SuperTeens

By GauriKhandelwal

People have heard of so many heroes, like Superman, The Avengers, etc. Danger is one of them. However, bein... More

Warning
Prologue
1: Maybe Being A Superhero Isn't As Cool As It Seems.
Chapter 2: Superheroes Are Like Robert Paterson Stuck In Twilight.
Chapter 3: Humans By Krewella Was Actually Written For Superheroes.
Chapter 4:I Bet Superheroes Could Do Drama Better Than Gossip Girl
Chapter 5: Even Super Heroes Get Punishments.
Chapter 6: Superhero Lives Are Like Masterchef.
Chapter 7: Even Superheroes Say Sorry.
Chapter 8: Superheroes Don't Like Jokes Played On Them.
Chapter 9: Superheroes Have An Amazing Sense Of Humour.
Chapter 10: The Superhero Pact Of No Killing.
Chapter 12: Superheroes Do Not Have Moments.
Chapter 13: Superheroes Go To The Gym A Lot.
Chapter 14- Part 1: All's Fair in Love, War And Superheroes.
Chapter 14- part 2: All's Fair In Love, War And Superheroes
Chapter 15: Superhero Book Of Guidelines
Chapter 16: Superheroes Have To Listen To Their Parents Too.
Chapter 17: Superheroes Hate Responsibilities.
Chapter-18: Superheroes Are Those Children Who Laugh Crazily For No Reason.
Chapter-19: The Reason Why Superheroes Don't Have Friends.
Chapter-20: Superheroes Always Loose Their Gwen Stefanies.
Chapter- 21: Superheroes Never Find Their Augustus Waters.
Chapter-22: What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger.
Chapter 23: Superheroes Also Need A Break Just Like One Direction
Chapter 24: Superheroes Lives Are Like The Trailer Of TVD Season-7.
Chapter 25:Superfights Be like Justib Beiber Vs. One Direction
Chapter-26: Superheroes Have their Prim Everdeens too.
Chapter-27: Superhero? More like The Vampire Diaries
Chapter-28: Star Wars Drama Is Nothing Compared To Superheroes.
Chapter-29: Jaws Is Basically Based On Superheroes And Normal People.
Chapter 30: The End.
Epilogue

Chapter 11: Superheroes Don't Have Time For Homework.

2.2K 132 35
By GauriKhandelwal

Dedications:-
1. @Bookish_fangirl for making me my new awesome cover! Girl you Rock! Thank you so so so much!
2. @Bookish_fangirl, @MannatBhalla, @kadambari_katoch, @DarkHope572 and lastly @lumosnox49
Thank you guys so much!
___________________________________________
When I woke up in the morning, it felt like the day was more brighter, the sky was more bluer and life was more vibrant. I literally sang as I skipped with Liam to our class. I was going to miss the gym today, and buy a car instead. A CAR. I could scream with joy.

As I twirled before entering the class, Liam shook his head at my antics and gave a laugh. Everyone had been giving me strange looks, not used to the person who hit bullies as a daily exercise skipping to her class and even going to the extent of hugging every other person. I didn't care. I couldn't wait for lunch to meet Melody and Chad and tell them. However, I had a bigger problem at the moment.
____________________________________________________
"What do you mean you were not able to do your homework, Ms. Derave?" Mrs. Kapoor questioned, glaring at me.

Hah! She didn't know that she was talking to the queen of liars! I was the biggest expert in lying, I swear.

I smiled at her, but saw no mercy in her eyes. My smile faltered a bit.
"I'm waiting, Ms. Derave.."
"Yes ma'am, the reason why I didn't do my work is," I took a deep breath, trying not to think about those unmerciful eyes before blurting out, "Jacob didn't do it as well!"

It isn't my fault. I mean, it is hard to lie to a teacher! They stare into your soul and break it down piece by piece until you just have to say the truth. I swear to god, teachers have this special power. Not even expert liars can bypass a teacher. Not even them. I've always said that the police would be better off by hiring teachers to make criminals speak the truth.

