Loving Him ✔

By taniipartner_xx

"Love is treachery. Love is pain. Yet, love is freedom, yet love is togetherness.." Aurora Herondale. A rathe... More

⚜Author's Note⚜
⚜Prologue⚜
⚜CAST⚜
⚜Character Aesthetics⚜
⚜Chapter 1⚜
⚜Chapter 2⚜
⚜Chapter 3⚜
⚜Chapter 4⚜
⚜Chapter 5⚜
⚜Chapter 6⚜
⚜Chapter 7⚜
⚜Chapter 8⚜
⚜Chapter 9⚜
⚜Chapter 10⚜
⚜Chapter 11⚜
⚜Chapter 12⚜
⚜Chapter 13⚜
⚜Chapter 14⚜
⚜Chapter 15⚜
⚜Chapter 16⚜
⚜Chapter 17⚜
⚜Chapter 18⚜
⚜Chapter 19⚜
⚜Chapter 20⚜
⚜Chapter 22⚜
⚜Chapter 23⚜
⚜Chapter 24⚜
⚜Chapter 25⚜
⚜Chapter 26⚜
⚜Chapter 27⚜
⚜Chapter 28⚜
⚜Chapter 29⚜
⚜Chapter 30⚜

⚜Chapter 21⚜

1K 48 5
By taniipartner_xx

𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆. 

𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒖𝒍, 

𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅.

 ~ 𝑫𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒏 𝑺𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆, 𝑻𝑽𝑫

AURORA KINGSTON LANDS IN JAIL!!

Aurora Kingston, the wife of billionaire Felix Kingston, has landed herself in trouble or, more specifically, in JAIL. The missus was exiting club POISON late at midnight in handcuffs accompanied by some of her friends. We have tried reaching her for a comment but, she remains unavailable.

FUCK!

Here I am, trying to keep this one out of trouble, and then she does this.

As soon as the person on the side picks up the phone, "What the hell happened last night, Peter?" I question with a stern voice.

"It was a misunderstanding with the cops. Nothing major. She got out two hours later."

"Tell me, why the fuck am I getting to know about this now?"

I don't want to deal with this shit at 9 in the fucking morning. I had other things that needed my attention.

"I didn't think it was important, sir." He tries his best to keep his voice stable but, I can still detect the fear in his words.

Good, he should be scared of me. Even though he was my most trusted man, he still feared me because he knew that if he fucked up this time, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot him right between the eyes. There are two things that I despised, liars and second chances.

People feared me, and if they didn't then, I made sure that they did. Fear is a strong emotion when used in the right way. You'd be surprised if you knew the things people have done out of fear for me. I was as heartless and cruel as they came. I killed without hesitation and remorse. You have to be that way when you belong to the Mafia.

Pinching the bridge of my nose with my hand, I do my best to keep my anger in check and not lash out.

"Peter, you don't think, okay? That's my job. Everything related to her, I need to know. She is of utmost importance to me. I need Aurora Kingston to be safe at all times."

"Yes, sir. I understand."

"Good. Now, where is Aurora at the moment?"

Just as I park my car, I see Aurora entering the park. I didn't think I'll be meeting her this early. Oh, well, things don't always go according to plan. She was sitting on a bench, her back towards me, so she didn't see me come behind her. She jumped a little in her seat when I spoke and turned around to face me.

My, my, Felix chose well.

She was beautiful. She was still in last night's clothes but, her hair was now tied up in a messy bun.

Her eyes looked slightly swollen and, her nose a little red.

Leave it to Felix to make his wife cry. I snickered at my thought.

Just as how I was checking her out, she did the same to me. Though, she wasn't very good at hiding it like I was.

She didn't know me. Good, it was a huge risk coming here when I had no idea if she knew anything about me or not. Felix didn't tell her anything then. Things would have been a little difficult if she knew anything about me.

I won't lie. Talking to Aurora was refreshing. This one was different, and knowing the idiot Felix is, he hadn't realized it yet.

