BBB Shorts

By Bimsha

These are some short stories I published in my Ao3 account, and I thought I should post them here for you all... More

A/N
Thunder
Fallen too Far
Home is where the Family is
Colour My World
To Catch a Dream
Supernatural
Cold Hound
Beautiful, Beloved
BBB Bloopers!!!
Romeo and Juliet
Carefree and Happy
To Show You My Love
Soft Touches and Rainy Nights
Wedding Catastrophe
Christmas Shopping
Since I've No Place To Go - Christmas Collection (1)
Most Precious Present - Christmas Collection (2)
Compliments
Free , Shu and Lui Incorrect Quotes
Snowflakes, Holding Hands and Us
Spiders and Problems
Would You Be So Kind
Every Little Thing About You
Meet Your Fans - Part 1
First Impressions
It Takes Three to Fall In Love
Never Have I Ever
Night Out with the Legends
Incorrect Quotes Part II
Laser Tagging

Christmas Miracle - Christmas Collection (3)

967 31 120
By Bimsha

Idea given byAtsikayna

The snow blanketed streets of New York are bustling with people. Families, couples out in the snow, creating memories, enjoying the holiday spirit. Inside the massive building of Raging Bulls, everything was in chaos. Trainees, coaches and even the management unit who usually walk around in their business suits and somber expressions were in the lobby, decorating the interior, marvelling at the massive Christmas tree. Fubuki and Lane, the famous students of the legendary blader Kurenai Shu are also there, trying to make sense of the tangled mess the lights have become. The two were bickering while Harry was sitting on top of Fubuki's head, looking at his owner with inquisitive eyes.

"Stop pulling!" Fubuki yells, doing the same himself.

"I'm not!" Lane grumbles, glaring at Harry for his betrayal from time to time.

All the while, Valt and the BC Sol are there. Having arrived two days earlier, the whole crew is arranging the piles of gifts. Wrapped in a storm of colours, red, blue and yellow. Delta is busy sorting through the ribbons, reading the cards and making sure they were attached to the right gift. Drum is right beside him, playing with a bright red ribbon, trying to tease Delta or just generally get the ruby-eyed male's attention. Having the Christmas Eve party in Raging Bulls is almost a custom. They all gather here to celebrate the energy and open early Christmas presents before the bigger party on Christmas usually held in some other place.

When Shu walks in, he stands for a while by the elevator, taking in the mayhem of activities around the lobby. The usual monotony was replaced with cheerful teenagers excitingly decorating, teasing and generally enjoying life. A smile touches his lips. Memories of the past catching up with him. When they were just teenagers, just there for the chaos. It has already been a decade since he became the manager of Raging Bulls. Even at twenty three, he still enjoyed the spirit of Christmas like a child. The twinkle in his eyes as he glances around the place is just a fragment of happiness.

"Shu!" Valt yells, running up to him. The two friends smile, bumping their fists in a friendly gesture. A few other bladers look up from their work and smile at him with a slight wave. Shu acknowledges them with a soft smile.

"Looks busy" Shu comments, following Valt to the BC Sol Bladers. Free is sprawled upon a chair, barely awake. He has known this man for years and still didn't know how he could balance this lifestyle without fail. Honcho holds up a bright yellow gift and shakes it, trying to listen to the content inside.

"This one is something made of glass" He's saying to the green haired male. Silas looks annoyed by this mindless game but didn't complain. Maybe he's also infected by the Christmas Spirit.

"Oi Shu" Honcho suddenly says, "Are you going somewhere?" He gestures at the car keys dangling from his hand.

Shu nods, "Yeah. Don't worry, I'll be back in five"

"I don't believe that for a second" Free drawls half-heartedly tying a ribbon when Christina nudges him to work.

Christina punches him playfully in the arm, "Don't listen to him Shu. I'll take care of the things, you can leave"

Shu smiles gratefully at her and nods. She's really an angel. "Thank you Christina"

She nods at him and turns back to scolding Free for tying the ribbon like he's wrapping a mummy for Halloween. Shu waves and steals one last glance at Fubuki and Lane who seem to have sorted through the lights before walking out of the bulls, welcoming the fresh, cold air in his lungs.

