π—¨π—‘π—˜π—«π—£π—˜π—–π—§π—˜π—— ━ Golden...

By awsomblossom

ADHARA, the second brightest star in the Canis Major constellation, right after sirius. It was as if her fa... More

𝗨 𝗑 π—˜ 𝗫 𝗣 π—˜ 𝗖 𝗧 π—˜ 𝗗
π–Ž. THE BASTARD OF HOUSE BLACK
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
π–Žπ–Ž. OF HOUSES AND HEIRS
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
━chapter 5
━chapter 6
━chapter 7
━chapter 8
━chapter 9
━chapter 10
π–Žπ–Žπ–Ž. PAINT ME AS A VILLAIN
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
━chapter 5
━chapter 6
━chapter 7
━chapter 8
━chapter 9
━chapter 10
━chapter 11
━chapter 12
━chapter 13
━chapter 14
━chapter 15
π–Žπ–›. TWO SIDES, ONE COIN
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
━chapter 5
━chapter 6
━chapter 7
━chapter 8
━chapter 9
━chapter 10
━chapter 12
━chapter 13
━chapter 14
━chapter 15
━chapter 16
━chapter 17
━chapter 18
━chapter 19
━chapter 20

━chapter 11

1.1K 49 28
By awsomblossom

Chapter 11
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

ADHARA STRAIGHTENED HER TIE, PULLING IT AROUND HER NECK TO ENSURE IT LOOKED PERFECT. She looked at herself in the mirror, turning her head once to the right and then to the left to get a better look.

Sirius had told her she looked like her father, but Adhara wondered what the man was talking about.

She leaned in closer, hands tugging her cheeks. Her skin was darker, perhaps not as much as Harry's, but definitely more than Sirius'. And if there was one thing to know about the Blacks, it was that they were as white as a sheet. One look at Sirius, Draco, and even Narcissa Malfoy proved that. Adhara had no doubt that Regulus Black was pale, too.

The Blacks also have grey eyes. They stared at you with those silver beads, surveying you head to toe, and you would never be able to tell whether they found you uninteresting or not. Adhara had the gaze down, but her eyes were not grey. They were black, just as dark as her hair, which might be the only thing she had in common with her father.

She scrunched her nose, using a finger to squish the front. Draco had a small nose, Adhara noticed. She couldn't remember what Sirius' one looked like at the moment, but she was certain it was similar to Draco's.

Adhara's didn't look like that. Her nose was not small. She could hold it between her index and thumb, and half would still poke out. It was hooked, almost like Snape's but not quite. And if she turned her head, people would definitely see the outline of the bump on her bridge.

Adhara took a step back and noticed the frown on her face.

Sirius was wrong. She did not look like Regulus Black. If anything, Adhara thought she might resemble her mother. Adhara may never have seen her, but she definitely did not look like her father, so who else would it be?

Which was unfortunate, really. Because if her father's letters proved anything at all, it was that he actually wanted her. Nadia did not.

━━━━

The Ravenclaw Common Room was nothing like Harry had expected it to look, which was to say it was exactly how it was supposed to look.

Enchanting, strange, and very blue. There were bulky bookshelves that grew in size when a new book was added; there were large arching windows that let in the bright sunlight during the day and the glow of the moonlight during the night. A mobile system of planets hung down from the ceiling, with glowing orbs that floated soundlessly in between.

His friends were mesmerized by the sight when they first stepped foot inside. Though Ginny and her other friend — the Hufflepuff — looked already used to it all, Luna took her time to rant about which stars each orb was to Harry's group. Whereas Hermione and Millie seemed entirely drawn in, listening to the cheerful raven intently, Ron not so much.

They were near the couches, the girls on the floor, and Ron was supposed to be on the sofa. Yet, he preoccupied himself with exploring the tower instead, leaving the space next to Adhara vacant.

The Slytherin girl was quiet, which to the normal eye would seem completely ordinary. Undoubtedly, Adhara was always quiet.

But Harry knew better.

He sat on the sofa across from her with Ginny and the Hufflepuff. Carefully, Harry watched Adhara.

Her face was blank, as usual. No peep, no squeak, she blinked at the three girls on the floor almost lazily. Her thick eyebrows laid relaxed, and the scar on her chin didn't stretch.

