Miss Mercury

By Ahsoka98

Amelia Mercury reborn, follow her on a journey filled with the highs and lows that come with being the daught... More

Cast List and Intro
Amelia
Settled
Visits
Live Aid
Studio
Fears
Little Helper
First Christmas
Birthday
Helping Out
Adventures
Father's Day
Threes
Doctors
Disneyland
Aids
Changes
A Glimpse of the Future
Bonding
Nursery
A Friend
Brit Awards
Interview
The Theatre
The Time Has Come
Saying Goodbye
Moving Forward
Blue Christmas
New School
Histories Biggest Send-Off
Angry
Roses
Sisters
Made in Heaven
Decision Time
Audition: Part 1
Audition: Part 2
Acceptance
Moving Out
Adjusting
Teenager
Baby Sister
Induction
Babysitting
We Will Rock You
Showcase
Offer
Cardiff
New Feelings
First Date
Opening Night
Poorly
Christmas Eve
New Year's Eve
A Place of My Own
Loss
Best Surprises
Unexpected
Broadway
Keeps Getting Better
End of an Era
Tony Awards
Take a Chance
Meeting the Family
Agent
Australia
New Decade
Change in the Atmosphere
Frightened
Help!
Explanation
Court
Planning
Premiere
Announcement
Forget
Boy or Girl?
Fed Up
Baby: Part 1
Baby: Part 2
Visitors
Adam Lambert
Home Again
Touring
Olympics
Holiday
Another Legend
Hello and Goodbye
Script Read
Baptism of Fire
Night Out
Aftermath
Prank
Parents
Night In
Garden Lodge
His Parents
Hollywood
Engaged
AWOL
Girl's Day Out
Argument
Family Christmas
Last Day
Valentine's Day
Wedding Day: Part 1
Wedding Day: Part 2
Honeymoon
A/N: Coming Soon
Reality
Sick?
Telling
Bohemian Rhapsody
Christmas with the In-Laws
Award Shows
Mood Swings
Another Wedding
It's Time
Adjusting to a Newborn
Fathering Sunday
Pandemic
Sheer Heart Attack
A Baby Boom
Positive
Prince
D-Day
A Reunion
New Book!!!
Spin-Off

New York

690 27 14
By Ahsoka98

October 2019

It was evident from the first time Freddie went on a plane that he inherited his mums fear of flying, Taylor however, takes after her dad and loves it.

Despite only being five months old, she slept through the entire flight including take-off and landing, with her only crying once when she got hungry mid-flight.

They are in New York for Joe and Rosie's wedding and they're staying at Amelia's apartment with Ben and Brianna, saving them wasting money on a hotel.

"Evening Charlie," Amelia greets when he comes out to the taxi to help with the bags, "Good to see you again."

Charlie beams, he's getting on in years he still attends to his duties as a doorman, "A pleasure as always, Miss Mercury. Your family has grown since you were last here."

"Yes, it has. This is my husband, Gwilym." Gwilym smiles, shaking the older man's hand.

"Oh, then I'm wrong in calling Miss Mercury."

"Not to worry, a lot has changed but it's Mercury-Lee now." Amelia takes Taylor's car seat and Freddie's hand, "This is my son, Freddie and my daughter, Taylor. Then these are our friends, Ben and Brianna." She points to the second taxi just pulling up.

"I'll inform the other doormen so they're not stopped during your stay," Charlie grabs a luggage trolley to save Ben and Gwilym struggling with the many bags.

"Thank you," Gwilym sighs in relief, dumping the bags on. Travelling light is not on the cards when you have a five-month-old baby.

"Wow, this place is a mansion in itself," Ben's jaw drops when they reach the apartment, "You said you have another place in Germany and Switzerland too?"

"Just the flat Switzerland now. The house in Germany has been sold," It was sold a few months ago and Amelia is glad to be rid of the place.

After showing them to their room, Gwilym puts Freddie to bed while Amelia settles Taylor before going to bed themselves.

It was around midnight when Amelia woke, needing a drink of water. Slipping from Gwilym's hold, he stirs, "Where are you going?"

"To get a glass of water," She kisses his cheek, "Go back to sleep, babe."

Entering the kitchen, she's surprised to find Brianna also getting a drink sat at the counter in her own little world, "You alright, Brie?"

"Yeah, just thirsty," The redhead smiles sleepily. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Amelia fills her glass sitting across from her.

"How did you know you were pregnant?"

Amelia knew something was bothering her friend, "With Freddie, my early symptoms were I couldn't keep certain foods down, I had little energy and I was constantly bloated. With Taylor, I had horrible headaches and migraines, sickness and again I had very little energy. Why you think you might be?"

Brianna nods, sipping her water, "I've been having the same dream for the past week, of me playing in a field with a little girl, the spitting image of Ben. Then my mouth keeps filling with excess spit and the last two mornings I've struggled to keep my breakfast down."

"Have you said anything to Ben?"

"No, not until it's confirmed I don't want to get his hopes up and for him to be disappointed. It must be early days because I had my last cycle but this one is nearly a week late." Brianna puts her glass in the sink.

