Save You (Levi Ackerman X Rea...

By Xythe_Phantasma

"Isabel! Farlan! No..." how much boxes of tissue did she need just to watch this painful moment come through... More

000. Intro
00. Still Pondering If This is a Dream
01. Reality Hits Hard When You're in a Fictional World
02. When You Meet Unexpected Side Characters that You Love
03. When You Suddenly Became a Survivor
04. The Quest To The Infamous Underground in Search of Future Heichou
05. When Your Character is a Difficult Person
06. Oh, Let's Go Have Some Fun!
07. Too Touchy. I'm Gunna Die!
08. What In the Fanfic Shitshow Is This?!
09. Hah, You Think There's an Escape Way, Side Character?
10. The Expedition and Bean Protection Mission
11. Unexpected and Uninvited Guest
12. Play A Game Of Fools
13. Dead But Not Dead
14. It Is Not Waking Up From A Long Dream
15. Something Empty, Something Bland
16. Just Came Back and Saved Someone Already
17. Meeting My Ungrateful Subordinates
18. I'm Such A Special Character Now so Bow Down MC!!!
20. In The End, I Still Don't Belong Here
21. Heichou, Calm Down!
22. I Need A Forever Day Off
23. Sometimes, Villains Need Counselling
24. Since When?
25. It's Like Two Acquaintances Walking
26. What The Heck Is Going On Here?
27. Time To Go
28. Another Saint?!
29. Should We Keep it a Secret?
30. It all Started Because I want to Save You
31. Nightmare
32. unintentionally Publicizing Relationship

19. The YouTube Chef is Back

3.4K 197 29
By Xythe_Phantasma

19. The YouTube Chef is Back

What will be your lives be without the beautiful and talented me?

Y/n narcissistic's thought came to her head as she looked at the soldier's meal with pity.

It seemed that they've come back to preparing mashed potato, a piece of hard stale bread and tasteless vegetable soup... that only has about five slices of stewed carrot and two slices of leeks for garnish.

Sighing, she was about to take a spoonful of the dish looking like a spoilt child forced to eat brocolli, she was suddenly put to a stopped when her tray was taken.

Y/n blinked twice and looked at the now empty table in front of her.

Eren watched the scenario with complicated eyes when he saw Levi took the food away. Y/n slowly lifted her head to look at him blankly as if the nightmare was already done playing in front of her. "What kind of food is that?" She blurted.

"It's soldier's food." Levi replied, glaring at her.

"Are you serious? Was my three years of service in the past a mere piece of limited charity? Where are my teachings gone?" She slammed the table dramatically making the little spectator Eren and Levi squad, to flinch in confusion.

Also the same Levi squad, who happened to be in the same room also have a very complicated look on the saintess.

"Obviously, the lack of supplies had caused the meals to go down like this. You think the fall of Maria is a joke?" Levi retorted.

"Aniki." Came Isabel and Farlan who were trying to mediate the two.

Y/n huffed. "That is not what I meant, dear. You think I taught those because it's expensive? I taught those because it's healthy and can be made and found anywhere." She sighed, massaging her temples. "From the very start, I knew  how the government doesn't put special care to the scouts. Don't even mention how the budget's been cut off after the fall."

She sat back down trying to calm herself. Why is Levi asking for a fight again? It's not like she said anything wrong. All the food she made for the soldiers were guaranteed cheap and can be found within the walls or outside walls so it's very accessible for the scouts.

"The reason why we couldn't make those anymore was because the past cooks and notes you've written are gone." Farlan explained.

"What?" The girl was stunned.

"The cooks were taken to serve the military police. While the notes were taken back by the Callenreese estate as your personal belonging and safekeeping."

"Hold up. Why would the cooks serve the mps? They have their own."

"Obviously, orders from higher ups." Isabel explained.

"A bunch of..." Y/n stopped herself and stood up. "I'm going to the kitchen." She said before disappearing into their sights.

"Captain, shouldn't we stop the saintess? She might hurt herself." Petra asked worried about the consequences from the church if Y/n ever gets hurt.

Isabel smiled at her. "It's okay." She said. "I heard from miss Hange that Y/n was their 'nutritionist'. Y/n was the one who supervised the change of our soldiers diet when she was still the commander vice." Finishing the explanation, Levi squad including Eren were surprised.

"Have you tried her cooking?" Eld asked curiously.

"Of course, we've tried it! There's also a restaurant here that has Y/n's recipe. And during our recruitment days, we noticed that there were some odd foods that she makes. She usually calls it Asian, European and hybrid variations of delicacy." Farlan answered. "Not only were they good for the health, it also tastes good."

Isabel turned to Levi who had put down the food tray that was supposed to be Y/n's lunch. "Aniki, why did you take her tray?" She asked.