The drive to the airport is quiet except for the slow drumming of a pop song reverberating in the car. When Lui promised to visit for Christmas, Shu had been ecstatic. In the past few weeks, both of them barely had any time to visit each other. The late night phone calls and the text messages were the only things that kept him company when Shu wondered whether this long-distance thing would work. When they got together five years ago, they both decided this was just a trial. He liked Lui, has liked him since he was fourteen but pushed aside those feelings claiming them to be mere childish infatuations. When the White Tyrant confessed under that starry night when they went camping, his heart leaped from his chest, and Yes. That was his answer. He didn't take a moment to think. It felt right. So he said yes.

The first months were always the hardest. They fought, almost broke up several times but after another hard day, Shu found himself turning back to him. Shu found himself falling deeper. The like became love and the rest was history.

Parking the car, Shu walks to the waiting area. Lui should've arrived by now, he thinks, scrolling through his phone. He glances around and sees no familiar sight he wants to see. Pressing the call icon, he waits. Three rings and the call shifts to voicemail. Shu frowns, clicking the messaging app.

You : I'm at the airport, where are you?

Ice Prince: Wait, you are??

Shu scowls at his screen.

You: Why aren't you answering my calls? I told you I'd come and pick you up! >:(

Ice Prince: Oh shit- ;-;

Ice Prince: I'm sorry. I thought since you're busy you won't have the time. I already left the airport. And about the calls, I'm kinda busy right now

You: ...okay? Is everything alright? ))):

Ice Prince: Yeah. See you in Bulls. Love you, Bye

You: bye.. Love you too

Shu stares at for a second longer, and when no more text bubbles appear he pushes his phone back into his pocket walking out of the airport, feeling defeated and a foreign feeling pooling in his stomach. Lui has never been discreet about anything with him until now. What happened? He asks himself, opening the door. He rests his hands on the steering wheel, clearing his mind. That was just a slip-up. He thinks driving back to Raging Bulls, everything will be fine.

It's Hikaru and Hyuga who greet him at the door when he arrives. The younger one looked around excitedly, "Shu!" He exclaims, "Did you see the twins?"

Shu shakes his head, "I just came here. You might want to look at the locker rooms inside. I heard they were planning to do something with Aiger and some others"

The two share a glance. With a note of gratitude, they race down the staircase and disappear round the corner. Shu muses at their flight, elevators exist for a reason after all. Maybe they'd have fun climbing up. Valt looks up and frowns, seeing him coming in alone. Free throws a glance.

"Oh, you really did come in five"

"Where's Lui?" Valt inquires, glancing around. Shu shrugs.

"I think we missed each other somehow. He'd be here shortly. Honestly, I thought he might've arrived by now"

"He didn't come," Valt says, "Anyway, give us a hand here. Free keeps jumbling these up"

Right when Shu tries to answer, a cry rings out from the other side of the lobby. "One of these days, I'll kill you, I will '' Shu turns on his heel to see Lean holding a plastic sword he might've grabbed from one of the cardboard boxes.

Fubuki is grinning widely, Harry securely cuddling against his cheek. Shu muses at their banter. The two get along nicely, in a different manner than it. Fubuki, usually calm and quiet, always had the tendency to tease Lane whenever he had the chance. And Lane, being the short tempered guy he is, always snaps and falls right into his traps. Shu walks to them, "What happened this time?"

Fubuki shrugs innocently, "Harry prefers him over me, and he's being jealous"

"No, I'm not," Lane protests, lunging at the blonde. The latter laughs, ducking and moving to hide behind Shu. Lane stands there in front of Shu, fuming. Shu pats his shoulder sympathetically.

"He's just messing with you, I'm sure Harry loves you the most. Given that you even got him a Christmas gift"

Fubuki whistles with a smug grin. Lane flushes, "Shu!"

With a grin, Shu walks back to the BC Sol. Phone in hand, he typed another message to Lui, glancing at the massive glass doors in the front.

You: I came back, where are you???

No replies. Shu's face falls as his grip on the phone tightens. Is something wrong? He wonders, taking a seat beside Valt, still staring at his screen. The bluenette is animatedly speaking with Honcho about his love for Christmas cake. When Shu arrives, they both fall silent. Worry etches Valt's face as he taps against Shu's cheek, taking his attention. "Yes?"