"Then you need to take a test. I tell you what, it won't hurt for Gwilym to watch the kids in the morning. We'll make the excess that we're going to buy some food for the week you can buy a test and take it there, if it's positive then you need to tell Ben." Amelia fills her glass again and follows her towards the bedrooms.

"Okay, thank you. See you in the morning," She gives her friend a quick hug before retreating to her room.

Amelia hopes Brianna is pregnant, she dotes so much on Freddie and Taylor. She and Ben will make brilliant parents. After checking on Taylor, she climbs back into bed, cuddling up to Gwilym.

------

Dressed and ready to go, Amelia stood in the kitchen feeding Taylor when Brianna emerged from her room fully dressed, "When do you want to leave?" Brianna asks grabbing herself some cereal.

"In a few moments. I'll just finish feeding Taylor then we'll go." When she's done, Amelia goes to her room to wake Gwilym, "I'm going out, babe?"

He yawns sitting up to take Taylor from her, "Where are you going? You're not going alone are you?" He doesn't like the idea of her walking around New York alone, even if she has done it before.

"No, I'm going with Brie." She pulls her jacket from the wardrobe, "We're just going to get some food for the week, there isn't much in the cupboards. We won't be more than an hour or two."

Slipping her bag across her body, she pecks Gwilym's lips, "I'll see you in a bit. Love you!" She shouts as she leaves the room.

Heading to the nearest supermarket, Brianna buys three tests then goes to the toilet at the back of the store. Amelia waits with her until the few minutes are up, "You look, I can't," Brianna bites her lip nervously.

Amelia looks down at the tests and smiles, "Positive, positive and positive, the clear blue test says 3 weeks plus. Your pregnant Brie."

"Holy..." The redhead looks at the tests herself tearing up, "I'm pregnant. I need to tell Ben."

"Yes, you do but we need to get some groceries first." They do actually need some food for the week that's why she suggested it, "While we're shopping you can figure out a plan."

Brianna wraps the tests in some paper and puts them in her bag, as they're walking around Brianna picks up a gift bag to put the tests in, "I want to surprise him but not just back at the apartment, somewhere special."

"Well, Gwilym and I are planning to take Freddie and Taylor to Central Park this afternoon for a picnic. Why don't you two come with us but then spilt off on your own for a while, find somewhere quiet in the park to tell him." Amelia wished she could have done something special when it came to telling Gwilym but she'd been too excited to wait.

"That's not a bad idea." After finishing the food shop, they go back to the apartment.

Later that afternoon the group walk in the direction of Central Park, "We're going to split off from you for a bit," Brianna speaks up when Gwilym and Amelia found a spot on the grass near the park Freddie is playing on.

"Are we?" Ben frowns, just about to sit down.

"Yep, come on," She smiles linking her hand with Ben's pulling him in the direction of the nature trail.

"What's going on?" Gwilym eyes his wife suspiciously after they're gone, Taylor is sat in front of him running her hands through the grass, babbling away to herself.

Laying back, Amelia rests her head in his lap looking up at him, "If I tell you, promise you won't say anything until they tell you?"

"You know I'd never," He plays with her hair glancing down at her before looking back to where Freddie is playing.

"Brie's pregnant."

He smirks, "I knew you were going to stay that. Is that why she's lead him away from us? To tell him?"

"Yeah. She only took the test at the store this morning... oh hello," Amelia chuckles as Taylor has now got bored of playing with the grass and she's crawled over to Gwilym's lap.

He lifts her into his lap in the space that's left and Taylor runs her tiny hand through Amelia's hair. Grinning, Amelia kisses her daughter's cheek, the girl then curls up resting her head on Amelia's shoulder promptly falling asleep.

Ben and Brianna rejoin the little family about half an hour later the pair beaming, Ben couldn't contain his excitement blurting out the news the moment they sat down.

------

Gwilym wolf whistles when he walks into the bedroom to see if Amelia is ready to go, "Wow."

"You like it?" Amelia grins, meeting his eyes in the mirror.

"Love it, you look stunning. Nice legs," He pecks her cheek. He's interrupted by Taylor's tiny shout from her spot on the bed.

Gwilym turns to the bed picking her up, adjusting the pink lace dress she is wearing, "Oh I'm sorry. You look pretty too, cutest girl in the world." She cuddles into his hold, happy in her dad's arms.

"Big softy," Amelia teases, finding it enduring how quickly he drops everything for his little girl.

"Mum! Charlie says taxi's here," Freddie shouts from the living room.

"We're coming baby."

Rosie and Joe's wedding was lovely and a cast reunion made it so much happier.

They made plans for the next meet up which would be after Christmas. Ben and Brianna keep their news quiet waiting until Brianna is a bit further along before saying anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 118 14
You've seen their individual stories but what if Amelia Mercury, Alice Taylor, Alyssia May and Lilliana Taylor grew up together?
1.2K 114 24
A spin-off book from Miss Mercury about Ben Hardy and Brianna Macey's story: if you haven't already, I would highly recommend reading Miss Mercury be...
4K 177 71
Ben has always imagined what it would be like if he could travel back in time to meet Queen in the 70s. But when it actually happens, he is not prepa...
19.1K 727 110
Happening between the year of 1971 and 2000, this story follows the first known Roger Taylor's groupie and how she wasn't exactly a groupie. The life...