Remnants Light: A forgotten G...

By corkykong

In the land of Remnant; Many tales are told and even more are forgotten. Some about hunters, and their glory... More

character info
Chapter 1: goodbye home... hello new world
Chapter 2: New Me, New Friends?
Chapter 3: two sides of the coin
Chapter 4: A Sweet Treat
Chapter 5: A New Tower
chapter 6: A Right of Proving
Chapter 7: Study Up Guardian
sorry about that, but here's a choice
chapter 8: lights in the dark
chapter 9: A New Path
An Audience with the queen (author and Salem)
chapter 10: An Inviting Message
chapter 11: Subway Madness
chapter 12: A Kinder Evil
chapter 13: A Dark Past Can Make Good Story
school is a thing btw, but here's another choice
Chapter 14: The Bull's Horns or The Fox's Curse
Chapter 15: Even Heros Have Curses
...
It's Choice Time!!!! also say hi!
Chapter 17: A Chat Between Immortals
Chapter 18: A Fox's Treat (short tease BTW)
Chapter 18: You Are Combat Ready
an Audience with the queen(part two)
Chapter 19: A Melted Chocolate Bunny
chapter 20: Soft Ice-cream
Chapter 21: The Queen and Her Bishops
Chapter 22: The Guardian's Challenge
Chapter 23: When Tanks Dance?
Choice Time With Salem
Chapter 24: Trust Falls
Chapter 25: A Hero's Spite
A Message From Your's Truly!!!
chapter 26: Heated Deserts
Chapter 27: Grimm Ambition
Chapter 28: The Game We Play
Grimm Tidings for Christmas! (this chapter is surprisingly important)
Chapter 29: Good Game Guardian
Chapter 30: The Trumpet's solo, and The Blades Bite
CHOICE TIME!!!!(again!)
Chapter 32: Tank a Moment
Chapter 33: A Pawn's Favor
Chapter 34: A Dark Days Blessing
Chapter 35: Cruel Reminders
Chapter 36: War Behind Closed Doors
Chapter 37: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 38: Crashing Tides, and Flying Bullets
Chapter 39 part 1: All of you...Against One of Me
Chapter 39 (part 2): The Taken "Night"
The last choice...
Chapter 40: Gods Fall...(part one)
You Rise
Final Chapter: How A Guardian Was Made...
The 100K Choice...

Chapter 16: A Hunters Trust, A Grimm's Loyalty, And The Titan's hope

2.5K 31 76
By corkykong

Velvet pov

After Tank had passed out in our arms. Me and Neo slowly carried Tank on to his ship before going back for Chip. Though before Neo could pick up Tanks best friend, Chip floated to life before looking at us.

Chip: Velvet-Neo!? What are you guys doing here!? Where's Tank!? How long was I out-

Chip was in a panic after realizing he wasn't near Tank.

Me: we saw everything, it's fine- he's fine too. We just carried him back to your guy's ship.

We watched as Chip let out a sigh before looking at us again.

Chip: thank you... So you know now, right? You know just how much he's been through?

We both nod at him

Chip: I see...*sigh* I can only ask you this then. Please don't hate him, and please don't take anything more away from him... I've seen him lose too much, and watched him suffer through all of it. He doesn't what to lose you too...

We both looked at him before nodding at him.

Chip: thank you. Let's get inside the ship, I can take us back to Beacon.

We all made our way to Tanks ship before finding him being smothered by Grey, Ova, and Hex; in a dog pile, with Tank on the bottom. Me and Neo smiled at the sight before chip went over to the controls.

Chip: hang on tight

The ship then came to life as the engines gave off a low growl. We felt the ship lift off the ground before moving at high speeds towards Beacon.

Chip: it will take us a minute until we get there. You guys get comfortable back there, ok?

Me: thanks Chip

I looked back to Neo and saw that she was already leaning on the dog pile of friendly Grimm on top of Tank. I smiled to myself before going over to the pile myself. I leaned over before eventually laying down next to the pile of love before looking at Neo.

Neo noticed my gaze before looking at me with a confused stare.

Me: hey Neo? I know we both like Tank... You know, like; like like. And he likes us both back...

Neo's confused face turned into an understanding one.

Me: *sigh* how about we both take care of him?... Together

Neo looked at me before giving me a smile. She stuck her hand out to me, and I held it with mine. She nodded at me before we both fell asleep on Tank, and his Grimm.

