Always Aaron

Oleh Auroraxxwrites

"Two damaged souls who fell in love at a school meant for fucked up rich kids." Bryce Weston is an uptight s... Lebih Banyak

Introduction
Character Aesthetics + More
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's notes
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Author's notes
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
New books

Chapter 23

5.3K 138 98
Oleh Auroraxxwrites

Please Vote!

|Aaron's POV|

GETTING TO LONDON was the most tiresome trip ever. After a whole lot of whining from the kid I was seated next to I was about ready to be done with this shit.

Unlike Bryce I didn't know what she found so mesmerizing about this place. I mean kudos to those who do but honestly it's just as ordinary as whichever country there is.

Exception of Blue Haven of course. That place is indescribable.

But as I lug my bag with me and holler over a taxi I felt immensely tired. I just wanted to see her face and then sleep.

Getting into the taxi I pulled my stuff with me giving the driver the location.

I didn't bother to have the effort to look out the window. I could imagine Bryce having her face pressed at the window drinking in every sight she could see.

London was a pretty place no doubt. As we entered a neighborhood lined with white brick houses I noted how expensive it could be as well.

But then again Bryce's step-sisters were not known for cutting corners. The car stopped and so did my heart. I was going to meet her. Probably get punched in the face or yelled. Either way it had to be worth it.

"Are you going to get out or what?" The driver grumbled making me frown.

"You want a fucking tip or not? I'm paying you to drive me not talk to me." I retorted getting out and dragging my bag with me. I had packed pretty lightly with just a hand carry knowing I was here for a week or so.

I gazed at the house again before motivating myself and unhinging the top of the small gate and walking up the steps. Every step had my heart racing. I hated it.

I took a deep breath and hovered my finger over the bell before pressing it.

The light hum seeped through the door and I heard shuffling going around. After a few seconds several locks clicked out of place before the door swung open and a pregnant girl furrowed her eyebrows at me. "Are you here to deliver the groceries?"

I arched my eyebrow and calmed the words in my mouth. She was pregnant. "I'm Aaron Mercer."

Her face lit up in recognition and when I thought she would speak to me she shouted excessively behind her shoulder. "Catherine! Get your ass down here!" I tried not to curl my lips in agony so I pressed them together instead. A tall girl grumbled down the steps her cold eyes narrowing at me and her twin.

"What?" She demanded not paying attention to me.

Louis nodded with her eyes trying to keep nonchalant. "It's him." I sighed at the shortage of my name.

"Looks like a him." Catherine roamed her eyes over my body. "You here for a booty call?"

I screwed my face at that. "I'm here to see your step-sister. Bryce Weston?" It was an effort not to say West.

Louis crossed her arms. "It's sister. And sorry to mention she's not here."

My face fell at her words. I gripped my bag harder with a sigh. "Where can I find her?"

"Why are you looking for her?" Catherine inquired flicking her hair over her shoulder. "Didn't you break her heart?"

I winced. "That's why I'm here."

"To break it again?"

"To amend my mistakes." I gritted impatiently. "Is she here or not?"

Catherine studied me for a minute as if trying to find the humor in the situation. Truly they both were getting on my nerves.

Finally she extended the door for me. "Come in." I quickly paid the driver and entered into their abode. It was charming.

I dumped my bag onto the floor and sat on the couch running a hand through my hair as Louis hurried with a cup of water which I was grateful for. "Thank you." I murmured chugging it all down. I hadn't realized how thirsty I was until now.

Catherine sat down opposite to me narrowing her eyes. "Bryce doesn't want to see you. Just so you know."

I clenched my jaw. "I know but it's worth a try."

"For what exactly?" Louis asked calmly.

"I made a stupid mistake and I want to do right on it. Even if that means getting my own self on the line this time." Or more or less getting my own heart broken this time.

"Like the movies." Catherine hummed. "I like Bryce. I don't want her to get hurt especially by a guy who has done nothing but hurt and lie to her. But I want to see her happy." She concluded.

