've been nervous all day?" I ask amusingly.

"Well, I just thought that since you and Jonah have been so secretive that maybe you guys were planning on making me eat a roach? I don't know, every time boys get secretive I just assume they are planning a prank." She says sheepishly.

God, I love her.

I love how nervous she still gets around me from time to time.

"I would never make you eat a cockroach, or a bug, or any other vile creature on this earth," I say as Walt comes back to the table dropping off our fish and chips, and our waters.

"Wait," I say to Genevieve before she takes a bit of her food. "Before you start eating." I take her plate squeeze the lemon that came on the side on top of the fish begin reaching for the vinegar that is on the table and pours small amounts on top of the fish and chips.

"Okay, now try," I say reaching for the phone in my pocket so I can capture this moment.

At first, she is hesitant to try it, so she slowly cuts it with her fork and places it in her mouth. After taking a small bite, she takes another bite and I can tell by the look on her she doesn't want to admit how good it is.

"So?" I ask waiting on her to give me the satisfaction of saying you were right.

"I guess I can see why you're always trash-talking American cuisine," she says trying to avoid the words she knows I'm waiting for her to say.

"Was I right?" I say pushing for her to admit it.

"Yes." She replies with a smug look on her face.

"Yes, what?" I say returning the smug look because I want to hear her say yes Louis you were right.

"Yes Louis, you were right. I should trust you more and stop thinking you are always trying to make me eat a bug." The love of my life says smiling and rolling her eyes.

England – 1 America – 0.

"Now was that so hard," I say sliding her preparing my fish and chip the same way.

As long as I have known Genevieve she has always wanted to be right. I know she was hesitant to try this because she got food poisoning from a fish dish at some restaurant many years ago and refuses to order fish anywhere.

"So if your pan isn't to make me eat a bug what is your plan?" She says wanting to get me to reveal my secrets.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I say winking at her, knowing this is going to drive her crazy.

So... I'm thinking of doing a double update...

I have already started working on the next chapter and if I have the time I will finish and update it. 

So what is the secret that Louis and Jonah are keeping? 

How cute is the relationship between Louis and Jonah?

What was your favorite part of the chapter?

- Autumn <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 178 41
sometimes you just need to escape
162 21 9
It's complicated
58.5K 2K 20
Rory Prescott has a history of (really) bad relationships and even worse break-ups. The player? The cheater? The one with the weird foot fetish? She'...
1.5K 136 41
Autophobia Noun A fear of one's self Copyright @Niallspopsicle ©