"Is everything alright?"

Shu hums, pushing his phone back into his pocket. He turns fully to them and smiles, "Yep. So, what did you need help with again?"

Honcho and Valt share a glance clearly identifying the thoughts creasing his brows. The smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. A perk of being lifelong friends was that a simple fragment, a tiny flash of sorrow or difference was enough for them to recognize that something is wrong. Valt doesn't push, instead he takes Shu's elbow and drags him into a hug, his left hand reaching to Honcho who falls sideways to him with a soft oof. "I missed hanging out with you all like this!" He chirps, squeezing the two of them to him.

Honcho outright laughs, his strong arms reaching behind Valt towards Shu, squeezing his shoulder. "Damn right. Matches and all the other stuff kept us apart for far too long"

Shu doesn't add to the conversation. He leans against them, his head dropping to Valt's shoulder, welcoming the warmth and security they always bring to him. "If you three are done with cuddling, maybe we could use a hand here?" Silas sighs heavily. His scowl only painted over his face, his eyes drinking in the routine and their usual dynamics that never fails to make everyone feel right at home.

"You're just jealous" Honcho retrots, drawing away from the embrace. Free had given up on his half-hearted attempts. He was drawled up against a beanbag just beside the gang, snoring ever so slightly, fully relaxed. None of them bothers to complain.

Shu seats himself on the floor between Delta and Honcho, helping the former with the gifts. The red eyed male glances at him with a gaze filled with admiration. Delta always had that sense of awe and respect when Shu talks with him. It's almost as if the younger cannot believe he's there, talking with him. For a moment, he feels himself drawing away from the disturbing thoughts swirling inside his mind. Instead, he focuses on the task at hand.

Ping

Shu abandons his half wrapped gift and snatches his phone out from the pocket. Honcho blinks, "Whoa Shu" He says with a mischievous grin. "Someone might think your boyfriend is texting"

Shu glowers, sinking under the gazes. He holds up his phone to his face, covering the pinkish tint on his face.

Ice Prince: Still busy, you need something?

You: I thought you said you're coming here. I was worried, that's all.

Shu types another message to ask where he is, but deletes it. Maybe he's being paranoid. Maybe he's being too clingy. Lui needs a break from everything, doesn't he? Or maybe it is time. They have been dating for years. It is inevitable that eventually they will fall out of love with each other. Shu is not naive, he knows the tingling feeling in his stomach is a signal. Just a warning for the heartbreak that might soon follow. He hasn't fallen out of love.

Ice Prince: Don't worry snowflake. I'm just walking around and know, clearing my mind.

You: Okay. See you later then. Have fun.

Ice Prince: You're not mad at me, are you?

You: No.. I'm fine, really! Just wanted to see you that's all.

Ice Prince is typing...

Shu doesn't wait to see the message. He pushes it back into the pocket and ignores the ping as the phone went off. The others blink at the sudden change and when the albino finally gives up on helping realizing he's only creating a mess - which is quite unusual because at all times he's the most organized person among them - he stands up, "I'm going to go get a breather"

As everyone predicts, Valt jumps up. "Same here! Do you guys need anything?"

"Bring me a beer" Free, suddenly wide awake, comments. Valt shakes his head.

"We need you sober for the party"

"Horrible decision, really"

Everyone calls out with various drinks. Shu walks out before Valt and the latter skips his way to him, narrowly dodging Aiger and the twins who decide to dash into the room with a handful of decorations. Kristina follows them in, a wooden box held securely in her hands. The star, Shu notices. The crystal star that will soon jewel the top of the tree, glistening with vermillion colours creating dancing fairy shadows across the floor. She waves at them and the two friends wave back, making their way towards the vending machine.

Valt grabs a handful of coins, "So, wanna talk?"

Shu slides to the bench beside it, "Stop reading my mind"

Valt gives up on getting drinks, and prioritizes his friend. He walks over and sits beside him. "No can do"

"It's nothing" Shu says, turning his body so that he's facing Valt. Under the fluorescent lights in the hallway, his hazel eyes looked lighter and brimming with his usual energy.

"Nothing is nothing, Shu. You can talk about anything with me, you know that right?"

