Contractually Yours

Oleh AynaReads

The very handsome and smart heir of the billionaire company 'Russell Hotels'- Adrien Russell, was generous en... Lebih Banyak

•NOTE•
•Characters•
1• You're safe with me
2• The billionaire with a brunette
3• You are really beautiful
4• Marry him
5• I can be your boyfriend
6• You're more than a friend
7• I will marry you
8• He is mine!
9• Till death do us part
10• Mrs. Russell
11• Marriage? It's a Deal!
12• Friends, Family & Love
13• Just how fast the night changes
14• A soul to rely on
15• The unseen truth
16• Make it Right
18• Down the Memory lane
19• What feels like home
20• A pinch of love
21• What do you want?
22• The teasing game
23• A bright beginning
24• Birthday Bash
25• The rhythm of the heart
26• Shopping Buddies
27• The feelings on the surface
28- Part I• Three Words, Eight Letters
28- Part II• Can't keep myself from falling
29• Several broken hearts
30• It's for the best
31• All over again
32• The devil behind
33• Stay Forever
34• Off to Bali
35• Drunk-stal
36• Troubled Morning
37• The fun continues
38• Birthday Husband
39• Bound by Love
40• Back from the dreamland
41• Heart Strings
Epilogue- Best life a man can have
Thank You

17• Be my date

7.6K 268 14
Oleh AynaReads

 🔹🔹Crystal Russell 🔹🔹

I ran a hand over my curves through the clothes, scanning myself in the mirror. I wore a wine colour crop top with spaghetti straps and a sweetheart neckline along with a white pencil skirt.

"Crystal! Come On." I heard Adrien call from outside the room as I was wearing my accessories.

"I am coming." I yelled back and quickly wore my white sneakers before leaving the room. "I am ready." I called him.

"Finally." He turned around as his eyes fell on me, he scanned me from top to toe with his mouth parted. I suddenly felt a bit conscious by his reaction and awkwardly brushed my fingers through my hair while moving closer to where he was.

I pleased my eyes with his insanely handsome looks. He wore a greyish t-shirt and pants, paired with a blue blazer and styled his hair perfectly, making his features stand out.

"Let's go then." He snapped out of his trance and started walking to the main door. I matched my pace with him and we seated ourselves in his car. For the first few minutes, the drive was silent with just some soft music until Adrien broke it.

"You look good." I looked at him as he said that. His eyes did not leave the road.

"Thank you." I said and looked back outside the window. I wanted to keep some sort of conversation going so I asked, "What movie are we watching?"

'Um.. it's a horror movie." And the color of my face drained out.

"WHAT?!" I screeched, making Adrien wince.

"Ow! My ears! What's wrong with you?" He hissed and looked at me.

"Ho-horror movie?" I asked absentmindedly as my thought drifted to the last time I watched one and I shuddered.

Those inhumane creatures I call my friends will rot in hell for doing that to me.

"Is there a problem?" I heard Adrien ask. I turned towards him and he paid a glance.

"C-can we watch some other movie?" I asked, praying to the lord that he would agree.

"Why? We already have tickets for the movie." He shrugged and I cursed under my breath.

"I am sure you won't have a problem getting another pair of tickets." I gave him a tight-lipped smile and he frowned lightly.

"No. But I want to watch this movie. I saw the trailer, it looked pretty good."

"But I don't want to." I yelled in frustration and he hissed again, pressing his hand to his ear. I bit my tongue and looked in the front.

"Why not? Don't tell me you are scared." He chuckled and I immediately retorted back.

"No, I'm not!" He turned to look at me in amusement then looked back on the road. "I just- don't like them." I muttered.

"Because you are scared." I chuckled again, this time making me glare at him.

"They disgust me." I said and he frowned with a tiny smirk. "Why would Aunt Margaret decide to give us tickets to a horror movie for a date." I groaned. It was a ridiculous idea. Dates are supposed to be romantic or at least enjoyable. Not to ruin someone's day.