Louis fiddled with her shirt and nodded. "We are on a mission."

I looked at both of them astounded. "Of what exactly?"

"Of getting you both together." Catherine sighed as if she would have expected me to be her brains. "But you have to promise not to get in the wrong this time."

"Promise." I firmly said.

"Good." She sniffed. "You can stay here for now seeming as you don't have a driver or a taxi booked." I frowned at that and nodded.

"Yes." Louis smiled. "The more the merrier."

I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms. "Why are you helping Bryce?"

Catherine looked away as if the question was of no interest to her but Louis spoke up. "She's our sister. She's done a lot for other people but never herself." Was all she said and I nodded. Bryce was amazing that way.

"Where can I find her?" Both of them exchanged alarmed glances before Catherine spoke up.

"She's on a date." What in the fucking hell?

"With who?" I edged my voice straining.

"A guy who asked her out at a café we went to. His name's Ethan." I hated that name. Fucking Ethan. He sounds unattractive already.

But it hurt to know she went on one anyway. I mean we never were anything but... I thought we could have been something. I wasn't going to loose her this time. Not again. I looked up at Louis who bit her lip worried. "Where is she?"

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to win her back." I stated simply. And the conniving grin that painted on Catherine's lips was enough to answer her thoughts.

...

I stood in front of the pub with a scowl. Here? Out of all the places?

I shook my head and straightened my black hoodie looking through the window.

There she was in a red dress looking as sexy as ever her arms strewn against a grinning boy. He looked like he'd won the Olympics or some shit.

But what stubbed me more was when he kissed her. He fucking kissed her and she was kissing him back.

I looked away swallowing. Does she love him?

No love is too far. Maybe she likes him? Finds him attractive? I don't know. I don't fucking know.

But I see her pull away from him as if she was leaving a tangle of vines. Instead she said some things to him and brought him towards a table.

I flexed my hands deciding to enter. With a large breath I flicked my worries away and entered standing next to the bar. The whole place stank of beer and whiskey and sweat. It was a nuisance. All of it.

I saw Bryce smiling tightly at her date and couldn't help but feel a little bit of hope. Maybe she couldn't move on.

She was saying something to dumbass Ethan as I walked towards them. "Do you have your wallet?"

The drunk guy just smiled silly and hiccupped a yes. I suppressed the urge to punch him right there.

Cutting forward I spoke coolly. "I'll pay the bill. My treat for the lovely couple." Bryce's eyes widened as she took me in. She glanced at the door and then me as if she couldn't possibly comprehend how I'd gotten here.

I picked out a few cash I'd converted and handed it to the waiter watching him walk away.

"Aaron." She breathed completely at a loss. It made a smirk drew on my face. "What are you doing here?"

Ethan cupped his face between both hands squishing it ridiculously as he smiled at Bryce. I rolled my eyes and brought my attention back to her. "Well I was here to see you but it seems you're already seeing whatever you call him."

She frowned at my words clenching her jaw. "Fantastic." Indeed so. Bryce looked at Ethan pushing a strand of hair off her shoulder. "Are you alright?" He looked fucking gone to me.

"I want to dance." He mused extending his arm to her. She didn't so much as look as me as she took it and let him lead her to the dance floor.

Okay then. That's how we play.

I watch them with a clenched jaw as Ethan holds her close whispering something in her ear causing a small smile to caress her face as she tried her very hardest not to stare at me.

This song was fucking annoying was what I concluded.

I went through the dance floor pushing a flailing girl off me and made my way to the DJ who was rocking off with a grin.

I pulled down his headset much to his distaste. "I need a favor. Change the song."

He shook his head placing the headset back on one ear and rocking on his heels. "Sorry man. This is my jam."

I licked my lips and pulled out a twenty. "Is this your jam too?" His eyes widened and he too it out of my hand.

