Miss Mercury

By Ahsoka98

Amelia Mercury reborn, follow her on a journey filled with the highs and lows that come with being the daught... More

Cast List and Intro
Amelia
Settled
Visits
Live Aid
Studio
Fears
Little Helper
First Christmas
Birthday
Helping Out
Adventures
Father's Day
Threes
Doctors
Disneyland
Aids
Changes
A Glimpse of the Future
Bonding
Nursery
A Friend
Brit Awards
Interview
The Theatre
The Time Has Come
Saying Goodbye
Moving Forward
Blue Christmas
New School
Histories Biggest Send-Off
Angry
Roses
Sisters
Made in Heaven
Decision Time
Audition: Part 1
Audition: Part 2
Acceptance
Moving Out
Adjusting
Teenager
Baby Sister
Induction
Babysitting
We Will Rock You
Showcase
Offer
Cardiff
New Feelings
First Date
Opening Night
Poorly
Christmas Eve
New Year's Eve
A Place of My Own
Loss
Best Surprises
Unexpected
Broadway
Keeps Getting Better
End of an Era
Tony Awards
Take a Chance
Meeting the Family
Agent
Australia
New Decade
Change in the Atmosphere
Frightened
Help!
Explanation
Court
Planning
Premiere
Announcement
Forget
Boy or Girl?
Fed Up
Baby: Part 1
Baby: Part 2
Visitors
Adam Lambert
Home Again
Touring
Olympics
Holiday
Another Legend
Hello and Goodbye
Script Read
Baptism of Fire
Night Out
Aftermath
Prank
Parents
Night In
Garden Lodge
His Parents
Hollywood
Engaged
AWOL
Girl's Day Out
Argument
Family Christmas
Last Day
Valentine's Day
Wedding Day: Part 1
Wedding Day: Part 2
Honeymoon
A/N: Coming Soon
Reality
Sick?
Telling
Bohemian Rhapsody
Christmas with the In-Laws
Award Shows
Mood Swings
Another Wedding
It's Time
Adjusting to a Newborn
Fathering Sunday
New York
Pandemic
Sheer Heart Attack
Positive
Prince
D-Day
A Reunion
New Book!!!
Spin-Off

A Baby Boom

832 30 35
By Ahsoka98

Sorry I'm late guys, this chapter is very bitty.

On the 16th of June, Amelia and Gwilym received a morning wake up call from an emotional Ben, announcing that Brianna gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Erin Jones, born at 10.55pm on the 15th of June 2020.

They're sad that their families and friends can't go and meet her but they're happy she's here and healthy.

A week after they got to meet Erin via zoom. "Oh, she's so sweet," Amelia beams, admiring the baby girl in Brianna's hold, "I can't wait to have a hold."

Ben grins, looking up from his daughter, "As soon as she's had all her initial injections, we're hoping you won't mind us popping over for a garden visit? Around the end of July probably."

"Only if your sure," Gwilym assures them. He doesn't want them to feel pressured and put the baby at risk.

"We need to get out of the house." Despite only being at the hospital Brianna was glad for the change of scenery, even if she was in labour. "We're going to do the same with Ben's mum, my mum will have to wait sadly."

"How's Frankie with her?" Brianna mentioned in her past facetime chat with Amelia that Frankie was glued to her side during the pregnancy, especially after her scare early on. The same way Prince and Queenie had been when Amelia was pregnant.

"Oh, Frankie adores her. She's become a proper guard dog, never more than a few yards from Erin," Ben chuckles moving the camera to see Frankie lay at Brianna's side.

------

The end of July came around quickly. Though many know the relaxation of the covid rules will probably result in a second lockdown, most are taking the freedom while they can.

Brianna and Ben came over as they said they would Erin and Frankie with them. Taylor loves playing with Frankie while Amelia enjoys cuddles with Erin, "Does she cry much? How are you finding everything?"

"The first two weeks were overwhelming but we're getting there now. She wakes twice in the night and only cries when she's hungry or needs changing after that she's a content baby."

"A daddy's girl?" Amelia teases making Ben blush. She lets Gwilym take her for a hold.

"Oh completely," Brianna giggles, switching the subject. "We wanted to ask you two if you'd be her godparents?"