"Thanks a lot Derave," Jacob groaned from the other side. Liam tugged at my shirt a bit, probably wanting to know how the hell I knew that Jacob also hadn't done his work. I ignored him.

"Stand up Mr. Farret! So have you done your homework?"
"Uh, I was out to visit my sick grandmother yesterday?" Jacob asked, his answer feeling more like question.
"Really Mr. Farret?" Mrs. Kapoor stared at him, but it felt more like she was glaring into his soul and breaking it piece by piece. Poor Jacob, I wanted to shake my head in pity.
"Paul didn't do it either!" Jacob blurted out. Paul sighed as he stood up. He cracked his knuckles. What a badass.

Yeah, and pigs can fly.

I snorted before I could help myself. Everyone was too busy watching the showdown between Paul and Mrs. Kapoor to notice and I thanked my lucky stars. Only Jacob shook his head at my stupidity, but who cares about him?
"Nothing new, Mr. Meyers. I should have expected this. I don't think that you actually deserve to sit in this class-"
" I've been meaning to ask you a question Mrs. Kapoor," he said solemnly, interrupting her in mid-sentence.

"Is that so? Well, you may proceed with your question if it is related to the topic we are studying," Mrs. Kapoor said in surprise.

"Yes, it is related. We study about psychology in a psychological class, do we not? Well ma'am, homework brings stress in a student's life. We, as modern teenagers are already filled with a lot of stress, what with all the pressure from our peers, trying to reach our parent's expectations, living up to the society's expectations, and studying for school tests. When we add homework to this already stress filled life, it brings us to several problems. Why do so many students have drinking or drug problems? Homework! Why do so many students get depressed? Homework! And there are many more such problems. We, as psychology students, should try to abolish this horrendous, horrendous crime instead of allowing it to ruin the lives of so many students, who crack under pressure. We must take the first step and start the protest!" And with this passionate speech, Paul climbed the table and shouted, "No more homework!"

There was silence for a few seconds before applause began. I clapped fervently as well, getting into the true spirit of rebellion.
"Silence!" Mrs. Kapoor angrily rapped the table with her duster before continuing, "Those who take Mr. Meyers side may stay with him for detention in break."

All clapping subsided. Even Jacob began to stare out of the window as Paul looked at him for support.
"Well then, let's continue with the class," Mrs. Kapoor said briskly, forgetting all about me and Jacob.
Paul however indignantly started speaking, "Mrs. Kapoor? Farre-"
"I have a question," Jacob said, waving his hand wildly into the air.
As Mrs. Kapoor turned towards him, Jacob realised that he would actually have to say something. He panicked and said, "uh, I don't hear what you just said?"
Mrs Kapoor snapped at him, "I do not have time for such silly questions. Please refrain from asking such questions in the future, Mr. Farret."
Paul again started, "But Dera-"

Now it was my turn to stop him, "The air coming from the window is too hot! Someone please close the windows!"
Mrs. Kapoor turned towards me and looked at me strangely. She said, "The windows are already closed, Ms. Derave."
Everyone snickered, knowing the exact reason why I had said this stupid excuse. As Mrs. Kapoor turned towards the board, Paul tried to speak again, but Jacob covered his mouth with his hand. A muffled sound came. Jacob gave me a glance filled with urgency, asking me to make an excuse and make sure the teacher didn't notice them for a while.

Mrs. Kapoor turned once again to find out the source of the muffled sound coming as Paul tried to speak and Jacob punched him. So I did the only thing I could think of. I screamed.

"What is this nonsense?" Mrs. Kapoor sharply turned and looked at me angrily.
I looked at Liam, hoping that he would understand and began to moan loudly, holding my head.
"Mrs. Kapoor, I think her migraine has started again!" Liam said, trying to act a panicked expression. Some people muffled their laughter at the back, knowing that this was a lie while some were looking at Paul and laughing. High schoolers sure are idiots.