"Name the song and this music board is yours." I told him to play something upbeat which would not keep partners in tact. Something that would have them all rocking off away from each other.

I heard the music transition keeping my eyes on Bryce. She furrowed her eyebrows as Ethan pulled away and started jumping up and down.

Watching her I snuck up behind her as she searched for me. Placing my hand on her hips I pulled her flush against my chest hearing her gasp. It sounded fucking wonderful.

Her head tilted back and she stared at me with anger and shock trying to pull away but I kept her firmly in place swaying us slowly and thrusting my hips a little forward for friction. I felt her tense and suck in a breath.

"I came all the way to see you." I whispered against her neck.

"You lied to me." She managed keeping her voice straight but I felt her loosen up as I placed my lips on her pulse feeling her heartbeat accelerate.

"So you used Ethan as rebound?" I asked nipping her skin and trailing my hands on her exposed waist. Her skin felt like fucking silk and it only made me want her more.

"It would be a rebound if we actually were together in the first place. But we weren't." She put out trying to move away again but I kissed her neck.

She groaned at the sensation as my hands roamed her open back trailing through the front of the material. I skimmed my hand across her stomach feeling her breath turn ragged as I trailed lower and then higher to her waist before slipping them back out and hooking her arms behind my neck. She arched her back at me making me smile.

"We could be." I answered her question in a husky tone. "I'm willing." She swallowed and then pulled away with a force. She turned to me and shook her head.

"No." Bryce frowned. "Just because you came to London does not mean I've forgiven you." I sigh knowing she would do anything but forgive me. "I'm going home." She searched for Ethan and frowned at something. I followed her sight line trying to figure out what had made her upset only to see Ethan locking lips with another girl.

I felt bad that Bryce lost her date like that but felt fucking wonderful as well to have him away. I don't know if that makes me a bad guy.

She rolled her lips in and then turned on her heel walking out. I followed her out not knowing where she was heading seeming as she did not have her car. And Ethan seemed busy.

"Fucking hell." I heard her whisper as she came to the same realization hugging her arms at the cold.

Walking forward I stopped in front of her. She ignored me as if I was just a lamppost. "Come on."

"Like hell I'm going with you." She seethed. I could see the livid message in her eyes and felt my heart squeeze at the thought I had caused it. Caused her pain.

But she was cold and stubborn enough to walk all the way home. That flimsy dress of hers would get her in trouble that I could not afford and I knew neither could she. Many men could be animals.

"You're going to catch a cold out here. And you have no source of transportation."

"I'll pay for a taxi." She muttered.

"If you had money you would have offered it for your boyfriend. I doubt that dress had pockets anyway." I noted looking at body and then at her face.

Her eyebrows were turned down in anger at me. I watched her look past my shoulder thinking. Her hair blowing gently in the wind. "I'll call Louis." She murmured holding her phone out. I rolled my eyes and pushed her hand down in which she flinched it away.

"I have Louis's car." I admitted jutting my chin towards the black Superleggera. Bryce pursed her lips studying the license plate.

"You stole it from her?"

I chuckled at the thought. "No she lend it to me to come get you."

It was her turn to chuckle. "My sister would never give you her car let alone my location."

"Recheck?" I offered her with a shrug. My eyes went down and a small smile painted my face as I reached out for her hand and saw her wearing my ring. At least I knew she thought of me. That was enough to make me feel happy. "You wore it."

Bryce snatched her hand back and squared her shoulders taking the ring off and grabbing my hand. She slammed it down on my palm jutting my arm away. "Keep it. I just forgot to return it."

Hurt took over me but I covered it with a blank expression. "Take it. It's not mine anymore."

She shook her head stubbornly. "I don't want it."

"Fine." I shrugged crouching down and placing the ring on the pavement. "Guess it'll just have to find someone lucky. Now come on. Let's get you home." She eyed the floor as I started walking towards the car. It was fucking freezing.