By all means, Adhara looked very laid back. Almost as though she was forcing it.

But if Harry learned anything about her sister, it was that if one really wanted to know how Adhara was truly feeling, one should not look at her face. Rather, they should pay attention to her hands.

And lo and behold, Adhara was clenching her hands. One of her gloves was off, revealing her bandages, and from the distant look in her eye, Harry reckoned Adhara hadn't noticed she had taken it off.

Adhara flexed her fingers, squeezing them into a fist. The bandages wrapped around each finger tightened until Harry could see the bit of skin seeping through turn paler.

Harry wanted to know how that felt. He wanted to understand why Adhara did that. He squeezed his own hand into a fist, clenching his fingers so tightly that the blood slowly stopped flowing, until he couldn't feel his hand anymore.

He let out a puff of air.

Before Adhara's nails could pierce through the wrapping and then her skin, Harry abruptly got up. The sudden movement garnered Ginny's attention, but Harry ignored her as he took up the empty spot next to his sister.

The action broke Adhara out of her daze as she eyed Harry warily. Instead of giving her any explanation, he simply took Adhara's hand in his. She tried to pull back, but Harry didn't budge, holding on tightly.

After a while, Harry felt Adhara's hand finally relax.

━━━

That night, as everyone returned to their respective common rooms, Adhara couldn't help it. She held Harry back to ask him some questions.

"Why are you angry with me?"

Harry looked taken aback. "What? I'm not angry?"

"Why aren't you talking to me then?"

"Adhara, you're the one who has been avoiding me."

Suddenly feeling flustered, Adhara looked away. "I am not."

"You literally are. Y — you leave the room when you see me, you've been eating at different tables. You have been ignoring me, Adz. You ignored me all summer..."

Something churned in Adhara's stomach, but she couldn't place what it was. "You're the one who stopped writing."

Harry scoffed, smiling sadly. "Yes. Because you never wrote back."

Adhara didn't know how to counter that statement.

━━━━

Sirius and Remus both wrote to her, and Adhara spent another month wondering how she should respond. The month of October passed by in a blur, and with it, so did almost all her classes.

Except for Defence Against the Dark Arts, which stood out amongst her other classes. Mad Eye Moody was competent, Adhara will give him that. The man knew what he was talking about, and he knew how the real world worked.

Though, she questioned if he knew how to teach. Or, at least, if he was supposed to teach what he is.

When the professor first mentioned teaching about the Unforgivables in their first lesson, Adhara thought it sounded like a good idea. But now, as she watched Millicent under imperio, as the ex-auror forced her friend to unravel the tape of her walkman, Adhara knew it definitely wasn't.

━━━━

Harry stood frozen in his spot. He watched as Millicent pressed her faces on Hermione's shoulder, listening to her quiet cries. Adhara ran her hand down the pink-haired girl's back, soothing her.

He didn't hear what happened from the girls. Quiet mutters travelled between the students until the words reached Harry's ears by themselves.

Ron and he didn't waste a second before running towards Myrtle's bathroom, where they knew the girls frequently met up.

Harry's throat felt tight, his jaw tensing at the sight. Something bubbled in his chest, Harry felt like he needed to scream.

Adhara turned abruptly towards him, her eyes fierce.

Harry answered her with a nod. He had a letter to write.

━━━━

There was a new poster on the notice board of Hogwarts. Shrilling sounds were heard from students who took in the news, excited about the new event. Curious glances were exchanged, and new gossip spread around the school, as a wave of commotion spread along with it.

In elegant and cursive writing, the notice informed them of long expected guests.

Ron sniffed, feeling anxious. "Something is spurring up. I can just feel it."

Durmstrang and Beaubatons were arriving at Hogwarts.

Harry shrugged, barely paying any mind to his friend's odd claim. He was more happy about having to end Potions earlier that Friday.

━━━━

The fire fluttered from within the goblet, glowing an unusual midnight blue. Fires were usually bright, filling up rooms with light and relief. This one, however, allowed the Great Hall to bask in such darkness, not unlike a full moon on a chilling night.

