AQR3.2: An Agent from the Mod...

Da wittywinty

Book Cover created by: @Cattyalita 032621-072821 Continuation of Yumi's journey in the ancient era. Altro

1: Half a Year Later 1
2: Half a Year Later 2
3: Half a Year Later 3
4: Half a Year Later 4
5: Half a Year Later 5
6: Invitations
7: Agreement 1
8: Agreement 2
9: Agreement 3
10: Parade 1
11: Parade 2
12: Gathering 1
13: Gathering 2
14: Great General's Birthday 1
15: Great General's Birthday 2
16: Request
17: Fastforward 1
18: Fastforward 2
19: M Capital 1
20: M Capital 2
21: Governor General
22: Introductions and Arrivals
23: Double Date
24: Deputy General's Woman
25: Guild Meeting 1
26: Guild Meeting 2
27: Lovely Night
28: Invited 1
29: Invited 2
30: Invited 3
31: Invited 4
32: Invited 5
33: Invited 6
34: Challenged 1
35: Challenged 2
36: Challenge 3
37: Challenge 4
38: Challenge 5
39: Challenge 6
40: Challenge 7
41: Ideas 1
42: Ideas 2
43: Ideas 3
44: Ideas 4
45: Big News 1
46: Big News 2
47: Little Celebrations 1
48: Little Celebrations 2
49: Flower Viewing Party 1
50: Flower Viewing Party 2 🎉
51: Flower Viewing Party 3
52: Stolen 1
53: Stolen 2
54: Stolen 3
55: Stolen 4
56: Stolen 5
57: Retribution 1
58: Retribution 2
59: Retribution 3
60: Retribution 4
61: Fateful Encounter 1
62: Fateful Encounter 2
63: The Wedding Day 1
64: The Wedding Day 2
65: The Wedding Day 3
66: Honeymoon 1
67: Honeymoon 2
68: Honeymoon 3
69: Honeymoon 4
70: After Honeymoon
71: Don Enrico 1
72: Don Enrico 2
73: Don Enrico 3
74: New Regency
75: Doña Silvanna
76: Forgotten Skills
77: Fall-Out
78: Returned
79: Gestation Period
80: Abdicated
81: Second Wife 1
82: Second Wife 2
83: New Life, New War 1
84: New Life, New War 2
85: New Life, New War 3
86: New Life, New War 4
87: Missing Enemies 1
88: Missing Enemies 2
89: Execution 1
90: Execution 2
91: Execution 3
92: Execution 4
93: Next Move
95: Months Later 2
96: Months Later 3
97: Unwanted Visitors 1
98: Unwanted Visitors 2
99: Surprised 1
100: Surprised 2 🥳
101: Ganged-up
102: Cutthroat
103: Dilemma
104: Opening up 1
105: Opening up 2
106: Rebellion
107: Departure 1
108: Departure 2
109: Arrival
110: Retreat
111: Reinforcement
112: Parachute 1
113: Parachute 2
114: Safe Area
115: Tower of Death
116: Lifeless
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
Epilogue 6
ANNOUNCEMENT
Side Story 1: Good Karma
Side Story 2: Silverlining
Side Story 3: The Chase
Side Story 4: Complex
Side Story 5: Intense Feelings
Side Story 6: The Cliff

94: Months Later 1

2.4K 194 4
Da wittywinty

"What do you want to do next, General Vicente?" Xun Anyue asked the General.

Xun Anyue is Xun Xue's father. Ever since the Sybill family had gone back in L City, he contacted the General and had been meeting him in private.

It was the last instruction he received from Rui months ago before the failed execution in M Capital had happened.

He told him that if Yumi's family went back in L City one of these days, he should coordinate with General Vicente as the leader of Assassin Guild.

That wasn't actually a lie. Xun Anyue really managed the Assassin Guild here in L City.

However General Vicente thought he managed the whole Assassin Guild though. He must have thought that because of Xun Anyue's aura and old age.

Meanwhile when Xun Anyue first heard from the general about this misconception, he thought of correcting him about it. He dared not claim the position of the Head of their guild. He and his daughter had very high respect to Yumi after all.

But then, he also realized at the same time that the general seemed to be aware of his daughter's connection to guild but not the whole picture of it so their boss must have omitted some of the important details on purpose.

Fortunately, he was quickwitted and he neither denied nor approved the general's assumption. Instead, he directly told the general his purpose for visiting him that day, informing him that the Assassin Guild would be his network from all of the happenings in the country from now on.

He also informed the general that they had sent people to work with the other generals therefore when the four of them needed to communicate to each other, all they need to do was used the Assassin Guild.

At first, General Vicente was overwhelmed by the idea. But then again, that day, the Sybill mansion was very much surrounded by Don Enrico's people already yet somehow Xun Anyue was able to get passed them undetected.

It only said a lot of things about this old man's talent then.

Besides, he trusted Yumi so much. Since she trusted this Assassin Guild by involving herself to them secretly, he would give his trust to them too.

Although his loyalty remained to the country as the General, but then again, he would not really the kind who would give blind loyalty to the one above him. Most especially when that person was obviously had a hidden agenda for everything he did.

Actually, he used to have a good impression to that Don Enrico. Plus, he also knew about Yumi's closeness to him and his family.