I got in and sat down watching impatiently from the rear view as she still stood rooted to the same place. She flicked her eyes to me and then the floor before she reach down and grabbed the ring with a scowl.

The door thudded next to me as she sat down and yanked her seat belt on turning half her body so she had the view of only the window and there world outside.

I started the engine and got onto the road. "You look fucking sexy." I told her watching her jaw tighten.

She only sent me her lovely middle finger.

As we drove I deliberately added more speed to have a reaction out of her or suddenly jerk the car to the right harmlessly but nothing came out of her. I even lowered her window so a whip of air could bother her but she. Stayed. Fucking. Silent.

"How long are you going to be mad?" I asked looking at her.

"As long as I fucking want." Bryce grumbled closing her eyes I parked the car in front of Louis's house where the twins had their face pressed to the door.

I gave them a thumbs down and they disappeared away. It was fucking creepy.

Bryce slammed the door stomping up the stairs and through the door. She had the courtesy to keep it closed as I came inside and reopened it.

The warmth of the house enveloped me as I saw her cross her arms and stare down at her two sisters who were "occupied" reading an upside down magazine and inspecting the TV remote.

"What were you both fucking thinking?" She growled at them.

Louis faked surprise and looked up from the black remote. "Oh Bryce! You're home? Already? How was your date?"

"The date you both destroyed?" She grounded falling on the sofa.

I walked into the room waving at them before seating on a tufted chair.

"Destroyed? Us? Never?" Louis dragged her words with an effort. "I was here with Catherine looking at baby names. Honest."

"Honest my fucking ass." Bryce reprimanded . She had such a dirty mouth I wondered how good it could be used for other things.

I zoned back in watching Catherine roll her eyes. "You'll thank me one day."

"Stop playing matchmaker. I didn't come here for this. I came for fun. You told me to have fun."

"This is fun." Catherine told her with emphasis. "Aaron came all the way here to meet you. Don't you feel a little happy?"

Bryce didn't look at me at all. I guess I had to adjust to the treatment. "Would you be if it was Grayson at his place?"

I furrowed my eyes at the name but saw Catherine's face mold in anger. "Grayson isn't like Aaron."

"It's still the same thing. You don't want to see him either." Bryce hissed.

"That's because he's lied to me!" Catherine exasperated.

Bryce laughed as I winced. "And you think he hasn't? Why do you think I'm here Catherine fighting with you?"

"His lies we're different."

"He almost got me killed." Bryce shouted getting up. "And none of you care about the fact I could have been dead. You, mom and Louis all are hopeless romantics if you think I would love him for getting me kidnapped and dead." She curled her hands into fists and I knew she was trying hard not to cry. I could see it by the way she stared into the light and bit her lips.

"It is my fault." I spoke up softly. Bryce shook her head and turned to walk upstairs. I didn't stop her as I told her sisters everything. The plain honest truth of what happened that day, of Liam and of how much of an ass I've been.

They both kept neutral expressions till the last word.

Louis spoke up. "Bryce is just upset. And she has a right to but she needs to know you didn't mean it. She speaks the truth but what's even more dangerous to me is that she's acting out this because of her past. She's too intact with thinking she's heartless and pushing everyone away."

I bowed my head knowing about it. Her whole issue. It was hard but it was worth it. Bryce was worth every star in the sky.

"And this Liam guy sounds like a dick." Catherine added. She fiddled with her rose necklace and sighed. "I shouldn't have snarked her."

"We shouldn't have gotten involved." Louis sighed with a sad smile. "Her life has been totally upside down because of people getting involved and doing things based on their judgments. She never got a chance to choose her own choice."

I knew that. Everything they said I knew. But I didn't care. I knew Bryce was strong. Fuck, she was the strongest person I knew.

And if she didn't realize this then I had to make her realize that. Before it's too late. I needed to help her see herself. Her worth. Her unbelievable beauty. She deserved to smile without a force. To live without a limit. She deserved fucking everything and I would try to give it to her. Even if it meant getting hurt in the process.

