Always Aaron

By Auroraxxwrites

"Two damaged souls who fell in love at a school meant for fucked up rich kids." Bryce Weston is an uptight s... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics + More
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's notes
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Author's notes
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
New books

Chapter 22

5.6K 143 49
By Auroraxxwrites

Please vote!

CATHERINE WAS EXACTLY two minutes from coming here. She had insisted- forced- Louis to let her come by a taxi instead.

I did not bother to suggest me driving. Catherine and I had a complex relationship. If that is what you could call it.

Waiting anxiously at the window I debated hiding in the bathroom showers just to delay seeing her. But that would be rude. Not that Catherine would care anyway.

"You look like you're about to piss your pants." Louis laughed ragging me away from the glass. "Sit. I got chocolate brownies ordered. Have some." She insisted placing one on a plate and handing it over.

I gingerly nibbled in the fudge and sighed at the sweet taste. "Thank you."

Louis clicked her tongue in irritation. "Are you always so formal? Loosen up."

I rolled my eyes eyeing the door. "How long did she say?"

"I don't know. She'll be here by three is my estimation." She shrugged dusting her top for crumbs.

I fiddled with my ring and stared out continuously. I am Bryce Weston. I do not have to be so low to someone. I carry myself. "What are your plans for tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked entirely confused. "What do you mean?"

"The date." She exasperated at my absent mind. "With Ethan."

"Oh." My lips emphasized the expression. I had completely forgotten about Ethan. I only now recalled he was the waiter. "Well yeah I'll meet him tomorrow."

"That's the enthusiasm." She mused. "Why aren't you excited though? First day in England and you snag yourself a date. That's pretty sweet."

I roll my eyes though my heart did flutter at the thought of someone actually finding me attractive enough to shoot their shot. "I am. Just... nervous."

"Hmm..." Louis examined me closely as if she was trying to read a book. Though if I was a book I would probably be so mixed and jumbled. "I guess tomorrow will be a sort of a... a confirmation on what you want."

I could actually use that. No where I stood and where I would stand. "Yeah. I hope it does turn out to be that." The doorbell chimes through the entire house making my hands go clammy and frozen as I sunk in Louis's tufted chair. She got up placing a hand on her stomach excitedly crossing the room towards the white painted door.

My eyes darted to the location as suitcases jutted through, then a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes entered and finally a tall woman. Catherine was the definition on what you would expect a model to look like. Gold skin, long legs and gold spun hair. Her hair was two tones lighter and completely straight as compared to Louis's darker and wavy hair.

Catherine returned Louis's embrace but not as enthusiastically as her eyes bullets through the house narrowing it on me. I suppress the urge to swallow and get up nimbly. "I didn't know you would be here?" She started not breaking the stare.

I glance at Louis who furrows her eyebrows. "I told you I called Bryce over. Specifically that is."

Catherine frowned and lifted a shoulder in a shrug. "I didn't think you were serious." I tried not to let I get to me.

"Hello to you too Catherine." I force a smile on my face. She does not return the gesture.

"Hi." She responds and sinks on to the couch next to me. "Eleanor will put my suitcases up. Won't you Eleanor?" The female driver looked upset at the change of her jobs but she did not object. Especially at the face of money.

"Do you want biscuits? Help yourself to it." Louis gestures to the coffee table filled with assortments and sits next to her twin.

Catherine eyes them and shakes her head. "I don't prefer sugar. Especially at such high content." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "You look well Bryce."

"Thanks." I monotone. "You look good too."

"I know. It's these new extensions I had done. My head still feels tight but they give my hair incredible length and volume." She rambles running a hand through her newly silken hair. I did let myself admit they looked wonderful.

"I tried to get my hair done but I'm just too much of a coward to get it bleached. I have virgin hair for now." Louis muttered holding a strand and twirling it around her finger. "Bryce has fucking amazing hair though." My eyes widened as both of them stare at me.

"Yeah..." Catherine nods in agreement. "You would look stunning in highlights too." I purse my lip with a smile. She actually is talking to me.

"I am actually planning on restyling it." I admitted looking at countless pins on Pinterest. "Something new."

Catherine's eyes lit up as a common topic forged between us but Louis spoke up. "Oooh. Is this possibly for Ethan?"

"Ethan? Who's Ethan?" Catherine sits up eyeing between us.

I open my mouth but Louis interjects. "We went to Ria's a few days ago and Bryce got herself a number from this really cute guy. He invited her over tomorrow at the pub down the street." I cover my face with my hands as three both giggle.

"Fucking what are you third graders?" I groan.

"You're the one acting like it. I mean come on." Catherine picked her nails. "It could go really well."

I shifted my feet under myself. "I'm just looking for a good time. I don't mind if we even end up as friends."

"Friends? Where's the fun in that?" Catherine scoffed.

