The Shadow Of The Sun

By BlossomLindsey

In which Hoseok texts a wrong number "Everyone talks about the tragic beauty of blue and green eyes but what... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 20

15.7K 883 336
By BlossomLindsey

HOSEOK'S POV

It was a three and a half-hour ride to Gwangju. We went there in our staff's car which we use sometimes when we have to travel in disguise.

Our faces almost covered, we plunged into the hospital. I explained to Tae and Hyung that she was in the hospital while we were travelling, and they gasped at the news.

I went to the reception and impatiently asked for her whereabouts.

"Kim Y/N, ward 14, go straight, it's second to the left," the receptionist politely answered.

As we went towards the ward, my heart was beating nervously. I saw a man, in his mid-twenties sitting outside. His hands buried in his Kohl-black locks. As his eyes lay on us, he sprang up from his seat.

"Are you..." He paused, making sure no one was hearing us.

His voice was enough to make me realise that he was Taejoon.

He came to my ear and whispered, "Are you spiderman?"

"What?" I was taken aback by his choice of words.

"No, I thought cause you were masked to such an extent. Well, I know who you are, but, I am a bit embarrassed," he said, his hand on his nape.

"Embarrassed? Why?" Tae asked, intrigued.

"I think I made a huge fuss. The doctor said that it was mild inflation of the liver, and it will be okay in some time. I thought she almost died," he dramatically gasped.

This was not at all what I was expecting.

"Can I meet her?" I simply asked.

"Yeah sure, but, she isn't up yet."

He opened the door for us and only he and I entered and the other two- Tae and Hyung stood outside guarding the door. Why? I don't know!

Her Amazonian figure sat well on her wafer-thin body as she lied on the light blue sheets. She had a decanter shaped waist and her complexion had an impeccable, ochrous hue. Her pencil-thin eyebrows eased down gently to her black, beetle's-leg eyelashes. A sculptor could not have fashioned her little ears and aquiline nose any better.

She was captivating, only after a good few minutes, I realised that I was staring at her. Taejoon was just blankly looking at me, it's good that my expressions were concealed by my disguise.

Her eyes fluttered open, landing on her best friend when she broke into a smile, her beguiling, white teeth lit up the room.

Spools of her midnight-black hair flowed around her photogenic face and hid a swan's neck, elegant and smooth. I loved her coffee brown eyes which were a-sparkle with the 'Joie de Vivre.

Her calamine-pink lips surprised me that they were plump and botox-boosted as she had a demure, timorous personality.

"What's with your face Tj?" She asked in a dulcet voice that was like that of a songbird.

"You pest! You are the reason! I hate you, and your irritating dumbass face," he grunted in a heavy voice.

"Aww. Looks like someone was concerned?" She mocked, her beautiful eyes giving him her full attention, while I stood by the side, not wanting to intrude.

"Hah!" He scoffed, "You wish? Well there is someone who wants to meet you," he pointed towards me. She furrowed her brows as her head moved, her eyes landed on me and I was suddenly nervous.

She tilted her head in confusion.

"Hello," I said, my hands jammed in my overcoat's pocket.

Her eyes widened, "Hoseok?" She said pretty loudly and then instantly covered her mouth.

"I'll go talk to the doctor," Taejoon said and quickly took his leave.

I saw her gulping nervousness and then smiling. I could feel electricity running through my veins when that beautiful smile gave me its attention. I walked ahead and sat on the stool beside her bed, IV fluids running through her veins.

"Are you..." I paused, looking for the right word. She waited for my sentence completion.

"Are you angry?" I closed my eyes, I wanted to know but I didn't want to hear a 'yes'. Though I knew, it was an obvious response.

"Nah! Life's too short to be angry," she said nonchalantly.

My lips curved upwards in a smile, so much as I expected. I let out an unintended laugh and she giggled, her nose scrunched as she did so.

"Um... You can't take that off?" She pointed towards my mask and sunglasses. I shifted my head gesturing towards the CCTV that hung on the ceiling.