Harry watched the goblet with intent, unable to shake off his curiosity. He watched it flicker and howl a warning with every name that was placed in it. He was only glad it wasn't his name that was put into the goblet.

"Eternal glory, it would be brilliant, wouldn't it?" mused Ron. "Three years from now, when we're old, it could be us who were chosen."

Harry scoffed. "Yeah, I rather you than me."

The arrival of their unexpected guests brought just as much excitement as was expected. Though, the declaration of the Tri-Wizard Competition surpassed the initial thrill. The announcement of the Yule Ball even more so.

Harry released a breath of relief, grateful that he was finally out of the spotlight.

He joined in with the crowd, eagerly watching the Weasley Twins ignore Hermione's warnings as they jumped over Dumbledore's spell.

━━━

Students from three different schools joined together to laugh at the Devil Twins as they brawled. Instead of joining in on the fuss, Adhara took the opportunity to march up to two boys clad in green and silver.

Flint and Montague tried to ignore her even though she was very obviously climbing over the benches to talk to them. Determined, Adhara forced herself into a spot between both boys, leaving them no choice but to listen to her.

She heard Flint groan as he rolled his eyes.

"What is it now, Black? Can't even let us enjoy the Gryffindors ridicule themselves in peace?"

Adhara ran her hands over her uniform, getting comfortable. "Believe me, they're actually enjoying themselves more than you are."

With one last exhale, Adhara stared down at the boys. Montague looked at her with a scowl, clearly unhappy to see her.

Adhara matched his expression. "We need to talk about next year's Quidditch team."

Flint snorted, laughing suddenly. Confused, Adhara looked in his direction only to see him put up both of his hands.

"Don't look at me, I'm not here next year." He pointed a finger towards Montagne with an amused smile on his lips. "You're going to be his problem now."

Adhara arched a brow as Montague scoffed.

"What makes you think I'll actually keep her on the team?"

"You will if you want a chance at getting the cup," Adhara threw back.

Montague glared at her.

"Otherwise, you'd be stuck with Pucey again, and we all know I'd outfly him with a Shooting Star even if he was on a Firebolt."

Montague looked as though his eye was twitching. He turned to the previous Slytherin captain for help, but Flint only laughed at his face.

"Don't look at me! I don't have to deal with her anymore!"

If possible, Montague's scowl deepened. He looked up at the ceiling, blowing out a slow breath. "Alright then, Black. What exactly did you want to discuss?"

Flint remained amused. He crossed his arms, raising a brow at Montague's sudden acquiescence, but the sixth year simply glared at him.

"Flint's leaving this year," Adhara threw a nasty look towards the boy, as though disgusted by his betrayal.

"Oi!" He glanced between both of his teammates. "Not my fault I'm graduating."

Adhara rolled her eyes. "...anyway. He's leaving, which puts us," she flicked a finger between Montague and her, "in a difficult spot. We need to choose someone to complete the chaser trio."

As much as either of the three hated to admit it, they couldn't deny that they worked well as a team. With Flint graduating, Montague and Adhara will need to find a player who could keep up with them.

Montague understood that. His eyes flickered around the Great Hall, serious.

"Pucey is already out of the question, I hope you—."

Montague raised a hand, preventing Adhara from speaking any further. He studied everyone in the room.

Adhara exchanged a glance with Flint.

Finally, Montague stopped. He smiled slowly as he looked back at his teammates. "Warrington," he declared.

Adhara tsked. "No. He's still pissed I beat at the tryouts last year."

"Maybe that anger will motivate him."

Adhara was not happy with the choice. She knew what the girls at the dormitory spoke of him. "He's a sexist arsehole."

"What's that got to do with his quidditch skills?"

"Nothing. But if you think we would go through one practice peacefully if there's someone to antagonize me, then you're wrong."

Hopefully, Montague still remembered that one time Adhara flung Derrick's own bat at his head for asking her if she was on her period.

From the way he suddenly winced, Adhara assumed he did. She smirked.

"Well, what other choice do we have? No one else's willing to try out for chaser."

And by that, Montague meant that he couldn't think of anyone else who had the potential to match their energy. People normally tended to assume that, in a quidditch team, the beaters had to work well together for the team to be good. Though that was true, a good team also had to have a good chaser trio.