"I don't fucking care. I just want to have fun." I emphasized at the last word.

"You will have fun when you get a good night." Catherine said. "I need to get you into a sexy outfit now. Red tones would look great with your brown hair. Black even." She murmured studying me.

"I think it will turn out lovely whatever the results." Louis added with a soft smile. "You may even get a fresh start."

I smiled at that with a sigh. Maybe I did need a fresh start. One to which I feel happy with. Aaron and I weren't even a thing. We may have kissed once and had our moments but is was nothing. I should feel right about changing ways. Meet new people. "I think Catherine might be right."

Catherine rolled her eyes. "I'm always right." She let out yawn fanning her manicured nails in front of her mouth. "And I'm exhausted. Fully so."

Louis chuckled. "Usual room is already made."

Catherine only nodded ignoring us all as she departed walking off and up.

"She's a bit much at times." Louis smiled tightly. "She's getting there."

I shrug. "She seems fine so far."

"Her motto is make and break." Louis sighed. "I have a check up with the doctor anyway. Jas was wondering if you'd be free to babysit Flo on Friday? She misses you a lot." I gave her a tired smile and nodded.

"Why not."

...

After a long bath. I had managed to get myself excessively cleaned and polished.

It was the next night and also the night Ethan would pick me up in about two hours. I was way over my head.

I tucked the two thick straps of bathroom and knotted it swiftly before departing to my room where Catherine already had rummaged in my closet shaking her and saying I didn't bring any club outfit. Which was evidently true considering I was in London to help Louis and the clothes I brought were more casual and warm.

"It's fine. I'm used to this neglect." She muttered to herself placing her hands on her hips. "You look about the same size as me. In dress terms. Perhaps one of my shorter ones could fit you better." I did not argue as I brushed my wet hair to coax out the knots and tangles.

Plugging in my hairdryer I worked my way through my hair drying and brushing it to make sure it did not get frizzy. Switching the dryer off I ran a hand through my hair working around any extra tangles before turning on the straightener and applying it to small sections gradually working my way up to a whole head.

"I feel like this is prom." Louis sniffed walking in. "You look so beautiful I can't-" she sucked in a breath placing a hand on her throat.

I drew my eyebrows together and turned away from the mirror nearly burning my cheek in the process. "I'm not even fifty percent done Lu." I honestly just took a shower and did my hair. I still needed to work through a lot.

"You look beautiful either way." She sniffed again rubbing her eyes. I debated under if she was just plain on tired or actually high on her hormones. I think latter provided a definite answer. "I'm cooking dinner tonight. Any requests?"

I bit my lip as I straightened a the back of my hair trying not to scar my hands at the movement. "I don't know. I'm not that picky. I'll most about eat anything good." Maybe that did not give the whole answer but it was true I ate a lot stuff as long as they were good.

"But you hate most stuff Bryce. You dislike bananas, you're allergic to all nuts and coconut and you most of the time skip dinner and eat something of your choosing."

"That is a pinpoint." I grumbled. "I'll eat it don't worry. Plus I'll most likely being having dinner with Ethan anyway."

"Right answer." She winked and walked out the room. I switched my straighter off putting it in a clear space to blow some steam off and turned the switch off the power socket.

"Got the dresses." Catherine walked in with indeed a string of dresses on a rack. I watched as it rickets from the transition between the floor and carpet but she manages to tug it forward. "Now I know these all look stunning but we need to choose one that will be perfect for you." I had the feeling she was talking more to herself then me as the lack of acknowledgment was clear. But I let her do her thing. Because if there was one thing Catherine was good at it was fashion.

After ten minutes of sizing hung dresses on my back, checking my sizes and then comparing colors, Catherine the great found a dress worthy of my after all. "This will make all your cubes highlighted plus the chest on this will do justice to yours for sure." I looked at my body in a a mirror and nodded taking the dress and rushing to the bathroom.

The material was tight against my skin as I walked out and inspected it in the mirror. It looked fucking gorgeous though. It was satin material that went right about above my thighs. The top was had a V cutting on it exposing some of my cleavage whilst the back was tied only with thin strings that held the dress together safe for the thin straps of it too.

The sides had a cut that ran a few inches above the stop of my dress on either thigh. "This looks-"

"Fucking sexy I know." Catherine mused and pushed me into a chair. "I actually designed that dress by myself." I turned eyes wide.

"Really?" She nodded a little perplexed at my gasp. "Catherine you should do start a fashion industry of your own. You would be fucking amazing. Like your style and choices are on point." I commented with a grin.

A smirk broke out on her face. "You know you are the first person to observe that about me..." I found that hard to believe but then again it was true. "I want to go to FIT."

"What's that?"