Shu hums, "I know. I was wondering where Lui was, that's all"

"Oh" Valt crosses his arms, "Maybe he's trying to buy you a Christmas present"

Shu smiles, trailing his fingers back and forth on the cool surface on the metal bench. "Yeah, I know. I'm just overthinking. Maybe he needs a break too"

"From what?"

Shu shrugs, "Me?"

Valt scowls, "C'mon Shu! You two haven't met in like weeks. And if that bitch is going to hurt my friend's feelings he's gonna catch these hands"

Valt rarely swears but when he does, it always has something to do with Shu's safety. He laughs, "Cut him some slack, Valt. You're probably right. He must be looking for a gift" A memory flashes, but he keeps quiet. He doesn't want to burden Valt anymore. Telling that last week Lui mentioned about buying him a gift.

Valt reaches out and squeezes his shoulder, a broad grin on his face. "Exactly! He'd be at the party tonight! So, now tell me you remember who wanted what drink because I am hopeless"

Shu chuckles, reciting the names and the drinks while Valt clicks and gets everything needed. He tells Valt to go on, and hesitantly pulls out his phone.

5 unread messages

Ice Prince: You're mad.

Ice Prince: You're mad aren't you?

Ice Prince: SNOWFLAKE????

Ice Prince: Talk to me

Ice Prince: *sighhh*

You: I'm not. I just gt busy with some stuff.

Ice Prince: Thank god. I got worried for a sec there. I'm currently at a cafe and it's snowing so much, reminded me of you, all the snow I mean.

A smile tugs at Shu's lip which was soon replaced by confusion.

You: If you have time to go to cafes, why won't you come here?

Ice Prince: Uhmm,,,, good question. I'm taking a breather from work you can say

You: Okay.. are you coming for the part tonight?

No reply. Lui has already gone offline. Shu's initial worries deepen. Thoughts rushing in like a storm, a hurricane, swirling and breaking all the insecurities he kept in check upon. The still waters rose against the windy mass of worries. He stops in the middle of the hallway. What if he has someone else? He chases away the thought as soon as it crept into the guilty corners of his mind. What kind of a person is he to accuse his boyfriend who has been nothing but loving all these years?

"Shut up" He whispered at no one in particular. It is a plea for his mind. He has to stop thinking.

The crowd in the lobby denses when one by one they go to change their clothes and get ready for the party. Shu finds himself staring at the star on the top, illuminating a klaeidescope of colours on the blank tiled floor. It is beautiful. Far more beautiful than the ugly, storms brewing inside his mind. Ferocious wild thoughts feeding onto the initial scrap of insight. Lui has never lied to him, and he wouldn't. He tells himself, watching the lights flicker on his white sneakers. Lui loves him, he always has.

"Right?" His solitary voice echoes in the now empty hall. It sounds distraught, hanting and unbearably paranoid and sad in his ears. He turns and walks out to his private quarters. Goosebumps prickling his snow white skin. It isn't the cold, it's the mayhem of thoughts, creeping him out, raising his insecurities from the dead. Only a tiny voice in the back of his mind, there to reassure him, everything will be fine.... Probably.

---

Shu comes into the party a bit late. It was a conscious decision. It took him a while to dress as his mind kept winding in spirals without stopping. Lui hasn't sent anything else after the initial conversation. Shu tightened the laces on his shoes, taking a look at the mirror. The close fitting black jeans and the casual dark red dress shirt, the sleeves folded to his elbows doesn't scream extravagance. It was casual just as he preferred. Pulling his hair into a hasty ponytail, he takes the elevator to reach the lobby.

The music welcomed him before he could enter. The invisible arms of the notes, easing his anxious mind, pulling him into an embrace with all the flowing words and rhythms. The inside was a happy cluttering of teenagers, dancing to the music, talking with loud voices, laughing at the same old jokes. His friends were already there, standing by the corner of the room in a circle, their glasses clinking as they toast, sipping on their wine in between small talks.

"Shu-san" Fubuki calls. The blonde is with Aiger and Ranjiro. He's holding a tiny box, decorated in light pink paper, a black ribbon on top of it. "I know there's lot of time left, but here."

