โ๐—–๐—˜๐—ข ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—ฆ โ”โ” ๐—.๐—...

By jjkilytoo

Everything is fair in love and war. But what if you find both love and war in one person? "Are you perhaps ig... More

Introduction
Playlist | Teaser
ๅพท : Act I
01 | Click, thump
02 | Hit the ball(s)
03 | Alexa, play 'Stuck with you'
03.5 | Payback, Secretary Kim
04 | Makeup artist, Sherlock
05 | Fake dating, wifey
06 | Sit pretty in clouds
07 | Restocking limited edition shampoos
07.5 | Daft? Full Tilt Diva? Eren Yeager!
08 | Cruel world, Mon cheri
09 | Rival, fake, lover
09.5 | The blue in the red flames
ๅฎถ : Act II
10 | Gold brick of solid gold
11 | Dry lips, chapped memories
12 | Ice cream melts hearts
13 | Warmth in that ice cream
13.5 | PS: the egg mask works
14 | Mrs Yoon a day, keep the wallet away
15 | Win her, winner
16 | Private Jet, honey
17 | Footprints of love's doom
18 | Golden, starfish
18.5 | Cromulent
19 | Result Day
ๅคข : Act III
20 | The repeat process
21 | Two heroes
22 | Cruisetitude
22.5 | The truth untold
24 | Grisaille
25 | Jeon Holmes
26 | Home of the cold
27 | Bam, the saviour
28 | #MinBam
29 | Most sought bachelor
็พŽ: Act IV
30 | The Devil Wears Leopard
31 | The Miss Right
32 | Knowing too much
33 | The shopping date
34 | A reflection of the past
35 | Shallow Waters
36 | Shutter smiles and capture hearts
37 | Paris-dise
37.5 | You weren't even that drunk!
38 | Into the unknown
39 | A part of you, hidden
40 | It's the Parisian air
41 | A step closer to Home
ๆฐธ : Act V
42 | The most Paris-eque thing
43 | A catastrophe
43.5 | I want to be your light
44 | You thought it's the end
45 | Cinderella's fallen shoe
46 | Merry Chuseok
46.5 | Distractions
[Breaking news] : Yoon Minhee has called her own doom!
47 | The Outbreak
[Breaking news] : Chew on Ryu
48 | Behind the scenes
49 | A home to Hokkaido
50 | Turn a leaf over
Epilogue | You're my favourite rival
[NEW] bebeauty.com

23 | Fake it, say it

1.5K 120 48
By jjkilytoo

─── ·𖥸· ───

It is morning before Minhee even realises.

Her head is pounding, eyes unable to keep open and she can't even speak a sentence without yawning. Eunwoo had called her at night saying Dahyun was at his place and he was clueless about why she came to him crying.

Minhee's lips had trembled as she told him the truth about her and Jeongguk's relationship, choking on her own words. Eunwoo had said nothing but, "We'll talk in person, Dahyun needs me," and hung up.

Then, as expected, the scandal caused people to dig out every information, related and unrelated to it, from Minhee's private and office life. Numerous dating scandals surface, linking Minhee's name with rich conglomerates, even the one's she hasn't ever heard of and causing people to accuse her of cheating at Jeongguk.

The clips from the cruise dinner spread with captions saying 'Busted', social media comments filled with people trolling her. It's a mess.

A mess she created.

Jeon fucking Jeongguk.

That asshole still benefited from all of this.

"Ma'am, the reporters are waiting." Mina's voice snaps Minhee out of her thoughts. She takes a deep breath before walking inside the hall.

The PR team had suggested hosting a press conference to clarify all of the accusations and rumours. She is grateful that the team could conjure up enough evidence and material for her to come clean without even knowing the full truth.

She walks inside the hall where flashes of the camera and the sound of typing fill the room. It's already making her sick. Once the mic is set and she is standing on the podium, Minhee takes a deep breath before calmly speaking.

"Hello. I'm Wings' Chief Executive Officer, Yoon Minhee. Today, I am here to sincerely apologise to the customers and staff that had to face inconvenience recently. We also decline the claims that say we have been gaining more profit by increasing the selling price of our products in departmental stores. The legal team is working through a lawsuit against the people involved in spreading false information and using false evidence to taint the company's image.

The company would also take in the concern of working conditions of our staff in factories and have decided to take active measures against any mistreatment, neglect or difficulty they face.

Lastly, regarding the arising rumours and the marriage document circulating in the media. Those documents are forge—"

Then it happens all too quickly. The typing and flashes become more aggressive, almost deafening and Minhee is forced to stop in between because the reporters shoot question after question.

What in the world is happening? Did I say something wrong? No way...I am saying just the things we had discussed— she pauses when a few phrases sound clear in the commotion— married to Jeongguk? What are they speaking about?

"Please, ask one by one—" the managing director tries to regulate the reporters, but all he gets is a few mics shoved in his direction. A hand on Minhee's shoulder startles her and she turns to see Dahyun standing there with concern etched on her face. "We need to get out, right now."

Minhee nods, standing up and following Dahyun out of the room with reporters pushing and pulling each other as they try to get answers from Minhee.

"Did you and Jeongguk plan to announce your marriage today?" Dahyun says, walking fast towards the parking lot.

Minhee scoffs, "We didn't. We don't plan to do that very soon. In fact, never. We will probably divorce in a year so why bother—"

"He announced it."

Minhee halts her steps, staring at Dahyun's back who seemed to have stopped in her tracks too. "What?"