She scoffed in shock rolling her eyes and cupped my jaw turning it to the right so she could brush my hair and add jewelry. "It's the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC. It's the best there is."

"Then what are you doing in California? You could have gone to NYC."

"I wanted to but my lovely father is very... persuasive." She muttered. "So instead I ended up at some local college of his choosing."

I pursed my lips at Jake's choosing. "You could still switch. It's only your first year. They might have open enrolments."

She put in diamond earring in my ears and a long necklace. "I already did. I have a spot there. I'm moving there at Christmas."

"Does Jake know?"

"He will once it's done." She ended the topic firmly her hand adjusting the pendant before freezing. "You gave me a necklace for my birthday too. It was the gold floral one." Catherine let go of it and sat on the table. "Why'd you do it?" I stared at her crossed arms then at her.

"It's your birthday and plus you're my soon to be sister."

"Step-sister."

I shrugged with a small smile. "When you get moved along so much you try to hold onto anyone regardless of blood or not." Something in her eyes shifted but she quickly looked away and nodded.

She pulled out a palette and started doing my make up. At the end of it all the sharp edges of my face were highlighted, I had winged eyeliner possibly the best I have ever seen and clear gloss. I smiled at my reflection before getting up from the chair and sliding on a pair of short gold heels knowing way too truly about my drunk not being able to navigate in tall ones.

One thing I had mastered was being able to run in high heels and even jump. But when it come to being drunk I had no control on what I was doing and I did not want Ethan to preferably think of me as the Tasmanian Devil.

Catherine switched off her phone casually and smiled at me. "I did good." I laughed knowing that was the most involved compliment I had ever gotten from her.

I nodded in agreement. "Yes you did." I chuckled as Louis came in with a glass of wine for Catherine and looked at me with a beam.

"You look very sexy." She praised at me. "Once this baby is out I am going to be partying hard." We all laughed at her enthusiasm.

...

It was 7:59 pm and I was already so nervous chewing on a mint gum Catherine had shared with everyone. I basically chanted with it.

"Relax." Louis laughed.

"Yeah you might sweat stain the dress." Catherine snorted eyeing me.

The door bell chirped through and I immediately was on my feet but Louis and Catherine were already there before me. They opened the door with serious expressions as Ethan walked in with a set of flowers and a box of some treats.

He was dressed impressively in a black shirt that showed his muscles, matching jeans and a denim jacket. His eyes met mine and a smile blossomed at this face as he took me in. "Hi." He breathed.

I walked forward taking the bouquet from him with a grin. "Hi."

"Now that greeting is over," Catherine spoke up sternly. "We need you to bow she'll have an amazing time outside."

"Cross my heart." Ethan smiled proudly.

"Make sure she's safe okay?" Louis pressed on. "If anything happens to my baby sister I will have your head." She heaved.

Ethan's eyes widened and I stepped in. "They are kidding. Don't worry let's go." I waved bye to them and walked down the steps with Ethan leaving his gifts with the twins.

We stopped in front of his black Toyota and he helped me in before doing the same to himself. As he sat he rubbed his hands together with a laugh. "I'm just nervous. Sorry."

"Don't be." I chuckled fixing my dress. "So far I'm already having a blast."

"Easy pleaser, huh?" He reversed out and got onto the street.

I lifted my shoulders with a smile. "I tend to be." To keep the conversation going I added. "Tell me about yourself."

He side glanced at me. "What do you want to know?"

"Anything."

"Well my name's Ethan Reed and I work at Ria's. I have four sisters."

"Four?" I said shocked.

"Yeah." He laughed. "Four sisters and I live in an apartment next to the café. And I am doing medical school."

My eyebrows arched. "I wouldn't peg you for a doctor but I can see it."

"What about you?"

I bit my lips strewing believable words. "My name's Bryce Weston. I live in Waylerd but am going to Welton Academy for my final year before to college. I have two step-sisters that you met and my mom is recently getting married so yeah. I don't know what I'm planning to do for my future yet."

"You'll find your passion." He assured me pushing his neck length brown hair back. "It took me a while to not only know I want to be a doctor but also get the money to afford medical school." I nodded. Perhaps I would as well find my calling. I thought perhaps I wanted to be a fashion designer but that really was not it. Maybe I could do medical? But I have a very thin patience and horrendous memory. Those people who take that route deserve the world's encore.

Alas I might just end up flipping burgers in McDonald's seeming I have nothing better to do with my time.

After I get back to Archdale and the Academy I will be thoroughly busy in doing my exams. Then I will have to look into colleges soon as the time is roughly near. I need to figure out what I want to do and where I want to go.

We stopped in front of a pub and I was surprised not to see the flailing lights I was used to. Instead it was a navy blue trimmed entrance.

Ethan ran to my side and helped me out. I smiled fixing my dress. "Am I over dressed for this?" I asked nervously playing with my hands.

