Through The Storm

By drift3dflow3r

Estella was a city girl, with the love of her life, but it all crumbled up before the blink of an eye. She de... More

Authors Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Update
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
Authors note

45

835 13 0
By drift3dflow3r

Estella

And here I am. Back in Houston. I came here to become a better version of myself, not to get pushed around by some guy with a huge ego. I need to just let him go.

Ruby: what gate?

I arranged for Ruby to pick me up today. I haven't seen or talked to her since before everything, since the accident. I miss my life, my friends, and I'm not willing to let it all go. Planning on filling Ruby in, I realize how much has actually happened. How stuck in place I've been. When was the last time I worked? Or talked to any of my friends? Got dressed up? Saw anyone except for Cade?

"OH MY GOD! Estella Josette oh I've missed you so so much!!" Ruby exclaims as she runs towards me.

She gives me a huge hug and practically lifts me off the floor.

"Girl where have you been? What's going on??" Concern covers her face; she hides it well, masking it as pure curiosity. But I can tell she's been worried, I'm sure they all have. I fell off the face of the earth.

"It's a really long story, but I'm so beyond ready to talk about it. However, I need coffee. So let's go?" I just want to be back in my apartment, not sleeping in a house with the three most hurtful people, not sleeping on an office floor, not sleeping in a random room at Cades house. Just my apartment, my bed.

She agrees to get coffee and we quickly head to the nearest Starbucks inside the airport. It's a quiet walk to the shop, even quieter after we order. So much time had passed, I'm not sure I even know where to start.

"So"

"So" we talk at the same time. She gestures for me to speak.

"I've been in Seattle for a while by the way." I quickly blurt. "I went home for a bit because my mom asked me to come back. My sister was going through a breakup and it's all just kind of a blur. But me, her, and my mom are really the only family left of our family. So we kinda have to be there for each other, you know? And also Cade went back with me, but he's a whole other—"

"Wait, slow down. What?" She interrupts my blabbering.

"What?" I ask before nervously taking a huge gulp of my coffee.

"Cade? He went with you to Washington?"

"Oh, that part. Yeah he uh went with me because we're starting a business deal. I'm basically gonna be his intern." I say with my head down.

"Uh-huh. Alright then." She raises a brow at me but nods anyway.

"I'm dying to get home, do you think we could go?"

"Of course, Stell." I missed having friends, so much more than I thought I would.

~~

We arrive at my apartment and as soon as I open the door I'm completely caught of guard by the amount of people crammed in my tiny living room. They all jump up and say in unison "welcome home!"

"Oh god, thank you guys." I let out a small giggle. No one's ever surprised me. And slowly I make out all the faces staring at me. Alison's here? I didn't even know she was still friends with Jen, who's also here. She's standing next to Ben, who looks down to his feet when my eyes meet his. Moving on, even Kristine was here. Oh god, I never even told her I needed off for all this time.

I make my way to her, profusely apologizing as soon as I get within distance that she can hear me. "I'm so so sorry" I continue to say.

She laughs and says "oh honey, it's okay! Cade told me everything!" Wait what? He talked to her about the trip? Since when are they friends?

"Oh, I didn't realize you guys knew each other that well."

"His mother was my very best friend. I'm his god mother, but he would never admit it." She smiles at me. How did I not know this? And what does she mean was? Is his mom still alive?

"Right, well excuse me. I have a lot of people here. Thank you so much for letting me off the hook." I quickly say and rush away.

How could he not tell me I was working with someone so close to him? For someone so close to him! The more I learn about him, the worse he gets. And does Kristine know about his business? She's aware of that, more importantly- she's okay with it?

"Hey, I'm happy you're back." I'm startled by a mans voice, looking up to see Ben. Oh god, poor Ben.

"Hi! I am so sorry about everything that has happened." I stand up to meet his eyes. I can see the hurt behind them, hurt cause of me? We barely knew each other.

"It's okay, I swear everything's good. I probably shouldn't be here though." He turns to walk but I follow behind.

"Why?" I question.

"Well Cade could find out." His answer causes fury to course through me.

"Oh, he's not a part of my life anymore." It's not a total lie. I mean he can't choose who I hang out with right?

"Really? Are you sure?" He looks behind me. And I turn to see that Cade has just walked in.

"Im so sorry, uh can I just? I'll be right back." I say to Ben before turning to walk over to Cade.

When our eyes meet he flashes away from me. Refusing to even look at me, nice. I walk up, and making a bold decision, grab his sweater and pull him outside. Standing in the hallway to the apartments, I look up at him, patiently waiting for his explanation. Why is he here?

"Are you gonna explain why you're at my apartment, sir?" I politely ask, as I am his worker now. And that's all it will be.

"Sir?" He chuckles at me. "I'm not your fucking teacher." Woah, mood change. Not surprising though.

"Okay, Cade. Why are you here?" I press.

"Because your super cute and adorable friends invited me." He throws his hands up and smiles at me. Fuck.

"Okay, I don't think they realized I don't want you here. So I'm gonna ask really nicely for you to leave." I'm staying as charming as I can.

"Let me think about it... No." when he brings his face to look at me, I see the redness clouding over his pupils. Explains a lot.

"Does Kristine know you do coke?" I cross my arms. His mood shifts visibly. And I can see his jaw twitch. I know this Cade all too well.
"What? Are you gonna choke me again? I'm over this Cade, respectfully; you're fucking exhausting." Not sure where that came from, I push past him making sure to hit him with my shoulder.

Adrenaline and fear course through my veins as I walk back to the party. I'm ready to be alone, to listen to my music. To dance in my underwear and not give a shit who sees. I just want all these people out.

I walk to my friends, Ruby and them.
"Hey guys! I really appreciate this whole thing. Thank you so much. Uh, I am really tired so would it be alright if everyone kinda left now?" I hope they don't take this as my being ungrateful, because I am so grateful for them.

"Of course girl! We get it. Go sleep, we'll get everyone out." Jen smiles at me as she tells the girls to follow her.

I walk myself to my room, closing and locking the door behind me. Sliding down the wall, I can hear the background of people shuffling out. Finally, alone.

~~

[ thank you guys for reading! I don't have much to say about this chapter, but stay tuned for more stuff :). Please comment and rate this! Tell me what state/ country you're from! 💕 ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 7.7K 60
**This is an MMF love story** Sex and relationships don't interest Gemma--until she gives Tre a chance. One date with him makes her rethinking everyt...
128K 4.9K 17
Bella moved to the city with her best friend after they graduated from college. They are looking forward to the new city life and starting their live...
5.2K 142 64
Zoe is a kind and simple woman who works as an assistant for Dante, a cold and powerful CEO who has a five-year-old daughter named Chloe. Dante needs...
4.7K 95 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...