Megaman: Reboot

By TwilightDragon5

In the year 20xx, a new type of technology is being produced worldwide. The robot masters, advanced machines... More

His beginning pt. 1
His beginning part 2
'Cutting' it close
Shocking guts
Soldiers of Justice
Cool brother in arms
Such a Devil
Aftermath
Gold and Blue
Troubled family
Old friends
Attack at home
Mangled Metal
Stopped in time
Bubbly woods
Last in defense
Second defeat
Their fate
Who's at fault?
Wi-light
Welcome Wi-lights
Prickly Shell
A surprise visit
Vacation
Discovery
A Light's Shadow
Investigation
The EMP
The Reign of the Moon
Keep friends Close
And Enemies Closer
Ambush in the Amazon
Temple Battle pt. 1
Preparing to leave
Different
Robot Assigning
The Prototypes
A Pact
Connection
New Power
Far Beyond Reach
The Great Unveiling
Madness
Override
Call to Action
Two-Faced
Dancing with Death
Ophidiophobia
The Dark Truth

Temple Battle pt. 2

123 3 0
By TwilightDragon5

Crashman ducked to avoid the incoming rubble coming for the head, and watched as Quickman get blasted by a laser. The laser bounced and barely missed Flashman, who had crouched beside him amongst the battle. The brainwashed Gemini and Magnet remained unmoving, only casting a sideways glance before launching another laser or missile. The area that was once filled with standing pillars and relics were nothing more than crumbled bricks and dust. A strange hum had echoed throughout the field and hurt his receptors, and his movements had slowed down.

"My bombs are not detonating as fast! I'm losing ammo!" He called to his brother.

"My time stopper refuses to activate too. That hum from the temple must be what Megaman was talking about, it disables all electronics and robots." Flash responded.

"But I thought the doc's special coating is supposed to protect us!"

"Yes, for a limited time but not much longer! If we stay sitting ducks for much longer, we'll become like these relics here! Where the heck is Metalman?!"

Crash tried linking to his leader but static filled the other side and he promptly gave up. The yells of Quickman getting tossed around were mixed with the laughter of the brainwashed robots.

"I can't get a link."

The laughter died down and Flash gave a motion to hush. The two peeked over to see a badly scratched Quickman pinned to the ground by Magnet and Gemini, the latter pompously wiping himself of any dust. With their attention diverted, the brothers drew closer with weapons ready.

"This is the best that the doctor made before us? I have lost all respect for the man." Magnet muttered smugly.

"Shut up, you filthy new-built! You're the one being controlled!" Quick argued, and a laser aimed too close to the head.

Magnet leaned in. "And yet you are blind to what controls you."

Flash was within inches from them before he smashed their head into the ground. The brainwashed Gemini looked at the tussle only for Crash bash him upside the head. Gemini shouted, firing a laser that bounced all over the battlefield and landing a clear hit on Flash. Quickman quickly got back up and smashed Magnet into the ground until he stopped resisting. The speedy robot summoned many of his boomerang blades and aimed them towards Gemini next. However, before the blades could make contact, the robot split into his many copies scattered around the battlefield all laughing.

"You want us? Come find the real one!" 

It dawned on them the clones had changed the battle into a game of hide and seek. With every chunk of debris they destroyed, it only revealed another clone and its teasing grin. Lasers bounced from all sides with each miss, and another taunt thrown into the mix. The three Wily bots armor was filled with smudge marks from the lasers, and the real Gemini was yet to be seen.

Quick started to get agitated, no longer showing his cocky arrogance but a flaring anger of being played with. Crash had used almost all of the bombs, with only enough ammunition for one shot in both arms. Flash knew he had enough fuel for one more time stop, but his brothers' potential endangerment stopped him from doing so. They all knew they needed a plan, but they were no leaders like Metalman.

A link alerted Flashman and he answered to a familiar voice screaming in panic. "Somebody help! I'm being chased by a big robot!"

Flash linked to the robot in question. "Heatman, it's Flash! Where are you right now!?"

"DUCK!"

"Duck? What do you mean-OH CRAP!" He exclaimed as brother, engulfed in his flames flew past him in a fireball and collapsed into a pile of rubble. The rubble exposed another clone of Gemini and vaporizing into the air. Not far behind stood a hulking blue robot stampeding through the trees with a smile.

"What do we do now?" Heat asked exhausted. A mumble beside him urged Flash to look at Crash, whose body started to show steam.

"Flash...I'm..." He murmured. Flash tried pulling Crash to his feet, but the robot slumped against the bricks. His buster started to spark from the EMP wave, and he punched the ground in anger.

"Quickman, run throughout the battlefield as fast as you can! Push yourself to your limits and create some ground cover! Heatman, help heat the air around us! Don't stop no matter what, and pick them all off!" He said. Quick, with no ounce of pride left, nodded and sped off. The clones fired from their hiding places, but it was too late. Clouds of dust and rocks erupted from the ground and quickly passed theirs heads, the vision becoming a cloudy mess. 