"No. Trust me the outside doesn't do justice to the inside." He grinned interlacing his hand with mine as we walked in. And indeed was he right.

There was a bar table, people dancing on the dance floor and tables for desserts scattered around. It was quaint. "This is the pub?"

He tugged me forward towards a table and helped me sit down while he sat opposite. "This is special kind. I thought it would remind you of a club in Waylerd." I smiled at him warmly.

"Thank you." I squeezed his hand and looked around at the hanging lights and flashing ones that cut through them. "It's spectacular."

"I'm glad to hear that. Now what drink would you want?" He asked waving a waiter over.

I folded my arms and smiled. "Surprise me."

His eyes glittered and he nodded telling the waiter for two drinks and a plate of hot chocolate pudding cake. "Tell me? Are you fond of dancing?" My eyebrows arch at his tone making me swallow.

"Yeah." I whisper nodding.

Ethan smiled as our shot glasses came up. "How much do you prefer before we dance?" I smirk and look at the glasses in front of me. I could go on and on but for his sake I keep it simple.

"Four and then two after." He purses his lips with a smile and nods. We both reach our cups and I was about to tuck in before he clanked it on mine.

"To meeting."

"To meeting." I repeated before taking the burning liquid. I winced slightly taking my second cup. Ethan already looked pretty jacked but he did not stop either.

I took the other one feeling a buzz build up. But I knew it would take more then six shots to get me properly drunk. "Holy shit." He hissed taking a third. "How are you so easy with it?"

I shrug swallowing my fourth. "Practice?" Or perhaps the thousands of drunk sessions I have had scaring the fucking hell out of some people.

After Ethan takes his fourth I see his pupils dilate slightly. He was a light weight for sure. He extended his hand onto me and I held it feeling euphoria bolt through me as I gripped his warm palm.

He led me to the dance floor where people were already going crazy. If I thought I was overdressed these people dressed like it was the 90's funk down.

I swayed my hips to the beat as Ethan gripped my waist dancing. We danced like that for a while laughing and staring into each other's eyes ignoring every thing but us.

Ethan pulled me close to him causing my arms to wrap around his neck as he swayed us. His eyes had darkened as he stared at me making me feel a little uneasy knowing that he was a lot drunker then me. "You look so beautiful." He whispered running his hand on my waist.

I smiled only looking around the place feeling wholly unsettled. I did not understand why. Why this was happening to me. I mean I had done dancing with strangers so many times but...

The next thing I knew Ethan's lips were pressing on mine. His eyes fluttered shut while I tried doing the same. I tried kissing him back. Not pushing him back. He cupped my jaw and kissed harder and I returned the gesture.

But it was not right.

I pulled back smiling slightly as Ethan looked at me with lust. I swallowed looking behind me and an idea took over me. "How about we have dessert?"

"What kind?" He breathed at my jaw.

"The kind that is called chocolate pudding." I teased and interlaced my hand with his. I felt like I was with a middle schooler. Not that Ethan was anything like that but just the way I was dragging him along, stepping back from his advance and diverting his mind made me feel a little like that.

I helped him onto a chair and went and sat on mine. "This looks delicious." I grinned taking a spoon and digging in. It was pure chocolate bliss. I peered up and saw Ethan looking at me as he took bite as well.

"Welcome to London." Was all he said as he chewed. I continued eating looking around every now and then to see the people dancing.

The songs were thrilling in and out with different lyrics making my body buzz with not only the alcohol but the music too. The same way it did when I have played the piano.

It was a pull towards me.

Music.

I wanted to play and sing and dance but I could not right now. For right now I had to distract a certain drunk man who was too concentrated in the cake. I would give him the credit for being bold.

I watched Ethan eat the rest of the cake and set my spoon down. I waved over a waiter but Ethan spoke up. "Should we get more shots? We only had four?" He slurred. "I need some."

I flinched at his self and shook my head. "You already had too many. How about we pay the bills and go home, yeah?"

He frowned. "But we just got here." It had been an hour and a half plus at the rate he was I would not have been surprised if he threw up and I had to be the person to drop him home.

"Come on." I murmured as the auger came over. "Do you have your wallet?"

"Yup." He hiccupped shuffling through it but someone beat us to it.

"I'll pay for the bill. My treat to the lovely couple." I knew that voice way too well. The deep yet gentle one that I had left behind.

As I looked up my thoughts were correct as cold blue eyes stared back at me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi guys! How's the chapters so far?

Next one is from Aaron's POV x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232 80 26
"I told you, you should've taken a picture" "Too bad. We'll be seeing each other more often. Hi, I'm Noah, final year student at Glacier Academy, han...
294K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
251K 15.4K 61
𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 (𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄) Jade Grogan, the youngest millionaire in the city among his other two brothers, i...