"He couldn't wait for another second" Aiger comments, "It's refreshing to see him excited, not gonna lie"

Fubuki glares. Shu chuckles, pulling out the ribbon as the four tiny walls of the boxes fell apart revealing a dark red beaded bracelet, the emblem of Spryzen carved on each one in gold lines. Shu examines it, "It's beautiful" He says, blinking. "I love it"

"As you should" Lane huffs, Shu turns in surprise. The taller turns to Fubuki with an accusing glare. "You said we're both going to give it!"

Fubuki shrugs, "I knew you'd appear godlike when I hand it to him. It's from both of us" The blonde wraps an arm around Lane and for once the latter didn't complain. "Custom made just for the best coach"

Shu laughed, looking at his hand. His wrist is now decorated with the new gift. "It's great. Thanks guys. I love you two"

Fubuki nods, satisfied. "We love you too! Right Lane?" He teases. "C'mon don't be shy. It's just three words"

Lane grumbles something incoherent under his breath and stomps off. Fubuki waves and walks to Aiger and Ranjiro. His eyes scan the crowd, looking for a certain figure. His heart brimming with hope. Please be here, he finds himself chanting but there was nothing. His eyes were met with only hollow reminiscences of memories of past few years in this lobby. The way they talked, the way they just enjoyed watching the brilliant sunrays filtering through the glass walls. Only a memory. A fleeting dream that's on the edge of being crumbled to pieces.

He walks to his friends, "Hey"

Silas stops telling his story and answers him, "Hey, took your time"

Besides him, Wakiya seems half drunk. The blonde was leaning heavily against Silas, eyeing Shu, "Where's that grumpy elf?"

Shu shrugs, "I have no idea"

They might've caught the shaky note in his voice that they don't question further. Instead he found himself being flooded with greetings and memories of the past, each Christmas spent with them. Shu tries to engage, he really does. But his mind keeps running in circles. He excuses himself from the crowd, unable to bear with all the concerned glances at his blank stares.

Inside the washrooms, he presses his forehead against the cool tile. The thump of the music was barely a hum, filtering through the cracks of the door. He stares at his reflection, the bangs framing his face, the exhaustion in his eyes. "It's not like that" he says to the mirror. "You're overthinking it. Stop"

What if he has fallen out of love? What then? A tiny voice answers.

Shu splashes water against his face, "He won't do that" He didn't question further. Doesn't question why the words feel so empty and fake to his own ears.

Drying his face, he walks back to the lobby. His eyes shifting in hopeless dilemma when for a second, everything fits in. The puzzle pieces in his mind find their nooks and corners. He was there, standing with the circle of bladers. Royal purple shifts through many a figures finally stopping in his deep, rich crimson. He doesn't excuse himself from them, just walks over, stepping through the mass of bodies around the lobby.

Shu's heart races, his stomach pools with warmth. For a second all the worries seem to fly away, leaving only love, fathomless love in the deep pool of his heart. "Hey" Lui says, reaching for his hand. Cold fingers wrapping around his own warmer ones. Shu nods, not meeting his gaze.

"Hey"

Just like that Lui notices. From that single note, the three letters, from the little hesitant gestures, he notices. "Is everything okay?"

Shu nods again, "Yeah"

He doesn't believe, but he doesn't say it. Instead, he gestures at the elevator. "Let's go somewhere quiet?"

Shu doesn't answer the question, instead he glances through the lobby. Everyone is stuck in their own little worlds. Shu hums following Lui, the latter doesn't untangle their hands. Shu finds subtle comfort in that. A part of his mind, the part that wants to cling to hope, already sings love songs.

The elevator ride was silent. The rooftop was quieter. The wind rushes against their ears, no mercy as they attacked the bare arms of the albino. He misses the inside, the warmth and the music but he wants answers, so he walks beside Lui and reaches the edge of the rooftop. Light blinking at them. The stars are hidden behind clouds but the New York light, thousands of shades of red, orange and green welcoming them. A galaxy created by humans, alluring, enchanting. It was like magic pulsing through the air, humming against his ears; secrets of the universe.

"This brings back memories" Lui's voice breaks his poetic monologue.

"It does" Shu says, inching closer to Lui. Over the years, Lui has grown taller than him. He finds this change welcoming. The way he can nestle in his arms and feels like a soldier ready to take on the world.

"You're looking worried, Snowflake. Is it because of today?"