"She just woke up, shouldn't that brat be eating some porridge?" He replied in annoyance.

Both Isabel and Farlan looked at each other seemingly to agree. Shouldn't those who just woke up from coma supposedly weak? Why does the little saintess looked so energised?

The group sat in the mess hall quietly but heard the rhythmic chopping sound from the kitchen area.

Levi was crossing his arms and feet while he sat on the chair with annoyance making the squad wonder what scuffle did their captain and the saintess had over why the two argued.

"Um, squad leader Farlan." Eld called hesitantly in a whispering manner. Farlan glanced at him and noticed  how he peeked through Levi and asked. "Did the captain had conflicts with the saintess in the past?" He inquired.

"Hmm, I don't think that's the case." Farlan replied thoughtfully. "They do argue sometimes but it's because Levi started them." Just like now. Levi stole her food and made some remarks that started the exchange...

Now that Farlan had thought about it, it seems like Levi has been calm and mature after Y/n slept like dead. He didn't initiate any unnecessary fights but his tongue was loose that it was hard not to acquire enemies.

But when Y/n woke up, he's not even holding back his temper in front of her knowing that the woman was usually unaffected by his remarks. What is his deal with Y/n?

The group were quiet until an hour had gone by. The girl finally returned from the kitchen holding a pot and placed it in the middle of the group.

She then pointed at Ulou, Levi's super fan and spoke. "Get some spoons and bowls." She demanded.

"Y-yes ma'am!" He ran off while Y/n looked at him with pity.

Son, I'm older than you, but do you look like the same age as my dad? She mentally asked. Was the training hellish these days that will make your fresh and young face turn to grandpa face?

The girl opened the pot, soon revealing a very tempting sent that make one drool. "I say, the bread is so tasteless I can't even swallow them properly." She explained, grabbed her wok and gave a short stir making the fragrance spread out.

"What did you make? Oh this looks familiar." Isabel asked peeking through the pot.

Y/n hummed. "Ramen from yours truly dr. Stone." She replied proudly.

"Yeah! That one!" The lady brightened up with bright eyes while the newbies looked confused.

"Dr. Stone?"

"The source of inspiration. A certain genius I met and taught me the ways of primitive cooking." She explained.

"Genius? Where is he now?" Eld asked with interest.

"Far away, dear." Another dimension if I may say so. "He taught it to me not even knowing that he did." Heh.

"How is that possible?" Petra asked.

"I'm a saintess." She replied vaguely.

"And...?" Everyone were still confused.

Y/n hummed. "Well, you're all too young to know." She waved a hand.

The group looked at her with complicated eyes. They're probably just close to the same age or if not, Y/n was probably more or less 5 years their senior. But even so, if you stand side by side with this woman, you'd probably think she's the youngest with Eren in this room. A teenager herself.

Her sleep didn't let her age too much.

Ulou came back holding the bowls and spoons and placed it down on the table smelling the fragrant scent that came from the bowl.

"What is that?" He asked with expectancy that he would get a taste of it.

"Ramen."

Petra peeked through the pot curiously, her eyes full of questions while Y/n grabbed the bowl and poured generous amount of noodles and soup distributing it to each and every, even Levi.

"It's a recipe from orientals. They're made of wheat and can be preserved if fried. They're better than some tasteless bread as they can complement the soup's flavour." She explained.

Isabel excitedly started hers and slurped the noodle, the same with Farlan.

"I miss these type of food. Y/n's truly my favourite. Can you just ask me for marriage again?" Hange, who appeared out of nowhere suddenly spoke, already having a bowl for herself.

"I'm sorry but I only ask once." Y/n replied to Hange's joke. But everyone thought otherwise.

"R-really? You asked Hange for marriage? What do you even like about her crazy obsession with titans?" Ulou asked shocked. The saintess asked the crazy scientist?

Hange and Y/n looked at each other. Levi, Isabel and Farlan didn't know Y/n's real hobby in the past and only thought that she was an amazing cook.

After a while, Hange laughed so loud she almost choked, Y/n wanted to join her but couldn't even bring out her laugh box. "I guess only the batch back then only knew this." She started. Everyone looked at her confused. "Y/n is actually the original titan researcher. You wouldn't believe how enthusiastic she whenever she see a titan that Mike and I would have to worry whenever we get out the walls." She explained.

At this point, everyone's mouth parted from shock.

"So if we're to compare the past me and past Y/n, I would be the normal one." She pointed out.

The person of the doubt shrugged. "Titan research is exhilarating. Especially when you discover something out of the textbook."

