BLUNT. | Liam Dunbar

By itsjustannie

{ FIRST BOOK OF THE DAUNTLESS SERIES } Annie Argent has just gone through some of the most shocking months of... More

Weird Little Thing - Chapter One
Not Cocky... Confident - Chapter Two
Dry Ice Day - Chapter Three
She'll Be There - Chapter Four
Snap Crackle Broken - Chapter Five
Lack of Oxygen - Chapter Six
It's a Bathroom Bash - Chapter Seven
Nothing - Chapter Eight
She Has His - Chapter Nine
Like Me - Chapter Ten
Switching Teams - Chapter Eleven
Anchors - Chapter Twelve
That Tool? - Chapter Thirteen
The Argent Fate - Chapter Fourteen
Friggin' Garrett - Chapter Fifteen
Missing - Chapter Sixteen
Chokehold - Chapter Seventeen
Hit the Road, Jack - Chapter Eighteen
Plan Suckage - Chapter Nineteen
Battle Scars - Chapter Twenty
Hurt Myself - Chapter Twenty-One
Everyone - Chapter Twenty-Two
ILY - Chapter Twenty-Three
This is Why I Never Watch the News - Chapter Twenty-Four
I Don't Know Her - Chapter Twenty-Five
Utterly Weak - Chapter Twenty-Six
Kids - Chapter Twenty-Seven
They Are Terrifying - Chapter Twenty-Eight
Family Bonds - Chapter Twenty-Nine
Wanker - Chapter Thirty
He Gone - Chapter Thirty-One
The Narc - Chapter Thirty-Two
The Benefactor - Chapter Thirty-Three
Let Her Go - Chapter Thirty-Four
I Died Right There - Chapter Thirty-Five
Such a Help - Chapter Thirty-Six
Sisterly Bonds - Chapter Thirty-Seven
Game - Chapter Thirty-Eight
Time - Chapter Thirty-Nine
A Huntress - Chapter Forty
That Escalated Quickly - Chapter Forty-Two
Video Games - Chapter Forty-Three
Dumb... bells - Chapter Forty-Four
Really Good - Chapter Forty-Five
Werewolf - Chapter Forty-Six
Fricking Mexico - Chapter Forty-Seven
Definitely Me - Chapter Forty-Eight
Worst Plan Yet - Chapter Forty-Nine
Awkward Ride Home - Chapter Fifty
Lydia Was Right - Chapter Fifty-One
Scott - Chapter Fifty-Two
In the Nude - Chapter Fifty-Three
Always a Monster - Chapter Fifty-Four
Goodbye, Chris - Chapter Fifty-Five
Explanation - Chapter Fifty-Six
Teen Wolf - Chapter Fifty-Seven
Sequel ?ยฟ
Silver Bullet // Sequel

Paralyzed - Chapter Forty-One

13.8K 392 85
By itsjustannie

A N N I E

I watched as gunfire shot down yet another one of Satomi's pack. I was hit once, but I pulled the bullet out with my bare hands, and I KO'ed the man faster than I could contemplate what I was doing. Scott said no killing, so I'm trying to follow his command... but it's getting pretty hard to fight a sword with a stick.

I watched as my dad ran, picking up one of the men's rifles, and firing it out at them. His face grew harsh, and I realized he wasn't fighting for his survival, he was fighting for our's. He was fighting for me, for Brett, for Liam, for Scott... for Allison.

I armed yet another arrow, and quickly turned the corner, shooting one of the men in the back, making them fall to the ground. My guess would be I hit a nerve, paralyzing him temporarily.

Derek slid to my feet, ceasing his fire as he was hidden behind a grimy tarp. I ran my fingers over the butt of my arrow, leaving the bow hanging in my arms by my waist.

Derek stood up panting, and reloaded his ammo. A shot was fired, and I quickly reached out and caught a bullet just as it about hit Derek dead in the face. I threw to the ground and aimed my arrow in the direction of four men cascading our way, firing at them.

Derek shot several rounds, penetrating some of the men's protective gear. "How many are there?" he shouted to me as I shot another arrow.

I looked around the room, where Scott was fighting four men at once, where Liam was rushing at a man, where my father held his side like he was hurt... injured. "Too many!"

"Annie!" I heard Lori call my name, "Brett? Where are you?"

I rushed towards the sound, and gasped as I saw a red laser trailing up to Lori's forehead as she stood there in fear. Across the way, Brett looked up at me, and shook his head, knowing what I was about to do.

I rushed out, "ANNIE!" his scream couldn't penetrate my plan.

As I shot my arrow, three bullets found their way into my stomach, and I fell to the floor, gasping for air. Lori crouched down next to me, while I watched the man I shot slowly crawl away.

"Annie, what the hell are you thinking?" Brett quickly rushed to my aid.

I gasped, feeling my lungs pool with blood. "Oh, shit," Brett said, picking up one of the bullets. "Lilac wolfsbane."

Brett turned to Lori, who had tears streaming down her face. "Run! Go get Scott, now!"

Lori stood up and frantically rushed away, and Brett hovered his hands over my body, confused of what to do. "Flip--" I choked out, coughing. "Flip me on my front, keep me elevated."

Brett nodded, picking my body up easily in his arms, and flipping me over. "I need to stay--I need to--"

"Elevated," Brett nodded, "okay."

He picked me up, holding me in his arms, my my face pressed into his neck. "Come on, Annie, you'll be okay."

I shook my head, coughing, and getting a little blood on my lips. "Tell Liam and my father I love them."

Brett shook his head, picking me up in his arms so that my head was hanging down, and his arms supported my back and knees. "Annie! Open your eyes!"

I fluttered them open, and I realized that the gun fire had stopped. Then, I felt warm, really warm... and I just wanted to sleep.

"Annie! No, open your eyes!"

I cracked my eyes open an inch, just to see the world spinning around me. My body shook as Brett carried me to somewhere, and I felt myself getting weaker with each passing second.

Finally, I saw Liam up ahead, but there no sign of Scott. Liam rushed to Brett, "Get Scott!"

Liam yelled, taking me in his arms. He looked my body up and down, shaking his head. I smiled, "It's okay. You're here," I coughed, "that's all that matters."

"Annie, I--"

I shook my head, "Want to know why?"

Liam nodded, his fingers running through my hair. I smiled, "Because I love you."

And then blackness washed over me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 17.3K 60
in which scott slowly finds love again after allison argent (season 2-3) (started: april 3, 2020) (book one in the blai...