"Jeongguk's PR team published an article with your marriage registration attached with it. It says you both were waiting to reveal the news slowly and he'll hold a conference soon about it too."

"Has he gone insane?" Minhee hollers, pushing her hair back and gripping it hard as if wanting to tear it all. "What the fuck is he thinking? Announcing such a big thing without discussing it with me? That fucking asshole."

Dahyun sighs and starts walking towards their car again. Minhee follows, breathing heavily as she tries to keep her calm. Jeongguk has completely lost it, fucking asshole. Bet he couldn't wait to take advantage of everything he will gain after revealing our marriage.

"It's better for you to go home today, stay inside for a few days. It will be hell outside."

...

Minhee expected her father to show his disappointment about the whole scenario but also sound relieved that the news is finally out. The thing she didn't expect was to see Jeongguk sitting at their dining table with her parents, eating lunch while smiling shyly.

"Oh Minhee!" her mother exclaims, seeing Minhee standing still at their doorstep,"I didn't know you were coming home. Look who's here."

"Yes, I can see that." she deadpans, eyes squinting at Jeongguk who in return has a smirk on his lips, eyes piercing right through her. She digs her nails into the palm of her fist, trying her absolute best to not punch him right now.

"Have a seat Minhee." her father says. "Jeongguk and I were just discussing when you both can settle in the penthouse we gifted you both. If things are all good, the day after tomorrow should be perfect."

Oh how sweet does he sound right now.

"I am not moving in."

Jeongguk quirks an eyebrow up at her. "Why?" Mrs Yoon asks.

"Why are you so eager to have me move out?"

"We aren't eager." her mother says, "We just want to see you settled in. Like all couples are."

Minhee shakes her head in disbelief. She looks at Jeongguk and then at her father before storming into her room. Moving in? My foot. I can't imagine what it would be like to live with that ass.

...

"I'm sorry about that son, you know how Minhee can be. She is just not used to the whole marriage thing." Mrs Yoon says as Jeongguk sips water from his glass.

He shakes his head, "I can understand, Mrs Yoon. I am willing to give her all the time she needs to get accustomed to the whole union."

Daejun places a hand on his shoulder. "Ahh, Jeongguk. I can't imagine bringing someone else other than you as my son-in-law. You have always been so caring ever since you were a child. I remember how you had insisted on skipping school, just to take care of your ill father."

Jeongguk smiles, shyly.

"I am sure Minhee will be ready the day after tomorrow, you need not worry about that. I will take your leave now, I have to attend a press conference." Jeongguk says, standing up and straightening his clothes. Daejun nods, patting his back a little.

"Once again, Thank you for doing this."

"Oh no no, Mr Yoon. I owe you so much, this is nothing."

And with a few more pleasantries, Jeongguk leaves to drive back to the office. He sighs, calling Secretary Kim through his Bluetooth. "Yes, the liar's secretary speaking."

"Aren't you going to drop that already?"

"You deserve to be reminded of your crimes. You could tell me you are in a pretend relationship, couldn't you manage to slip in but we are actually married that day. I feel like I have aged three times ever since I heard the news."

Jeongguk sighs, nipping his lower lip. "I thought you didn't care. You didn't say anything or get surprised when I had told you about our fake dating scheme..."

"Fake dating is a common thing. A lot of businessmen do it, I have done it too. But marriage? That is the news I would react to. I didn't get my share of free food."

"Alright, I'm sorry," Jeongguk says, adjusting the gear.

"It's fine if you give me a bonus."

Jeongguk scoffs, "What do you do with so much money?"

"Put it in my savings."

"How diligent." Jeongguk mutters, "Anyway, I called you to get rid of all the information you have on Wings. Delete every file, shred all the papers, keep nothing."

"Woah...Okay. Did you find what you're looking for?"

Jeongguk feels irritation taking over his senses even just by remembering 'what'. "Secretary Kim, people like Minhee deserve to feel threatened in their position because they have nothing but a silver spoon in their mouth. It makes me angry thinking that she even has the audacity to put people down after what she has done, and has the audacity to insult me after pushing the company to almost ruin."

"You are being very harsh with your opinion."

"I am sure you'll have the same opinion as me after you learn about it. Anyway, for now, delete all of it. I will fill you in with what I know once I am back from the press conference."

...

"Secretary Kim...I think you should see this..." Siwoo says, eyes blown wide at his screen. The older man walks to his desk and bends to his level, looking at the screen.

"No way..."

"Secretary Kim!" Jeongguk walks inside his office floor, with a jolly smile on his face and a cup of coffee in his hand. "Here's a token of apology— what's wrong."

Jeongguk pauses when he sees Kim's furrowed brows. The latter sighs, pointing towards Siwoo's screen. "We received mail from the Yangs..the one who was involved in our next colour cosmetic project..."

"Okay...and?"

Secretary Kim breathes out, eyes closing in ticking patience. "And they have withdrawn their decision of participating in it." 

─── ·𖥸· ───

shit is about to go down people

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 77 21
"Jungkook,maybe we should remain friends and forget about what we had just done.It'll be the best." I mumble and regretted it instantly.Who was I kid...
965 75 6
Kim taehyung Korea number 1 ceo an billionaire and world most handsome man which he didn't care about his looks attract people towards him like a mag...
18.9K 755 57
"You're scared of me." Jungkook says. I nod. "I am." I say, and with my shaking hands I pick up a gun next to me. I point it to him. He's a bit t...
8.5K 243 27
A war. One that has been going on for two centuries. Fighting, killing, crying - all the common war stuff. But what would happen if two lovers - Taeh...