However, that false accusation of Amelia which led to her almost execution and also his removal as the Great General after they forced him to let go of the Military tally changed his impression to the don.

And so, he made sure to utilize the Assassin Guild as much as he could since that day. At hindi naman siya nabigo. In fact, he was greatly satisfied by the efficiency of Xun Anyue and his people.

Every information he told him was very essential and not easily obtained. These information also opened General Vicente's eyes to the real things that were happening behind the facade of current government.

He learned about the Puppet Pills and Puppet Army of Don Enrico. He also got aware to what was happening within the hospitals, pharmacies and even to the small clinics within the country.

Ang tanging hindi lang niya makuha na impormasyon mula kay Xun Anyue ay tungkol kanila Yumi. And that somehow frustrated him dahil ang tanging sinasabi lang sa kanya nito ay nasa maayos na kalagayan ang mga ito.

He even tried to threaten the old man but he simply escaped him that day. Akala nga niya ay hindi na ito magbabalik dahil sa paninindak niya dito. Fortunately, Xun Anyue still kept on coming back everytime na may bagong balita itong nakakalap tungkol sa kanilang bansa.

The General still attempted to ask Xun Anyue about Yumi but the latter was also adamant to keep his mouth shut.

Anyway, one day, Xun Anyue had visited him again to inform him about the latest news around the country.

The news devastated the general because it was about Yumi. But Xun Anyue assured him that the lady had already expected that thing to happen so he didn't have to do anything nor to feel bad about it.

But then again, as father, how could he not be concerned about it?

He was just pondering about this at that time, when the door of the study room suddenly opened. At mula doon ay pumasok sila Doña Margarita, Doña Teresa, Victoria at Malia.

Kasunod nila si Roman na napahinga na lang ng malalim because of helplessness.

"Roman! I clearly said I should not be disturbed right now." Kunot noong sabi ng heneral sa kanyang butler na pinagbantay niya ng pintuan ng study room habang nag-uusap sila ni Xun Anyue.

"Vicente, wag mong pagalitan si Roman. We insisted to see you now." Doña Margarita told him sternly.

He kept quiet then. Since his mother said it was them who insisted to see him, then he had no reason to continue scolding Roman.

"Papa, something big has happened." Victoria said. Her face and voice expressed great concern.

"Narinig mo na ba ang mga bali-balita sa labas? That new Governor General has reneged on his words. He announced to the whole country that only men should be doctors as it has been the law since time immemorial. He's completely invalidating Yumi's studying as Medical Student.

"He was the one who announced in front of many people about his support of Yumi's studying as Medical Student. How dare her turn against his words now?"

The old woman couldn't contain his annoyance because of this news. This was actually the reason why Doña Teresa and Malia were in their mansion today.

Doña Teresa was still working as Council Leader while Malia was a nurse in L City General Hospital so naturally, they got the memo about Don Enrico's announcement.

Matapos nilang mabalitaan iyon ay agad nilang napagdesisyunan pinuntahan ang mga Sybill upang ibalita sa mga ito ang nangyari.

Anyway, when General Vicente had heard what his mother's concern, napahinga na lamang siya ng malalim.

Why, that was also his concern before they came in. That was exactly what Xun Anyue had just informed him about.

When Doña Margarita saw her son sighing, she realized then that he already knew about the news.

Agad na naningkit ang mga mata ng doña saka namewang sa harap ng kanyang anak.

"You already know about it, don't you?"

The general remained quiet. But her eyes landed on Xun Anyue then.

"Did this man inform you about it?"

"Mama, don't worry about it anymore." Ang tanging nasabi na lang ng heneral sa kanyang ina. He also didn't want to put Xun Anyue in a difficult situation. But since his mother already laid her eyes on him, she would surely try to get to the bottom of it.

"Vicente, sabihin mo nga sa amin ang totoo. All of these happenings, may kinalaman ba sila Mayumi dito? Kaya ba biglang binawi ng bagong Governor General ay dahil may alitan sila ngayon ni Mayumi? And who is this old man you keep on meeting?" Sunod sunod na tanong ni Doña Margarita.

Napailing na lang ang heneral.

Eto na nga ang isa sa mga hindi niya nais mangyari. His mother would surely not stop until he told them everything he knew.

Of course, he could keep quiet but that would lead to endless pestering from her.

As for lying...

Forget it. He had always been a bad liar.

His only choice now was to keep quiet or tell the truth.

Obviously, Doña Margarita had realized it too. And so she began to make it difficult for his son to keep quiet then. In the end, he was forced to confess by his mother.

Xun Anyue remained in the room though he refrained to say anything while the General was telling the four ladies the truth.

***

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

239K 7.7K 63
Pain have 2 effects. It's either, you'll be strong because of pain or the pain will change you. 10/01/2020
Charlotte Da 🌷Lucia

Narrativa Storica

719K 35.8K 50
I reincarnated as the villainess inside the novel where the villainess is destined to die in order for the heroine to have a happy ending. It would...
178K 10.3K 53
Smart, manipulative, and lacks empathy. That's some of Magdalena Sahara's personality. She's a college student who already killed so many people in h...
431K 15K 71
(If you haven't read the Book 1 of this story. Better read it para maiintindihan niyo po ang flow ng story. Thank you!) A relationship that has been...