"Also, Y/n." Hange spoke seriously. "Your last report seven years ago, do you remember?" She asked

Y/n thought back. That time, she unexpectedly met Zeke because of that abnormal titan that dragged her farther off the intended route and got her body falling off everywhere.

Her last report was alerting the commander about a beast titan that could speak.

"Yes." She replied after a while.

"During one of our expedition, we discovered something that could support your report." She explained.

She began to look around her pockets until she grabbed a notebook out. Oh I almost forgot about that, Isle's notebook.

"I returned the real one but outlined the most important parts of it. Especially the encounter of our soldier to a titan who can speak." She said, handing the worn little notebook she lovingly kept in her pocket.

Y/n took it carefully, having the same respect to it the same as how Hange would so it won't crease too much. She opened the content with curiosity and quietly read while drinking some ramen soup.

Hange had outlined a lot of details concerning the expedition date, the number of soldiers who went and died, Isle's distance of escape, location of the woods, the titan's description, titan's activities, behaviour and what it said.

"Ymir, huh." She muttered a sigh. Y/n speculated that this titan must have been the goddess' loyal believer until he was turned into titan in the end.

"Was it the same as the titan you encountered?" Hange asked.

Y/n closed the notebook and shook her head. "But so far, we know the tendency of titans being able to speak this language. Where is it?" She knew it's been killed, but acting clueless is sometimes a must.

"Well, it's been killed. It nearly killed Ulou because of me." Hange sighed with disappointment, admitting her mistake.

Y/n hummed. "What did I tell you. I always remind you to be mindful of comrades before throwing yourself in the mouth. You've become reckless while I'm gone." She scolded.

Hearing her preach, Hange lowered her head to accept Y/n's parental words. Back then, Y/n always reminded Hange the ways of both keeping up with titan obsession and keeping up safety because she knew one of these days, Hange would start processing her brain and will befriend any titan she sees without proper precautionary measures.

"I know titans are very tempting to approach, I always dreamed that I could ride on their heads and sit on their palms or stand on their shoulders. I always have this vision in my mind because I think it looks very cool of me once I do so. But I haven't done it yet because I know I'll end up in the mouth after that." She shrugged.

The Levi squad watched. The first scolding, they were touched by Y/n's care towards Hange but when she started speaking about her ambitions, their faces became complicated.

They were beginning to see what Hange meant that Y/n's obsession in the past for titan is just as as equal to how hange have become now.

Worse, through this conversation, Hange began to agree and reply outrageous visions as well.

"But I think I can put my dream to practice now." She said gently.

"How so?" Hange asked.

Y/n's eyes slowly turned to the youngest person in the room and everyone slowly followed.

The innocent titan child pointed to himself in confusion.

"You'll let this big sister stand on your head, right?" She asked. Y/n was already imagining how cool that sounded. Her mind felt so blessed with her amazing imaginary pose at the moment.

"Uh..." Eren nervously wanted to say that he still couldn't control his titan form.

Levi glared at Y/n. "We are not using the brat's ability for your amusement."

Y/n approached Eren and hugged his head. The captain's eyes twitches in irritation, wanting to peel that woman off the brat but restrained himself. "I helped you out in solidifying his stay. And this brat you're talking about is the baby I once bathed and wiped the shit off his baby ass. Are you saying that me standing on his titan head for a whole minute will damage something? Besides, it's just a simple request..." not like you can do anything about it because I'll do it with or without your permission. Hmp! Y/n replied and hugged the boy's head closer.

Now it's everyone's turn to ask: what happened to the matured Y/n that scolded Hange earlier?

"As a saintess, have some decency and unhand that brat."

Y/n did not move. Her arms ramined wrapped around the boy whom he met while he was still in diapers. Meanwhile, Eren was planning to, but he didn't have a heart to tell Y/n off as the embrace felt comforting for him. Just like his mom's.

At this point, levi had a sudden urge to punch- no, to beat Eren again. He glared at Y/n again who was busy coaxing the child to let him sit on his palm once he turns into a giant.

Did she seriously disregard the fact that there are matters the two of them needs to settle? Did she forgot about the agreement that they'll talk when they get back.

Although that 'talk' was seven years late, Levi still kept it in his heart and mind.

Extra note:

And we're done! Here's a knew cover. Lmao. I remember that I drew being ol sentimental way back 2018. So yeh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906 20 13
[VERY SLOW UPDATES!] She's the same woman, the same girl from before. But why does it feel so much different? Why does everything feel so much differ...
38K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
33K 874 19
Following the loss of so many important people, Levi refuses to get in a relationship. He's afraid he will have to relive all of his suffering again...
1.6K 197 27
Levi x Reader (DISCONTINUED) "Show them what your capable of then let all hell break loose" That was the last thing her mother said to her. This is...