"Where did they go?" The larger robot's voice echoed through the dust. 

"Don't know." A Gemini clone said.

"We must know." Another clone responded.

"Face us cowards!" And yet another Gemini shouted among the mist. Flash raised his hand and Quickman stopped running. The mist gradually lifted until all robots were seen. Flash looked to all the angry clones surrounding them, taking a good look at their bodies. As the Gemini's raised their weapons, Flash pointed to the one covered in dust. He shouted and Quickman threw a boomerang blade through the chest. The real Gemini gasped and fell into the debris, the clones disappearing rapidly.

"What was that for fighting your opponent?" Quick spat. Flash simply smirked, allowing Quick to have his moment of satisfaction. A bellow startled them both as the giant blue robot stood up, both of his fists raised and ready to crush their skulls. They waited for the impact, but heard several pairs of footsteps running in their direction. The first one to appear was Ballade with his weapon, the Ballade Cracker, in both of his hands. Enker was not far behind, throwing his spear at the hulking monstrosity. The robot toppled over as the spear lodged in it's leg, and Ballade took the opportunity to stick multiple bombs around the body. Ballade gave the command to run, and within seconds explosions pounded whatever was left of the area.

Whatever was left of the blue robot's armored body was covered in smudges and blown outwards, certain parts of circuitry exposed and the core beating slowly. The robot closed its eyes slowly and fell backwards. Timeman and Oilman were the last ones to pop out of the bushes, covered in bite marks.

"Well, that should be one more." Ballade said. "Are we all good Enker?"

"Metalman and Bubbleman said they got the two that ambushed us earlier, and Punk is taking care of the one with Woodman and Airman. Airman won't be able to continue with us, but the rest are heading to our location."

"So we're good?" Ballade repeated himself.

"Yes, we're all good." Enker nodded.

All of the robot masters relaxed with no more enemies visible, and the pyramid with the eye symbol stood proud among the jungle and broken relics. Among the silence, Heatman went over to the steaming Crashman and Quickman staggered against the fallen robots. Time and Oil nodded at each other and walking towards the temple.

"It seems the field is releasing another wave and slowing our circuits down. Look at your brother, and look at yourself. I can feel the effects coming quickly as well." Time said before stepping into the corridors.

"You all just wait here, an' we'll go help him! Later!" Oil gave a thumbs up and followed his friend. The steaming robot masters looked on, mentally arguing whether they were to follow. Enker sighed and followed them into the tunnel along with a enthusiastic Ballade playing with another one of his bombs, leaving the group of damaged robots behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do you insist on getting in the way?! Don't you realize that these humans don't matter?!" Ra Moon's voice hissed through the robot husk Ra Thor. With every energy blast sent his way, Rock simply moved with ease. Whatever Topman's weapon was, it made him really flexible in dodging attacks. But he was frustrated his weapons were doing little effect of Ra Thor.

"Because I fight to protect humans and robots and bring peace back to the world!"

"Humans are weak and disposable, and so are the incomplete machines made by their hands! Once they are gone can this planet truly belong to us!" Ra Thor roared.

"No life is disposable. What makes you think you can decide our fate?" Rock asked, blasting Ra Thor away. Ra Thor returned with a punch and pinning him against the wall.

"I have spent many millennia travelling to worlds beyond your own, destroying them and recreating them in my creator's wishes. I have been successful in all attempts. I am the supercomputer Ra Moon, and I will not be destroyed by a mere husk pretending to be something greater than I!"

Rock charged and switched to his buster, aiming for the robot's eyes. "Doctor Wily, what are the robot's weaknesses?!"

Wily peaked from the hallway corner in fright. "Ra Thor was built to have no weaknesses Megaman! He was modified to have the strength of Hardman, and to have the speed and agility of Quickman. And he's mixed with Ra Moon's technology, which I haven't fully examined. He is supposed to be invincible!"

Rock bit back a response as he avoided an attack. The body of Ra Moon emitted the same ringing that made him feel week several weeks ago. Ra Thor went for a right hook, and he dodged with another attack.

"But I think I know a way to stop Ra Moon! I may have built Ra Thor from Ra Moon's parts, but he can't be linked with it like he did with my robot masters! He must've transferred his entire subconscious into Ra Thor to get him to work! Notice how that golf ball's not glowed once during this? Ra Moon's defenses are down, and one good shot will take him out!" Wily whipped the corner.

"If I get a shot!" Rock said.

As Ra Thor readied himself, several footsteps alerted them to robot masters entering the room. Rock sighed in relief to see Timeman and Oilman, as well as Enker and his team aiming their weapons. Without another word, the Wily bot team rushed ahead and tackled Ra Thor off of him. They briefly collided into a wall as the fight started between them and the alien possessed robot.