"That's who Margaret George is. She does the most unexpected things at the most unexpected moments. That's why she is my favourite." Adrien giggled. I too wanted to but the horror in my mind didn't let me.

"If you are scared, we can watch something else." I looked at him, pleased with his concern for me. But that annoying mustard had a sly smirk on his face. He was teasing me. I huffed in annoyance and closed my eyes.

It's been 7 years since that incident. I am much bolder and stronger now. I fought my way through a gang of goons, what can a stupid horror movie do? Maybe it won't scare me as much I think. Besides, my ego was too big to admit to Adrien that I was actually scared.

I took a deep breath. "I am not scared. Let's watch it." The determination in my voice sounded problematic to me.

"Sure?" He glanced at me and before my mind would have any second thoughts, I agreed sternly. "Yes."

🔹🔹🔹

It's okay. It's just a movie. It's not real. You're strong enough, Crystal. It's okay...

I've been chanting this continuously for the past thirty minutes. That is, from when the movie began. It was The Conjuring 3 that we were watching. Adrien sat on my right while we both enjoyed the movie. Note the sarcasm.

I was munching on my tomato popcorn when a scene in which a young boy, who was on top of a tree, trying to cut a branch sees something weird through a window in a house. I flinched hard when he absentmindedly mishandled the electric wood cutter and it almost had him sliced.

In fear, my right hand landed on the arm rest and I gripped it tightly. I realized that it wasn't an arm rest but Adrien's arm after all when he turned his hand and laced his fingers with mine. I was aware of the movements but did not react as I was focused on the movie.

Why? you ask.

Because One, I had to show Adrien that I ain't a scaredy cat like he claimed me to be.

And Two, I was insanely curious about the movie.

I felt his constant glances at me. I tried to keep an unbothered face but I knew I was failing.

A few minutes later, there was one scene in the movie where the same boy was alone in the large house. He noticed a weird black hole in one of the walls. And just like every stupid character of a horror movie would do, he peeped into that creepy hole. I squinted my eyes, knowing there was something terrifying coming up but to my surprise, nothing did.

Just like me, the boy was relieved and stood straight. Just as he turned around a scary man-

"BOOWW!!"

"AaaaaHhhhhhh" I flinched and threw all the popcorn in the tub in fear. I kept my palm over my chest, feeling my rapid heart beat as I breathed hard.

What the hell just happened?

I looked up to see all the people in the theatre looking at me. Few with an annoyed scowl, few shaking their head in disappointment and few chuckling at my stupidity.

I realized what was going on when I heard suppressed laughter from my right.

That goddamned blue-eyed son of a fridge who also happened to be my husband was laughing like a chained maniac after scaring and embarrassing me in front of a whole crowd.

I angrily emptied the popcorn tub on him and hit him with it mercilessly but his laughter didn't stop. I was embarrassed to even look up at the screen. I ducked my head down and I felt the empty popcorn tub plopped on my head. Angrily, I removed the tub off my head and glared at Adrien who was still laughing. I threw it on his face and without a second thought, strided out of the theatre.

I had had enough.

As I came out, I breathed deeply, thankful to the lights outside. The dark theatre was suffocating. I stood still when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Still not over the movie, I flinched and turned around to see the man I currently wanted to kill.

"It's me. Relax." He said. I jerked his hand away and started hitting his arms and chest.

"Why did you do that? Huh? It was embarrassing. Why!!!??" I whined in frustration.

"Hey!" Adrien held my wrist tightly, stopping me from hitting him anymore. I kept on trying to get out of his hold while squirming but he tightened it further and pulled me flushed to his chest. I stopped moving when his forehead touched mine.

"I'm sorry, alright. I didn't know you would be so frightened." He said looking in my eyes with seriousness and I relaxed a bit as my anger cooled down.

But it came back rushing as Adrien opened his mouth again. "It was damn funny, though." He left my wrists and moved back while holding his stomach and laughing crazily.

Jerk.

I began hitting him again but he escaped.