Shu studies the railing, and then the lights. "I-" he starts, "I'm just being dramatic" He laughs, "Don't mind it, really"

"I love myself a little drama queen" Lui whispers, dropping his head on top of Shu's. "Tell me"

Shu bites his bottom lip, carefully sorting through his thoughts. "It's just, I was worried. You weren't around the whole day and you never hid things from me, So I thought-" He swallows, "I thought maybe something was wrong." He stops, Lui doesn't speak, he keeps watching him. Shu relaxes, continuing his rambling. It's always easier with Lui. "You can tell me" Shu says, "You can tell me if you like want to end this or something. I completely understand" His voice cracks, Shu clears his throat. "I mean we've been together for five years. It's totally understandable if one of us eventually falls out-" He stops when Lui takes his hand, his thumb caressing his smooth skin.

"Whoa whoa Snowflake" He's smiling, Shu notices. "Your mind is indeed something."

Shu opens his mouth to speak but stops when the White Tyrant slips a hand around his waist, pressing their bodies together. Shu barely enjoys the warmth for a second before he finds his lips stolen in a kiss. Lui presses him against the railing. Shu doesn't complain, his hands find their way around his neck as Lui kisses him. Passionately, deeply, sincerely. Lui kisses him like they were running out of time. Like he has to savour each second of this. Lui kisses him like he loves him, Like he has no life aside him.

Lui kisses him like he's a treasure, like he's falling in love for the first time. Lui always kisses him as if this is their first and their last.

They parted, a tangle of limbs, their faces lit up with the sudden adrenaline. Their eyes staring wildly at each other. Shu presses his lips together, unable to break his gaze away from the taller male, who looks addicted. Who looks as if his world revolves around him, only him. "Did I answer your question?" He smirks, "Snowflake?"

Shu flushes, "Yeah, I think it does"

Lui's hand cups the side of his cheek. "I love you, I really do. Don't ever doubt this love I have for you. Even at times if it feels like something is wrong, promise me you'd come and talk it out with me? I don't want to see you suffering alone, thinking. I want to be there for you, every little thing you're feeling matters to me, okay?"

Shu nods, "Okay"

Lui grins, "Okay, want to go?"

"Where?" Shu asks, pulling away from the embrace, already missing the familiar warmth and the steadying strong hands around him.

Lui rolls his eyes, "To the lobby that is"

Shu grins, "Right, I forgot"

"Oh I know~" Lui grins suggestively, "I make you forget everything, don't I?"

"Don't flatter yourselves" Shu comments, walking to the elevator.

To Shu's surprise, everything was quiet as they entered the room. The lobby looked as if it is a long abandoned graveyard. The laughing teenagers, the gifts are missing. The only remnants is the Christmas tree, sadly stripped off of the bright star on top of it, and a sad tangle of fairy lights, hanging front the tree as if they are trying to cheer up the broken mood inside the room.

"What in the world-" Shu stops, looking around. "Where's everybody?"

Lui hums thoughtfully, "Maybe they went somewhere else?"

Shu frowns, "But I thought we were having the party here?"

"I think they thought of something else" Shu eyes Lui suspiciously.

"Lui, what did you do the whole day?"

"I don't know? Just walked around"

Shu doesn't look convinced, Lui gestures at the door with a smile. "C'mon I have to show you something"

Shu reluctantly follows, gesturing at the sad lobby of the Raging Bulls, trying to piece the situation together.

Lui turns on the radio in his car, Shu sinks into a comfortable seat, trying to make out where they were going through the scenery whirring past his glass. The lights glazed across his vision, the blinking stars turning into something of abstract art, an artist sloshing colours carelessly against a black canvas. When they rode out of the highway, Shu frowned, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see" Lui said, taking another turn. Shu scowls.

"Lui, is this a murder plot?"