Time skip

Ruby pov

Class is so borriiinnnngggg!need just got past professor Port's class after he "lectured" us about the time he used his mustache to kill 5 beowolves. Now we where heading to doctor Oobleck's class for history. It was at this point that I was now regretting that we hadn't went with Tank. Though I didn't see Neo or Velvet throughout the entire day.

Once we entered the class, we were immediately greeted by Oobleck having a conversation with professor Ozpin. Yang and I payed no mind to it, but Weiss and Blake had some concerning faces.

We made our way to a couple of seats before sitting down. We all then looked down to see Ozpin leave while Oobleck looked as if he had something in mind for us.

Oobleck: Class! We will now be researching about the white fox faunus!

Blake: what?

Oobleck: since Tank: who is not here as of now; Is, a white fox faunus. I though it might be best to review their legend!

There was a few quite conversations going around amongst the.

Oobleck: who here knows about them?

I watched as Cardin raised his hand.

Cardin: they're a race of idiots since all but one are dead.

The room got quite before Oobleck replied

Oobleck: False! Cardin; you should research about the white foxes, and their contribution to the society we live in today! Now!... Who here knows about the legend of Y/N!?

Me: 'Wait a minute I remember that story. What was it about again?'

I looked over to Blake before I saw her hand go up

Oobleck: Yes Blake?

Blake: Y/N was a white fox faunus who had saved, raised, and helped all of the 4 kingdoms from the ground up. He even ended up fighting and winning the great war for peace while protecting countless others; even though he was the last of his kind.

I clapped for Blake's knowledge of the story, and reminding me of one of the stories that made me want to become a huntress.

Oobleck: precisely! Cardin, you should learn from this- Detention for you!!

The class went on with doctor Oobleck rambling on and on about the white fox faunus' until he changed the subject to why we should learn and explore history. I on the other hand was thinking about the time we all saw Tank then into that...Thing. I also wondered if Tank was Y/N. Though I went back to doodling a silly drawing of professor port.

Salem pov

That was interesting... I've been watching Y/N, and his continued resistance to my influence. But after he did that strange ritual, I felt somewhat connected to him again. I reached out into my dark reach, that was my Grimm before finally feeling Y/N's presence again. He had changed again, it was unnoticeable at first, but he had changed. As if he had a purpose or goal to achieve. Though it mattered not to me. I established a strong connection to him before entering his mind once more. Though to my surprise, I found him siting down on the ground Infront of me. His head was held low as the helmet he had on gave off it's usual glow.

Me: Tank~

He looked up at me slowly which surprised me at first. He was so scared when we first met, now it looked as if he could take on my entire army.

Tank:...Salem

His voice echoed throughout his own mind in a dark manner before standing up to me. I decided to ask him something

Me: what did you do?

Tank: I reminded myself...

He began to gain my interest

Me: oh~, and what might that be abandoned hero

He was silent before he removed his helmet to reveal his true form. His skin was completely black while his eyes held a cold white glow.

Tank: that I have hope...

His eyes glowed a little brighter

Tank: and I have made my decision.

I watched and listen as a white smile blessed his face

Tank: I remember when I was called by Y/N... I don't care if I was a hero in this world originally... for I have made the decision to love, and hope.

I reminisced about his decision before looking back at the painful memories of when I tried to... "Love"

Me: humans, will never understand our struggle...

Tank was silent before. Looking up to me. Though his presence was dark in nature like the Grimm, he held something bright and burning inside of him. My Grimm are made from darkness, and hate... But Y/N- Tank... Was made of darkness, and hope.

Tank: I know. that's why I choose to protect, and love them. In hopes that they will...

I watched as he placed his helmet back on before I could speak again. I decided to give him my advice on the humans

Me: you will suffer... And you will be left with nothing

Tank was silent before looking at me.

Tank: you know...The people who told me that were supposed to be gods... "And They Fell"

I was taken back at his response before I felt him cut our connection, as I was sent back into my own mind. I chuckled at his little challenge.

Me: a darkness that loves... How interesting~... Tyran, call Cinder; we have a small "addition" to our plan. You have a target to bring back here.

I look over to see Tyran doing a small bow

Tyran: yes my queen~

Me: 'this year will truly be interesting.'

Y/N pov
Corky: he's back...!