"Absolutely," Gwilym smiles.

"We'd love to be her godparents. Taylor, do you want to come and meet Erin," Taylor's never seen a baby before so Amelia is curious to see how she'll react.

Taylor comes over to see the baby in her dad's arms, takes one look then goes back to play with Frankie. Well, it could have gone worse.

------

Two weeks after meeting Erin, Joe and Rosie sent out a message wanting to facetime everyone. With the latest lockdown restrictions lifted Amelia and Gwilym were able to take Freddie and Taylor to the zoo since it's the summer holidays.

They'd been at the zoo when they got that message so the facetime had to wait till they got home but once Taylor is down for her afternoon nap and Freddie is playing in his room, they text to say they're ready.

"So what's this news?" Lucy asks once everyone has joined.

"Rosie and I have an announcement to make," Joe grins obviously excited to share it.

Rosie beams leaning into her husbands hold, "Yes, we're having a baby."

"I knew it," Amelia laughs, Rosie settled well in New York with Joe. They're happy together and the group knew it wouldn't be long till they announced a baby.

"Congratulations," Ben says at the same time.

"How far along are you, Rosie?" Brianna asks in the middle of feeding Erin.

"15 weeks. My due date is the 4th of February."

-----

Later that evening Gwilym was brushing his teeth before bed when Amelia calls him into the bedroom, "What's up?"

"Do you think I've put on weight?" She asks stood side-on in front of the floor-length mirror, wearing only her underwear making it hard for him to focus on her words.

He hears them though and wonders if this is a test, "Do you want the truth or the answer that won't end up with me sleeping in the garden?"

"The truth," She giggles, "I mean it, I won't be offended. I just need to know if I'm imagining it."

"I don't think you look much different, having said that maybe a little on the lower abdomen but nothing drastic and who hasn't put on weight during lockdown. Even I've put on a bit of weight." Gwilym feels like there's more to why she's asked him.

He comes up behind her wrapping his arms around her middle, resting his chin on her shoulder kissing her neck, "Why are you asking?"

Biting her lip, she meets his eyes through the mirror, "I've missed a period."

It takes a minute for his brain to kick in but he eventually hits her wavelength, his eyes growing wide, "You think you might be...?"

"I don't know." She turns in his hold sliding her arms around his neck, "How would you feel if I was?" They've spoken about more children, agreeing that the next baby would probably be their last.

"It's a little soon after Taylor than I would have liked but he or she won't be due till next year, so Taylor will be nearly two by then, depending on how are along you are." He kisses her lips before standing straight, "Take a test."

That's just what she did, the next afternoon after going to the shop Amelia sat on the edge of the bed with Gwilym, waiting for the tests to work.

Gwilym's phone beeps to say that the time is up, she lifts her head from his shoulder and stands walking into the bathroom where she left the tests.

Amelia comes back to stand in the doorway, test in hand, "Do you think I'm going to be outnumbered by boys or are you going to be outnumbered by girls?"

"It's positive?" He smiles. She nods in reply, squealing as Gwilym picks her up in a hug, meeting her lips in a bruising kiss, muttering, "I love you."

After ringing her doctor, Amelia managed to book herself in for a scan. Sadly with covid restrictions, Gwilym can't go in with her but he does wait in the car park.

He was busy checking his phone when she came back grinning, "Let's see," He takes the ultra scan photo putting his phone away, "Everything alright? How far along are you? Did they give a due date?"

"Alright, one question at a time," She laughs, glad that he's excited for this baby. "Our baby is nice and healthy, strong heartbeat, arms and legs starting to grow. I'm 10 weeks along so my due date is the 15th of March."

A soft smile stays on his lips, finger tracing the form of their unborn baby, "Wow, that far already."

"Yeah, that explains the weight gain."

"Still look beautiful to me," He grins, leaning across to kiss her cheek.

------

The 3rd of September is Freddie's 9th birthday, "Happy Birthday baby," Amelia beams when her son comes down to breakfast that morning, "Breakfast first or presents?"

"Um... breakfast. I'm hungry and I see pancakes." He sits at the table between his dad and sister while Amelia hands him the plate of pancakes she made.