"Ahh... I feel sorry for it," she said.

"Huh?" Before I could even question anymore, she grabbed the apple on the bedside table. Aiming at the CCTV she hit a bull's eye. My eyes widened at the sudden activity.

"Wha- That... I-"

"It's okay, I can pay for a CCTV to the very least," she shrugged, "Now?"

I took off my coverings. Her eyes were shining like her eyeballs were replaced by some gem. Looking at her, so vivacious, so lively, my eyes were filled with tears.

She was so used to neglecting her feelings.

"H-How?... I mean... Why are you here?"

I smiled, causing my eyes to squint and the tears to fall. I wiped them off, "Because..." It took me a minute to catch the rhythm.

"When the sun shines we shine together. Told you I'll be here forever," I sang. She giggled, tears running down her cheeks as she continuously wiped them off.

"Said I'll always be your friend," a pang of overflowing guilt seeped my veins as I gripped the bedside.

"Took an oath I'mma stick it out till the end," she continued.

"Now that's raining more than ever. Know that we'll still have each other. You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella." I continued.

"Ellah, ellah, ell-" her voice cracked.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, looking down.

"I think I did mention. No sorrys and no thank-yous- wait. Sorry for the late realisation. But, you're J-HOPE!!! OH MY GOD!! YOU'RE HO-"

"Hey calm down, you have your cannulae connected," I said as I saw her moving her hand to which the IV was connected.

"Let it go and fuck itself-"

"Language!!" It was an impromptu reaction, not intended.

"We'll wait again. You mean it was Hoseok itself looking down on Hoseok!" She gasped and I gave a nervous smile.

All of a sudden, my collar was in her grip.

"You are perfect, you get that?" She said in an intimidating tone. I gulped and nodded. She smiled, straightening my collar and then retreating.

Is she a maniac? But she's cute.

"Did I startle you?" She asked, looking at her feet.

"A little bit."

"You did too, so it becomes equal. I'm sorry, I became unreasonable. For the time, I didn't give a fuck that you're a celebrity and that too you and became selfish. I just took you as a friend of mine who abandoned me. It may sound really cheesy, but somehow I felt connected to you and as I had mentioned, I don't like people leaving me without once conversing..." Her lips quivered as two clear droplets of a fresh stream fell down her beautiful face.

"I was at fault, but, why connect yourself so much to people that it would ruin you! Self-harm is the worst you can do. I hate watching you do this to yourself," I said calmly.

"I'm sorry," she bit her lower lip, her lips parted again to speak something but the door opened and I was quick to hide again.

"Did you just break the hospital CCTV?" Taejoon gave a shocked expression and she shrugged.

"Why didn't you call me, I also had to see the scene!!" He sadly said, his shoulders dropping down and she chuckled. Not gonna lie, even I was trying hard to suppress my laughter at his melodrama.

He was a good man and a good friend.

"I think, I should leave," I said when I encountered Yoongi Hyung staring.

Her eyes became dull, pressing her lips in a thin line she nodded.

As I was about to exit the ward, a voice stopped me, "Will we be talking again. Or this was a cue to take it as a final goodbye?"

A mild smile stretched over my lips and I felt warmth at her questioning, "I said i'mma stick it out till the end, and this cannot be the end."

She smiled from ear to ear and nodded furiously. And so, I left hesitantly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.3K 34
❝We're like the sun and the moon.. never there at the same time..❞ A J-Hope biased Korean stranger befriends you online. And, struggling with differe...
2.5M 105K 95
"ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴀɢ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ." in which jungkook thinks he's texting taehyung about his thick, lost bag when he's actually been texting...
4.7K 193 5
Jung Hoseok, J-hope, Hobi, the sunshine of BTS. the once energetic ray of sun's world come crashing down when he hears those few words that breaks hi...
395K 10.9K 56
Imagines and Texts between you and Bangtan! ❗❗GIFS DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, IT BELONGS TO THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS❗❗ #68 in Random - 11/8/2017 #738 in Fa...