After chip began his approach to one of the landing pads of Beacon, you started to stir awake. You woke up with a stir of determination before realizing what your situation was. You were still under Ova, Hex, and Grey while Neo and Velvet-

Y/N: wait Velvet!?- Neo!?

You eventually remembered the aftermath of your purging ritual before gaining an embarrassed blush while letting out a shy sigh

Y/N: 'why can't I keep my emotions in check, after those things?'

You looked around and realized you were on your ship and Chip was piloting. Chip looked back towards the pile you were in before noticing that you were awake.

Chip: *whisper* hey Tank!

You give your friend a lazy wave before laying your head back down.

Chip: just what are we gonna do with those two?

You look over to see both Velvet and Neo smiling and holding each other while resting on top of the pile. You smiled to yourself before giving a half effort shrug.

Chip: *chuckle* yeah...*sigh* they saw everything... You know that right

You nod at him

Chip: well on the bright side: no more secrets, right?

You nodded again at him before smiling to your self. You decided to continue being quite about Salem contacting you. You tapped Grey's nose before he woke up and yawned. Grey looked down at you before licking your face. Ova and Hex woke up too before getting off of you. Neo and Velvet then woke up as well; with Neo doing a cute silent yawn, and Velvet doing a cute morning stretch. Once done, everyone had eyes on you

Velvet: u-ummm... Hi Tank.

Neo: *tiny wave*

You smiled at them before reaching over to your helmet and turning on the holo-speech.

Y/N: so... I know that you guys saw...that

The two girls looked guilty Infront of you. They looked down at the ground in shame

Y/N: it's fine... Someone was going to find out eventually. I'm just glad that it was you guys... Though I should ask; do you think differently of me?

Both of the girls looked up at you before reacting to your question. Velvet was stuttering a little while Neo was trying to quickly use sign language, but she was going to fast.

Neo: *sign language* n-no, if anything we feel like we know you a lot better now!

Velvet: I'm with Neo! We don't think differently of you! We just think that you deserve a better life!

Neo: *nods x2*

You let out a silent laugh at their response before giving them your own.

Y/N: thank you... But I don't want a better life...not anymore at least.

Both of the girls looked at you with confused looks. Though Chip chuckled to him self at the up coming cliche line you might say

Y/N: why would I want to leave a life from the people I want to love, and protect?

Velvet blushed before shoving her head into Neo's chest from embarrassment, while Neo looked at you with a gleeful smile. Velvet took a minute before building up the confidence with Neo to respond.

Velvet: how do you know that it's not you that needs to be loved and protected?~

Neo just gave you an devious grin.

Y/N: ' I think I now know what "being a bottom means"'

You had a blush across your face until you felt the ship land.

Chip: ladies and gentleman, we have successfully reached out destination!

You all smiled and laughed before eventually stopping. You let out a sigh before getting into a giant hug from yours truly.

Y/N: thank you guys... You make this world and my life worth it...

You kept hugging them until you decided to let go.

Chip: hey Tank, the ritual healed your vocal cords right?

You nod to him before kneeling to Neo. You put her in a hug with her head over your shoulder. You decided give her a gift before parting ways.

Y/N: *sign language* hey Neo, eyes up

Neo looked at you before doing something she hasn't done in a very long time

Neo: wh-...

Velvet: Neo, your voice!!!

Chip gave you a little nudge before you gave him a smile. Neo was still in shock while Velvet was hugging her like a proud mother. Neo peered over Velvet's shoulder to look at you rubbing your neck at the sudden sensation.

You walked over to the two before enveloping then in a large hug. You looked in the middle to see Velvet holding Neo. Neo looked up to you before saying her first words

Neo: th-thank y-you

You smiled before holding them tighter. Though when the ship doors opened; an angry Glynda was waiting with Ozpin beside her

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 129 20
in the land of remnant, in a place called menagerie there was an ancient legend that no one has yet to confirm to be true. a faunus diety is what the...
58.6K 687 16
The White knight of Ice and the Red knight of flame, are known to be Immortal beings and the strongest huntsmen on Remnant, said to be even stronger...
582 17 4
Remnant, a world which has long known peace. In the shadows, a hidden war wages. Fought between two lovers, who bring their world ever closer to ruin...
6.6K 156 20
With the coming of the Vital Festival and students from other schools coming to Beacon, everyone is under pressure to represent their school. For Y/N...