"Okay okay okay, Sorry. Seriously, sorry." He zipped his lips with an action and locked it in the corner before giving the imaginary key to me. If I wasn't irritated, I would have laughed at his childish behaviour.

But right now, I knew better. I pushed his hand away and the imaginary key went flying to god knows where. I folded my arms against my chest and huffed.

"I'm sorry, Crys." I rolled my eyes at his buttering voice as he held my arms. "Okay forget it. Do you want to watch something else? A comedy or romance movie maybe?" He asked, this time actually being apologetic.

"No, thanks." I moved back, away from his hold.

"Then, shall we go and have dinner?" He asked again but I wasn't really hungry so I declined. Giving up on cheering me up, he asked me to sit in the car and we drove off.

I thought we were going back home but instead, he took a different route to which I wasn't familiar.

"Where are we going?" I asked grumpily.

"You will see." That was all he said and continued driving. I too, didn't question further and enjoyed the cool breeze hitting my face. As we drove further, the roads were emptier and barely a vehicle or two would be in sight. The weather had become cooler and goosebumps raised on my neck as the freezing wind hit me through the open window.

It was chilling, yet I did not shut the windows. I felt relaxed as my hair played with the wind. We were on a turn of a dark road when Adrien pulled over very near to the bushes in the corner. I frowned at his choice of place. A cold, dark, lonely middle of nowhere.

He got out and I followed him in front of the car only to get knocked out of breath at the scenery in front of me. It was a cliffside surrounded by bushes from where you could see almost the whole city. The moon shone and the stars twinkled in the dark sky and city lights shimmering like glitter.

"Wow." I gasped.

"Beautiful, right?" I heard Adrien beside me but I couldn't take my eyes off the sight.

"It's spectacular."

We gave ourselves a minute of silence taking in the view. I felt so relaxed. "Let's sit somewhere." Adrien said and I looked around for a place to sit.

"But where?" I couldn't find any place, not even a stone or something and since we were already very close to the edge to the cliff, I didn't want to sit on the ground. While I was still thinking, Adrien came in front, hovering over me.

Before I could question his actions, he held my waist with both his hands and lifted me up making me squeak. I put my hands on his shoulders for support. My eyes were wide and I felt heat rush to my cheeks when he placed me on the hood of his car. And as if it was nothing, he casually seated himself beside me.

I need a disclaimer before he does something like this.

I crossed my legs and sat comfortably on the hood as Adrien's clothed arm brushed my bare one. The wind had grown colder and I felt goosebumps on my skin.

"I found this place a few years ago." Adrien started speaking. "I come here often but just alone."

I looked at him while his eyes were on the city lights. "Then why did you bring me here?" He glanced at me then turned his head away.

"Because I guess, you deserve to feel relaxed after what I did to you." He chuckled, proud of his deed and all I could do was roll my eyes.

A blow of strong wind passed through us and I rubbed my arms to give it some warmth. I was gazing at the twinkling lights when I felt some heat around me. When I glanced at my side, I had to hold my breath at the closeness of Adrien's face to mine. He was wrapping his blazer around me, not paying attention to our proximity while I stared into his blue eyes that were still glowing in the dark sky.

"You should have worn something warm." He muttered, moving away from me.

"I-I forgot to bring a jacket along. Thanks." I smiled at him. 

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Hey buddies!

Make sure to leave lots of comments and DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE. 

Love ya, See you on Friday. 

Also follow me on INSTAGRAM for the 'SNEAK PEEKS' of the upcoming chapters. '_realayna' is the ID

⭐👇

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

10.5M 485K 53
Elena will do anything to save her very ill mother from dying. She has no choice but to plead for help from her wealthy ruthless grandfather, who bru...
3.7K 152 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
12.2M 408K 39
#1 in romance genre (1stJan - 8th Jan.) ( Again placed #1 in romance in Feb) Aaron got up from his seat and walked round the table towards her while...
953K 29.7K 55
Upon first meeting, Damon Valero is surprised to be struck by Dr. Seira Carter. Not only is she pretty, she is as modest and intelligent. But she re...