"I'm putting our lockdown baking sessions to good use. But don't expect this every day, special occasions only," She joins them at the table.

She can't believe her baby is 9 years old, he's starting to mature. He doesn't call her mummy anymore, which she knew he'd grow out of eventually and he's not keen on kisses or hugs from her near the school or around his friends.

As well as all of that, his interests have started to switch to sport and gaming, which is why Gwilym and Amelia brought him a "Nintendo Switch Lite! Thanks, mum, thanks, dad." Gwilym is delighted to have someone to talk sport and gaming with Amelia really isn't interested in either.

Freddie still loves his music though, even more now he's older. He has a love for guitar he used lockdown to learn properly under Brian's teachings via facetime.

So of course his second present from Brian and Anita had to be an electric guitar, "This is the best birthday ever."

He opens the rest and they leave the biggest surprise till last, "Who's that one from?"

"This is also from me and your dad but it's for Taylor too."

"Oh, Taylor come on," Freddie gestures his sister over and she toddles over, sitting beside him. They take the present, ripping it open together. "What does it say, Tay?" He helps Taylor to read her t-shirt.

Gwilym and Amelia love the relationship that their two children have, they hope this new baby won't affect that.

Taylor tries to sound out the letters, "I... I'm g-g-goin t-to b-b-beeee a b-big s-s-sister."

Freddie frowns, reading his own t-shirt, "Only the best brothers get to be a big brother twice. You're having another baby?" He looks between his parents.

"Yep. You alright with that champ?" Gwilym checks, Freddie had wanted a little sister but a second sister or a brother could be too much.

"Am I getting a brother or sister?" The boy questions further giving nothing away about his feelings.

"We don't know that yet." They don't mind either way since they already have both but Amelia is leaning towards wanting another boy, "What would you prefer?"

"I don't mind but maybe a brother. What about you Tay? You want a little brother or sister?"

"Brudda," Taylor grins cheekily.

"You just want to remain the only daddy's girl," Amelia teases tickling her tummy.

------

On one large zoom call with the friends and family later that day, when Freddie went to his room and Taylor is playing on the floor Amelia and Gwilym decide to share their news with the family, "So we have some news to share."

"Oh, so do we," Rory pipes up, her boyfriend Rory sat with her.

"Well, who's going first?" Brian pipes up.

Rory gestures for Amelia to go first, "Gwilym and I are having another baby."

Various congratulations are exchanged, "I said it wouldn't be long," Anita grins, "When you due?"

"15th of March."

"Your kidding?" Rory's jaw drops.

Lola hears her sisters question, "What's your news, Rory?"

"Um... dad already knows this but Rory and I are also having a baby. I'm due the 15th of April." Many more congratulations are passed to the couple.

"Wow, first Joe and Rosie, then us and now you two. They were right about lockdown causing a baby boom."

"Well it's not as if there's must else to do in lockdown so it was bound to happen," Ben sniggers.

"Ben!" Brianna elbows him in the ribs. Chatting with the whole group like this is a huge laugh for everyone but it would be so much nicer if it could happen in person.

"There's gonna be a lot of change by the time we can meet up again," Rami mutters. They all feel for him and Lucy being stuck apart.

Joe laughs, "God knows when that will be?"

"Next year hopefully," Gwilym loves his family but he misses his work and can't wait to get back to it.

Roger pipes after sipping his beer, "Let's hope this vaccine doesn't take much longer."

Sorry, a bit of a boring chapter but this book is coming to an end. Only four more chapters left, guys. Do you think this baby will be a boy or girl?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 121 32
Joe's childhood has been really hard, which has resulted in him having frequent panic attacks now. It makes school even harder than it already is, an...
134K 2.5K 30
๐™๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐˜ผ๐™ช๐™—๐™ง๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ƒ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ง. Started: 12/31/18 Finished: 4/10/19
379K 9.4K 87
[Completed - Ben Hardy] Aria Song Mercury came on as a favor to the set of Bohemian Rhapsody. What happens next she never expected - love, heart brea...
86.9K 2.5K 70
Hi, I'm Alice. Alice Taylor, not heard of me? Well, I'm not surprised but I'm the original daughter of Roger Taylor, pretty cool right? There is a re...