Lui laughs, "Shu, it's Christmas. Cheer up your morbid mind"

"I'm trying, but my boyfriend driving me past suburbs ain't helping and" He stops for the dramatic effect, "It's always the boyfriend"

The car comes to a halt. "This time, it's going to be the boyfriend too"

Shu grins, stepping out of the car just when Lui does. The music reaches his ears, the ground vibrating under his feet. Confusion rises up in his mind as he inches closer to Lui. He could make out the lights but there doesn't seem to be a soul in sight. "What is this?" He whispers, looking around. They are walking towards a lake, the bank decorated with numerous lights. A brand new christmas tree and sitting on top of it is the vermillion star, glistening proudly despite the change of environment. Tables and chairs decorated in red ribbons are all around the place. "What the-" Shu starts when everyone jumps out from the shadows, freezing the albino as a deer caught in headlights.

"Surprise!" They yell. Shu's gaze shifts through the smiling faces, flushed with excitement. He quietly, subconsciously makes his way to them and stops, turning around to see Lui a few feet behind him.

"Lui, what in the world is this?"

"It's a surprise" Hyuga adds helpfully where he's standing beside his brother.

Shu smiles at them and turns back to his boyfriend when he pulls out a tiny black box from his pocket. Shu's heart stills when he walks over. The music is a hum in the background. Not a single voice broke the stillness in the air when Lui knelt on one knee in front of him.

He popped open the box, revealing a gold band, silver gems glistening up at him. "We've been through a lot together. Everything was not perfect, I know" He says, Shu stares, hypnotized, "We fought, we made up. After all those mistakes I always find myself coming back to you. I've loved you, I love you and always will." He stands up, and takes a step towards him. Shu could feel the warmth of his breath when he whispers.

"You're the best thing ever to happen to me. I want to wake up every morning beside you and hold your hand through thick and thin. I want you to be mine" He says, placing his hands on Shu's shoulder, he quietly spins him around.

Shu finds himself staring at the darkness before Honcho and Valt pull on the curtains. Behind the darkness is the most beautiful light has have ever seen. The fairy lights, purple and crimson blinking at him, silently wording the question. The prettiest question, the start of a new beginning. Emotions stripped naked.

Will you marry me? Shu reads when Lui words the questions, savouring each and every word. Shu just stares for a second awestruck. Lui moves and stands in front of him with a ring in his hands, his violet eyes gleaming with a promising future.

"Yes" His voice cracks and Shu doesn't mind. "Yes, I will"

Lui takes his hand and slips the ring into his finger, kissing his knuckles, his warm lips sending shivers down Shu's spine. This person, this guy, standing in front of him, promising to make his life the best, promising to give him the world.

A tear slips down his cheek, the crowd erupts into cheers around him. Shu doesn't wait as he lends forward and kisses him. Lui laughs into the kiss, and pulls him into an embrace, their lips dancing, gliding.

The fireworks ripped across the blanket of darkness, colouring the sky in seas of orange and yellow. Under the sky glittering with the art of fireworks, under the naked eyes of all their friends, they vow to spend a lifetime of memories together.

When they part, Shu averts his gaze to wipe at the trail of tears left behind in the moment of extreme happiness. Someone burst into tears on the sidelines, startled gazes reach Valt who was making his way to the albino tackling him to a hug. "Shu" He wails, "Congratulations"

Shu chuckles, "Oh my god, Valt, why are you crying?"

"My best friend just got engaged" He says. Even Honcho wipes an imaginary tear from the corner of his eyes, joining them in the hug. Shu finds himself flooded with congratulations, and hugs. He enjoys this, enjoys all the support and the beauty of the moment. His heart sings, his mind was blank except for the dreams. Dreams of their future that doesn't seem like a fleeting dream. It feels real. It is real.

Lui stares at the beyclub in the hug, Free stands beside him. "Congratulations" The blonde says, sipping his wine.

Kristina is ushering the kids to the buffet telling them to dig in before it gets cold. Shu was still trying to calm Valt down, the bluenette hoplessly clutching to him. "Thank you" Lui says.

Free smirks, "You do remember what I said that day, right?"

"Oh yeah"

It hadn't been two years since they started dating when Free came up to him. Lui didn't know the bond between Free and Shu had been close until the blonde uttered those words.

"Don't let him go Shirosagi. He's a rare one and one of the best. Keep him close. He's the best you could ever wish for"

Lui didn't miss the underlying warning in those words and he didn't. He didn't let go of Shu and now he's ready to look forward and see a lifetime with the albino.

