The Shadow Of The Sun

By BlossomLindsey

In which Hoseok texts a wrong number "Everyone talks about the tragic beauty of blue and green eyes but what... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 19

15K 837 169
By BlossomLindsey

HOSEOK'S POV

"Hyung, I'm sorry," Jungkook mumbled for the thousandth time.

"It's okay," I smiled.

"Are you really forgiving me?"

"Yes maknae, its not a big deal anyway and this was deemed to happen," I maintained my calm tone as I watched his pained expression. I felt guilty that I was a reason behind his pain, when it's already been almost a week.

I let out a breath as I moved to my room, closing the door behind me. Instantly, I dropped the fake smile.

I didn't want it to come out like this. I am a coward, I couldn't even say goodbye.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, my heart ached as I stared at the chats. Tears prickled my eyes, I felt trapped and before I knew, I was silent crying. Reading the chats, the specific night chats, I laughed intermittently between of my sobs.

I missed living my life. I missed genuinely laughing. I missed her.

Throwing my phone on my bed, followed by my own exhausted self. Covering my eyes with my elbow, denying to look at life and embracing the darkness that instilled in my heart.

She must be hating on me. She should... She would...

I gulped thinking of her reaction.

But when I'll ask her the same, she'll say life's too short to hate.

A mild smile formed on my lips, only on catching onto her reaction. I don't even know clearly what she looks like, just how her smiling self feels, it feels to be very warm though.

The abrupt ringing of the phone brought me out of daze.

"Unknown Number?"

Incoming call : +8xxxxxxxxx
Yes / No

I panicked a little before finally deciding on not picking it up.

It ringed again. What if it's something important.... What if it's her?

Incoming call : +8xxxxxxxxx
Yes / No

[Hello?]

[Are you Hoseok?]

A male voice echoed on the other end. It felt as if someone set pangs into my heart.

I was really, desperately hoping for her call.

[Y-Yes]

[Well Congrats!]

[Sorry?]

[You brought down
the invincible girl.

Kudos to you.]

Sarcasm dropped down from the tone of the speaker taking me by utter astonishment.

[Excuse me?
I think this is
a wrong number-]

[Yeah right. She was
just a wrong number.]

[...can you please be
clear?]

[Hah!
Do you know Y/N?]

My heart skipped a beat as I heard her name over the phone. My grip became firm on my phone.

[What happened to her?]

[Oh you remember?
Wow. So thankful I am.]

[Stop beating around
the bush]

[Y-You... Why did you?
Why make friends if
you guys can't  carry on
the responsibilities?

Is this all a joke to
you big people?]

[N-No...]

[She just wanted a
last goodbye.

A last hearing from her
friend.

Not from his friend.

Was this too much to ask?]

I gulped. The man seemed to be in pain, his voice was trembling and he was stuttering with each note.

[Who are you?]

[Me? I am a friend
who knows what is
friendship]

Taejoon!

[Where is she?
How is she? Can you
please lemme talk
to her? I request]

I was so desperate, so guilty, so overwhelmed that for that moment I decided to fuck all rules. I didn't care anymore of the consequences, of my career, of the media. I just wanted to hear her.

[Just if you would have
said this a few days
before. She wouldn't
be in this condition.]

[Wait. What condition?
What happened? Where is
she-]

[Acute alcohol hepatitis.
*Sniffle*

She's in the hospital.
If possible and if you
could take some time
out of your busy
schedule.

Please, I beg you!!
Please meet her.

Think of it as my
only wish.

Please, maybe that
would make her
heartache any less]

And the man broke into a fistful of heart wrenching cries. My tears that fell down without consent added to the agony of the situation.

[I will. I will no matter what]

In that moment I didn't care of the world.

[Will text you the
Location]

[Please.]

Never before in my entire life of twenty seven years, I had felt so determined.

Call ended.

I rushed out taking the car keys.

"Hyung, are you going somewhere?" Jimin questioned gaining everyone's attention.

"Gwangju." I gave a simple response.

"You are visiting your hometown again-"

"I am going to meet Y/N," I interrupted Yoongi Hyung.

"What?" Namjoon came out of his room in pajama shorts and a very amused expression.

"Yes-"

"No! I think we decided on this," he interrupted.

"I need to leave now. Let's talk later." I turned back but someone pulled my arm back. Taehyung.

I grimaced, "what?"

"You are not in your senses Hyung, let me drive," he calmly passed. I felt grateful, and understood.

"Taehyung!" Jin Hyung chided.

"What's so wrong in having an online friend? How can you just presume that things will go wrong when Hyung says that she is a nice person? Why do we have to suspect?" He yelled back taking us by astonishment.

"Aren't we allowed to live a normal life?" His tone subdued with an immense pain and realisation.

"She's a gold digger. Can't you see? After all this time, she still tried to-"

"Shut it!" I yelled at my elder unknowingly, "please, for god sake."

"Hoseok, did you just..." Jin Hyung's jaw dropped at my sudden demeanor.

"I- I'm sorry Hyung. She's not a gold digger. She's not."

"You said it about your previous dates," Namjoon added disinterestedly making me clench my jaw.

"She is not my date. She's my friend! And I am deemed to comply by my words."

"But-"

"I'm tagging along," Yoongi Hyung added, stretching himself and interrupting Jin Hyung.

He smiled and I felt even more determined.

"I support," Jimin said with a warm smile.

"Me too," Jungkook added.

"I'm not sure but if you say so Hyung. I trust you." Namjoon smiled.

"I just don't want you or your reputation to get hurt anymore but if we drown we drown together." Jin Hyung said.

"So, Hyung, are you ready?" Tae asked and I nodded with my now watery eyes.

Tears of gratefulness and desperation.

"I'll take care of the manager," Namjoon blurted. "I'm coming along," Jin Hyung moved with Namjoon.

"Don't worry Hyung, though we are not as professional as you, me and Jk will try to proceed with the choreo," Jimin stated.

"Thank you guys."

"So. BAngtan BAngtan bang bang tan!" Jk chuckled.

"There goes our little kid with nursery rhymes, go do your work kid," Taehyung mocked.

"What the fuck?"

Jin Hyung erupted out of nowhere, "did the kid just curse?"

"Jimin Hyung, I'll meet you in the studio," Jk yelled as he ran out of the dorm.

"Come on Hobi, let's go. Tae? Ready?" Yoongi Hyung asked and we both nodded, proceeding towards the car.

(A/N: Reached 1K. Thank you so much
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 145 20
In a twist of fate, Y/N finds herself stepping into the shoes of Hoseok's previous makeup artist, only to be met with an immediate animosity from him...
188K 10.4K 62
"Tell me, Y/N," Hoseok says while he smiles at you. "Are you a member of the Mile High Club?" His voice has a tone of amusement in it as he speaks. ...
4.5K 139 33
This story about a girl that her dream to meet her bias Jhope. She is a shy and cute girl in school but her classmates always bullying her. One day J...
168 14 3
Y/N: If there I ever was a purpose in my life, I am sure it was to meet you. You gave me hope, Hoseok, you made me want to continue on. JHope(Hoseok...