"You really love him, don't you?" I asked her even though I knew her answer. Of course, she loved him. The way her eyes softened when she spoke of him said it all. I know that look because I used to have that same look for someone. Someone I loved with all my body and soul but, love isn't for me. No, all I get is this anger, frustration, and hate.

"I don't want to fall in love. It's painful and pointless." I sneered at the idea of love when she asked me if I loved anyone. Love and I don't go in the same sentence anymore.

"What? How could you not want to fall in love?"

"It's quite simple, really." I said, shrugging my shoulders before continuing, "I don't want my happiness to depend on whether a person gives me their attention or not. I don't want to stay up late at night wondering whether they are thinking about me. I don't want to cry over someone who may not care. But most importantly, I don't want to give anyone the power to destroy me."

I meant every word I said. I had been in Aurora's place, and it fucked me up. Love was not for me. She made sure of that. Yet, I still have a soft spot for her. A tiny part of me still loves her, longs to hold her, kiss her. After all, she is one of the reasons I came back to New York.

As much as I felt the need to keep Aurora safe, that feeling was more primal for the girl I loved. She was just as much in danger as Aurora, if not more.

Twisting my wrist, I check the time. I need to leave now. Enough of chit-chatting for the day. Bidding her goodbye, I was beginning to leave when I heard her shout, "You didn't tell me your name!"

I almost laughed at her panicked voice. If there is anything that I know for sure, it's the fact that she is innocent as fuck and isn't good at reading her surroundings at all or, she would have known that she is being followed for a month now.

"A little mystery is always good." I smirked.

If everything goes according to my plan, then all will be revealed in due time. I hope nothing fucks this up.

Clearly I spoke too soon. When I got back home, the front door was open. What the fuck? No one knew I was staying here except Peter and a few of my other men. Fuck me for not carrying a gun today of all days. Entering inside, I find the living room empty and the kitchen as well. It's either my bedroom or office then, I thought. Deciding that the latter is more liable, I make my way upstairs.

I was right. Opening the door, I see someone sitting in my chair behind the table, their back towards me. "I hope you're enjoying the view. It's even more beautiful during the night." I said. If this man thinks he can intimidate me by breaking into my house, then he's got another thing coming.

Folding my hands against my chest, I smirked, "Too scared to show your face?"

My smirk dropped as soon as he swivelled the chair to face me.

NO

FUCK

NO

"I should be the one asking you that." He says, propping his legs on my table as if he owns it. This was not a part of the plan. Fuck, he shouldn't even know that I was here. Getting up, he moves towards the whiskey cabinet, picking out a bottle, he pours it into a glass and offers it to me. A smirk adorning his face as he speaks,

"It has been a long time, Rhys."

A/N

Don't tell me you guys forgot about my boy Rhys! A lil unexpected POV but like I said before, buckle up because things are about to get interesting!

For anyone who is confused, this chapter is a flashback to when Rhys met Aurora for the first time during chapter 9. This chapter is from Rhys' pov so, now you know a little about his nature. How do we feel about him? Good guy or bad guy? Also, who do you think just visited him? Let me know in the comments!!

We are almost touching 7K reads with 2.16K votes! I cannot be more grateful to you guys! We are ranked #5 on onsidedlove! Thank you so much for all your support, I appreciate each one of you! Hope you enjoy today's chapter! Please do vote and comment!

xoxo

Tanya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132 40 16
Experiencing the pain of loosing a loved one, makes our lead Alice, to shut herself off from everyone. A cute and lively girl Cea, enters her life, b...
3.8K 499 12
Bound by the memories of the past, Clara Copper harbored a deep-seated aspiration to become a famous fashion designer and own a grand boutique. Howev...
3.7K 83 22
Three words to describe Arielle Gregor. Imperfect, clumsy, and crazy. A girl who can never walk past a place without her action causing a crackle. Wh...
1M 35.9K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...