Soon, after the frenzy the younger bladers leave the party, they all circle with wine glasses in their hands. "To Lui and Shu" Honcho says, raising his glass. They all raise their glasses. Shu catches Lui's gaze and smiles as they toast. To a great future, a better life. A life filled with wonders.

---

"Whoa" The kid sitting on Lui's lap marvels. "It sounds like a fairytale!"

"It is like a fairytale isn't it?" Lui says, cuddling his son, Kazuhiko. Shu's in the kitchen readying their breakfast.

All of them woke up late in the morning, the exhaustion after yesterday's Christmas party catching up with them. Christmas always comes with memories. Memories of that life they started ten years ago. Their five year old son, Kazuhiko always asks him to repeat the story after each Christmas party and Lui never gets tired of it.

"I've never seen Dad cry" Kazuhiko says thoughtfully, "I can't believe Papa made Dad cry!" He chirps.

Lui shrugs, "Not my fault, Dad is a very sensitive person" He says in a dramatic whisper watching Shu enter the room.

"I heard that!" Shu scowls.

"Dad" Kazuhiko grins, holding out his hands. Shu picks him up and cuddles their cheeks together, giggling.

"You listened to that story again?"

"Yep" He says, "It's so awesome!"

"You never get tired of it, do you?"

Kazuhiko shakes his head, "Nope"

Shu puts him down and beckons him to the kitchen. "Go and wash your hands. You can have whatever toppings you want today with the pancakes!"

Kazuhiko cheers loudly, racing to the kitchen. "Be careful" Shu calls out, when two strong arms are around his waist, Lui's chin tucked in the hollow of his neck. Shu chuckles, "Breakfast is ready, Lui"

"I'd rather eat you" He grumbles, Shu flushes shushing him.

"Lui there's a kid in the house!"

Lui shrugs, kissing his neck. "He's not here, he's probably marvelling at the chocolate toppings."

Shu elbows him lightly. "You're a terrible father" He says when Lui spins him around and kisses him. His lips moving with the same passion.

It did sound like a fairytale. How could they be so in love? It had been years but the spring of their love was still the same. Falling over and over again. Deeper and deeper into this mess of emotions they swim, tangling themselves in all the memories. Parting, they embrace, Lui's strong hands wrapping around him. Shu hums contently into his shirt when Kazuhiko barrels into the living room.

"Dad where's-" He stops, gasping. "Hugs for me too!" He charges against their legs, trying to wiggle through their legs. Lui picks him up and swings him around.

"Hugs for everyone"

Kazuhiko cheers, wrapping his hands around both Shu and Lui, chuckling loudly.

This was life, Shu thinks, watching his son and husband making their way to the dining room. He picks the toys and the remnants of wrappings from the floor, holding them close, thanking everyone for this life. Thanking for this guy, who was there, who's still here, loving him, treasuring him, adoring him. Thanking for this son, always there to cheer him up. Thanking this family, and these Christmases. Thanking the miracle of life that allowed him to walk down this path. 

This Chrismas miracle. 

Bimsha speaking! :D

So, this idea was given to me ages ago and here I am posting the story after like a century. I apologize for the late update buut tho I said I'm going full hiatus here I am! I thought I needed a break from all the studies and I had already written like half of the story earlier before the exams started so I decided to finish it. 

But yes, this will be the last update for a while. After my finals (which ends in March 5th) I'll be here all day all night writing writing aaand writing. 

Anyways! Huge shoutout to Atsikayna for giving me the story idea! I loved it <333 it was so beautiful I hope I did justice for your glamarous plot. (Sorry if I didn't wfnownf) 

That's it folks! See you guys in ages. It's going to be a while but hopefully, I'd be back and I can continue to write to this fandom more and more. Love you all to bits. Take care! And good luck if any of you have exams <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 103 27
If you have an idea you guys would like to publish, please msg me or pm me and I will add it to this! I will try my best! Requests are open, and you...
110K 4.5K 100
𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 || 𝑺𝒉𝒖 𝑲𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 ❝ 𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼...
28.3K 580 27
(Y/N), A girl from Spain, went back to her Home in Japan to meet his childhood bestfriend and eventually making new friends along the way. P.S. This...
562 27 19
HELLO HERE! In this 'book', I'll post some started and unfinished drafts that I did at least a year ago. My one shots started around mid-2020 (Becau...