"I need you guys to give me all of your weapon abilities and leave me an opening. I plan on using them to overpower my buster and take out Ra Moon." Rock said to Time and Oil.

"Bruh, are you insane?! You'll kill yourself doing that! What about preserving your own life? The 3rd law of robotics?" Oil said. Rock felt the laws of robotics echoing through his processor, trying to find way to override his decision and think of another option.

"I know, but if it's to protect all of you, I'll take the chance. Just promise when I deliver the shoot, you'll pull me out of there?"

Time and Oil glanced at each other and nodded in reluctant agreement. The three robots exchanged handshakes, and Rock's weapon system copied both of their weapons. Timeman spawned a purple arrow in his hand, leaping onto Ra Thor's back in an attempt to strike him. As Oil swept under the black and gold robot's feet, Rock fled to Enker and his pals. Enker didn't say a word as he handed over the staff he'd been overprotecting the entire time, Punk only glared as Rock patted his arm, and Ballade gave a simple high five to pass his ability.

"I WON'T LET YOU-" Before Ra Thor could finished, Ballade rushed up with a harsh blow to the head.

"Do it now Megaman!"

As Rock readied himself, the energy of all the weapon abilities overflowed his blaster. The combined stored energy made him shake in pain. He felt like his arm was about to explode, which he thought was the potential case. His buster cracked and sizzled, the energy flowing out in a blue light. He took a slow breath and closed his eyes.

For you dad. And for you...Roll.

He fired and the energy exploded from his blaster. He slammed into the wall, the resulting impact cracking all his armor and his vision blurring. He caught the moment the condensed energy burst into the spherical body of Ra Moon, and shot through the other end like a spear. Ra Moon, finally back in his own pierced body, screeched in agony and pulsed red and purple. The temple shook as the energy burst through a weak spot in the interior walls, and falling bricks crushed the living wires that were writhing in agony.

"NO NO NO! TH-THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! H-HOW CAN I, RA MOON, BE B-BESTED BY A...A MERE H-HUSK?!? AN IMPERFECT PUPPET OF H-HUMANITY! NOOOO!!

The wires that had Ra Moon suspended snapped, and the giant black orb shattered into millions of broken shards and writhing wires. The walls cracked and fell, the ceiling opening up to reveal cracks of sunlight. Enker shouted something Rock could not hear, and he slowly felt numb. He could no longer move, and he closed his eyes. Time and Oil shouted, but the sounded of crumbling bricks and dust were too much for him to catch their words.

The world was safe.

He felt someone grab him.

Rock felt the sun's rays hit his body, and his core absorbed the energy. His energy returned and he awoke to a scene. What was left of the ruins was now a giant hole filled with mounds of rubble and dust, and the temple ceased to exist. By his side were a badly scratched Timeman and Oilman, both holding his hands protectively.

"Thank god you survived! That was one nasty blast! We thought you actually blew yourself up!" Oil cheered.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Time asked, worry creeping in his voice. Rock took his hand and raised himself to take a better look at the mound.

"Where are the Wily bots? And Doctor Wily?" He asked.

Timeman rubbed his head awkwardly. "After the temple blew up, it seemed whatever Ra Moon did to cause the EMP wave ceased immediately. We all regained our energy very quickly and were able to contact Doctor Light. He's radioing for backup to pick us and the Wi-light robots back to the greenhouse. Doctor Wily said he would try to head closer to the town to give precise coordinates. As for the Wily bots, I don't know where they are. When the temple collapsed, they disappeared into the forest and we haven't heard of them. I think they went back to hiding."

"Yeah, but we'll catch them later! We got to get ya all fixed up. You look like you went to the dump and back." Oil patted Rock on the back. Looking back at the temple one more time, Rock picked up the cracked helmet and followed them down the path.

"Thank you guys for pulling me after the blast." He smiled, only for Time to look at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You...You pulled me out as the temple collapsed. I felt you pick me up." Rock repeated.

"Megaman, we were nowhere near you when that temple collapsed. The Wily's had to pull us out because the entrance almost crushed us. I can only guess that you got blasted out." Time said and lead the trail. Rock only stared in shock as they continued back to safety.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 305 40
The year 20XX. An ordinary kid for as long as he can remember. He's done what everyone else has done, and he felt the same. However, when a new reali...
1.4K 90 21
Battle was not foreign to Firefly. She wasn't from Earth or Cybertron, Firefly was born on a planet called Zenthara, where her father and her we...
116 0 37
The world was once protected by superheroes who fought against the world's worst Villains. For centuries, Earth's history was shaped by the battles b...
116K 3.4K 32
You. The heir to the Decepticon throne. You, one of the most dangerous Decepticons alive. You wish one wasn't true. The other never was. Y...