Mrs. Kapoor stared at me with a worried expression, and said to Liam, "Take her to the nurse, Mr. Sadler."
Okay, I did not want to go to the nurse. My higher-than-normal-human-body temperature was a reason due to which I never went to the nurse. In fact, I didn't even know who the school nurse was. I peeked from the corner of my eye. I was hoping that Jacob had finished silencing Paul. I found a very satisfied looking Jacob whistling softly as he looked out of the window and a battered and bruised Paul, who was now silent. He looked pretty disgruntled though, but as they say, all's fair in love and war.

I quickly sat up and said, "It was nothing Mrs. Kapoor. I just felt as if my head hurt real bad, but now it's peachy." I gave her a wide smile. She huffed, clearly believing that something was wrong, but not knowing what was. She started with her work suspiciously as a note flew in front of me.

This was fun, Derave. But this does not mean that I'm not going to have revenge later... partner.

I smiled as I wrote back,
Expected nothing less from a worthy opponent... partner.
___________________________________________________________
"I'm getting a car!" I screamed as soon as I saw Melody at lunch. She was standing right outside the cafeteria, waiting for Liam, me and Chad.
"Oh God, I love you!" She screamed as she ran and jumped into my arms, on top of me. I staggered a bit, almost falling. Luckily, I was able to manage. I twirled us round and round, laughing like hell, until I fell down. We both giggled like a couple of crazy people until Melody stood up and pulled me up as well. From the corner of my eye, I saw Zed.

Oh God. He must think I'm crazy now. Ah well, he must have figured that out by now anyway.

"Hey Rose," he grinned at me, a bit of blush making its way on his face. He is too sweet, I swear to God.
"Hey Zed," I looked towards the ground, blush making its way on my face too. What? I can't help it, he looked really cute. And did you see the way he smiled at me and said hey? So damn ho-
"Hi lovebirds!" Chad said brightly, wrapping a hand around my waist, and shaking me awake from my thoughts. I lightly slapped him and Zed gave a nervous laugh.
"Hi Chad," Zed and I said simontaneously, and voila, our blush was there again.

"Aww, will you look at that?" Chad cooed. Then he turned towards Zed and said, "Do you mind if I steal her for a second? Thanks bro. We'll meet you at the table."
Zed nodded, looked at me for a second and went on his way to our table. I swear his look was so intense and engaging, I almost couldn't have looked away. Gah, I really really liked him.

I wish I was allowed to date non-superheroes. This is really wrong, I mean Zed has proposed twice and each time I've said no! Confusion better sign those papers agreeing that I am responsible enough to date a normie, or I will kill him.

I turned towards Chad, a bit confused, not knowing why he wanted to talk to me or where his girlfriend was.

"Where's Laila, Chad?"
"Oh, she's out with her parents today, her grandparents are coming today. Leave her alone now, I wanted to ask you somethin-"
"Oye, you guys coming or not?" Liam yelled, coming towards us.
"Yeah yeah, we're coming," Chad yelled back. He turned towards me and said, "Call me today, ok? As soon as you get time, call me."
"I will," I promised him, now really confused.

Something strange was sure going on with Chad. Something very, very strange. I had to remember to call him.
_____________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 427 35
[COMPLETED] ••Reached #1 in adventure on 04/07/2019•• ••Reached #2 in hero on 05/16/2019•• ••Reached #3 in fiction on 05/20/2019•• Arlo Sanders wakes...
51.8K 2.8K 24
Every city has its claim to fame and for the city of Cytropolis it's their superheroes. But unlike the cities of Gotham and Central City, this isn't...
160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
1K 55 70
**Now 3 books in 1!** *Super Jerk (✔️): Sarah Campbell moves from her hometown to St. Louis, where she meets Blue Bolt, the town's flagship super and...