...

Everyone in the house was mostly asleep. I couldn't so I sat out switching through channels to divert my mind off. I couldn't find anything good.

Switching to Netflix I looked at Louis's recently watched movies to find something good but most of them were lovey dovey or plain shitty cheesy stuff.

I sighed looking at lists and pushing past the Hobbit. I had tried multiple times to get into this and Lord of the rings but I just couldn't. Every time I'd end up asleep much to everyone's dismay.

Pressing on the 100 I paused it and got up to find something to eat. I hadn't eaten much in dinner and I felt fucking starving right now.

I rummaged through the fridge trying to find anything other then soy milk or tofu sliders.

I bingo-ed at a pack of flavored yoghurt and decided this was the best I would get. Taking out the strawberry cup I peeled off the foil and went through each drawer for cutlery.

After seven drawers I found spoons. And they were fucking five different sizes of them. What was the point of that really?

Does it matter what spoon you eat with? I mean in the end it just goes through your mouth.

Frustrated, I picked out one and nudged the drawer close with my hip. I took a spoonful and was about to walk back to my place when I heard soft steps scruff against the stairs.

I peeked up to see Bryce walk down her attention on the TV as she descended in a black tank top and short shorts that left little to my imagination.

Her eyes widened as I shuffled on the floor and blinked at the light coming from the hanging ones. She must have just woken up. Though I felt a sadness spread through me as I noted her puffy eyes.

Bryce walked past me and towards the fridge. She looked through swiftly picking out a yoghurt cup and took a spoon out. I was astounded at how quickly she did it but had to remind myself she had been here longer then I had.

Plus I looked quizzically at the spoon she had chosen. It was smaller then mine making my own look massive. "How do you know what fucking spoon to take?" I grumbled glaring at mine.

I didn't expect her to reply but she did in her own fashion. "It's common knowledge."

"Ouch." I scrunched my face as she dug into her yoghurt plopping down on the couch. She pressed play and watched.

I sunk down next to her but didn't miss as she in inched away from me. While she watched the TV I watched her. Her beautiful face illuminated by the light.

"Why aren't you asleep?"

"Jet lagged." She responded curtly trying to focus her attention back at the TV. "Are you planning to stare at me all day?"

I choked and looked away. "I wasn't looking at you. I was looking out the window."

"There are drapes over the window." She said without looking at them. "And if you're trying to get me to like you again it won't work."

"I can be persuasive." I husked at her.

"And I can be stubborn." Her voice was monotone.

"But you can't ignore me forever. It'll wound me." I saw her lip tilt a millimeter but she licked her lips and controlled her face.

"Advantageous then." Was all she said. I frowned and sank back on the couch with a sigh. It would be a workout indeed but I would work through it. No matter the cost.

"I came to see you. Just so you know."

"You mentioned that before." She finally looked up from the TV and gazed at me. "You wasted your time."

I set my yoghurt cup with the the spoon in it beside my feet and turned to her. "I'm really sorry. It was wrong of me. I was a total dick from keeping it and using you as a shield. I admit that at the start I didn't care about your safety but I do. I care about you a lot."

She studied me closely her cold eyes settling on me. "Apology accepted." My smile dropped off my face. I would rather have her yell at me then give me that dull reply.

Bryce looked back at the TV and continue to watch it while I tried to figure out words to say. But I found none for today.

Maybe tomorrow.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

295K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
251K 15.4K 61
𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 (𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄) Jade Grogan, the youngest millionaire in the city among his other two brothers, i...
39.1K 6K 31
Bad boy supreme Caleb Dawson crashes into Amy Irvine's world as a spectre that no one can see, hear, or touch, unleashing a chain of events beyond he...
3.5K 181 51
kingsley may balenciaga. everyone knows her in her small town outside of knoxville tennessee. the perfect girl. with the perfect family. with the per...