Sighing, Adhara scanned the Great Hall. The scuffle between the Weasleys was finally over, the student body returned to normal.

Adhara looked at each and every one of their faces attentively. She waved Millicent off when their eyes met, only for her gaze to land on the lone raven head behind the girl.

Astoria Greengrass sat by herself, quietly reading a book much like Adhara's Gryffindor friend. The third-year girl looked as prim and poised as ever, only looking up to glare at anyone who dared to raise their voice.

She remembered their meeting during the trial.

Adhara smiled. "I'll find someone. Preferably a girl, this time." She kept her eyes on the younger Greengrass.

"A girl?"

"Yes, a girl. Salazar himself wouldn't understand what it is like to be the only girl in a team full of boys."

"That's because pureblood girls don't try out for quidditch."

Adhara glanced back towards her future captain. "That's awfully prejudiced towards your own House."

Montagne gave her a look.

"Not everyone here is from a rich pureblood family. You are aware of the muggleborns at least, right?"

He rolled his eyes. "My point still stands."

"Your point is still sexist. Shall I remind you about Derrick? Or maybe you would like to talk to my friend Millicent?"

Montague shifted his weight from one leg to the other. "They care too much about the state of their pristine manicure."

"Then I'll teach her to throw a quaffle whilst still keeping her nails intact."

"That's not possible."

Adhara scoffed. "You clearly haven't spent enough time around them."

Beside her, Flint was trying his best not to laugh at the offended look on Montague's face.

━━━

As Adhara left, Montague turned to Flint, still scowling. "What are you laughing about?"

Flint shook his head, wiping off a nonexistent tear from his eye. "You know, it is truly unfortunate that I won't be here next year. Watching the both of you quarrel really is entertaining, especially when one doesn't have to be in charge of you two."

Montague groaned, resting his head back on the bench behind him. "Are all girls like her?"

Flint shrugged. "Beats me. I prefer boys."

"No, you prefer Wood's arse."

"Oi!"

━━━━

Ron grabbed Hermione's arm, pulling her back as the rest of Gryffindor house walked up towards their dorms.

"Don't you think we should keep an eye on him?"

Hermione's brows scrunched. "Who?"

"Harry!" he whisper-yelled.

"Why?"

"There's a deadly tournament going on, 'Ermione! And with how things have turned out the previous years—"

Rolling her eyes, Hermione said, "Don't worry about it. You saw what happened to your brothers. With Dumbledore's age spell, Harry wouldn't be able to put his name even if he wanted to."

She tried to walk away, only to turn back around swiftly, pointing her index towards her tall friend. "Which he doesn't, by the way."

Ron huffed. "I didn't mean him. It's just that, with Harry's track record, anything could happen!"

Hermione sighed. "Ronald—"

"I just have a bad feeling about this year, 'Mione!"

"I'm certain it's just the three servings of mashed potatoes you had at dinner."

━━━━

In his private Chambers, Alastor Moody kneeled down in front of the fireplace, bowing his head at the fire.

"Yes, my Lord," he rasped out before the fire extinguished itself.

With a grunt, the man pulled himself up. He limped towards the table in his dimly lit bedroom. Leaning on his cane as always, he snatched a bag in his hand.

Slowly, he cast an eerie look towards the chest at the foot of his bed, his prosthetic eye turning faster than his real one. With a ghastly grin taking over his expression, he walked towards it.

"Dinner is served, dear Auror."

━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

A/N y'all I changed the chapter count again....when I originally planned this year out, there were 12 chapters, and now that are 17.

oops?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 2.3K 25
❝𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐬𝐒𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬?❞ -𝒓.𝒂.𝒃. ➝ In a world of shadows and secrets π™π™€π™­π™–π™£π™£π™š...
108K 4.2K 39
[Book 1] ❝ π“π‘πž 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐨 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐞π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐭. ❞ Serena grew up well sheltered in a Muggle suburb with her mother...
16.3K 239 27
Right from the start, Harry Potter and Annabelle Potter were separated. They never knew they were siblings. They both never knew they had any family...
681K 14.3K 126
Dumbledores adoptive daughter has lived at Hogwarts since she was five years old , what happened when her life becomes intertwined with the boy who l...