I Promise, I'll Leave! But, W...

By MishaBonnellac

In order to flee from the hellish Shevaria Ducal Household, Melissa Ernel von Shevaria enters the Imperial Pa... More

N/A
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Notice
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51; Beginning of Season 2
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 91; Beginning of Season 3
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 115.5
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131(N/A)

Chapter 90

187 10 2
By MishaBonnellac

Chapter 90: Viola's Diary

Year XXXX, July 19,

Today, I have been assigned into a different post.

From being an average maid at the Shevarias, I became a personal attendant of the person that the other servants often addressed as 'substitute' when the Duke wasn't around.

According to the rumors, she was an orphan of common birth brought to the mansion due to her similar features to the deceased young lady of Shevaria. Her reputation didn't seem so good either due to her background. I suppose, that reason should be more than enough for me to say that I shouldn't get involved too much with her issues.

Apparently, it was the lady herself that chose me to be her personal maid. As far as I can remember, there were no interactions between the lady and I, so I find it doubtful as of how she came to know of me. But regardless of that, I must fulfill my duties well.

That applies even if we don't get along, in particular.

Year XXXX, July 20,

Today was my first meeting with the lady.

There were two things that I was ascertained of as soon as we've finished our interactions. First is that the lady doesn't quite like it when she's addressed as 'Lady Sherryl'. For that, she restricted me from calling her that way, at least when there isn't anyone around.

Second, is that we'll never get along except for when there's business. From this experience, I soon understood that milady also had a nasty side dwelling within her.

However, I could read from her eyes that she's not a bad person. Sure enough, there's a reason behind her actions.

But how dare a mere maid like me to poke into my master's matters?

Year XXXX, August 13,

I can hardly think that milady is truly a child of her age. Rather, I'd like to question what that child has gone through before she's been adopted into the Shevarias.

I somehow felt a sense of relief that she has regarded me as someone close to an ally. And I was thankful of how I preferred to remain neutral among the servants. If not, I must've ended up just like the head butler that was demoted from his position today.

Thinking that, a peculiar incident came into my mind.

A maid called Helen has been kicked out of the Dukedom on her first day to serve the current lady of Shevaria. I'm guessing, but could it be...?

Year XXXX, October 01,

The sky was clear, and the trees were becoming orangey, bit by bit.

I began my day with the thought that everything would proceed as usual today, but... it seems, that wasn't the case at all.

During the afternoon, I've entered milady's room at a wrong timing. The next thing I knew it, I've already witnessed a very frightening sight.

The lower part of the lady's eyes looked red. I was certain that those were traces of her, crying in the room, all alone.

Her right hand grasped a shard that engraved a wound on her skin, causing her to bleed. I could picture what exactly happened from the wretched state of the stuffed toy and the scattered fragments of a broken vase, down the floor.

As soon as milady noticed my presence, she ordered me to destroy the evidence not long after, with her usual bribery. I'm not sure why I didn't feel like accepting the money that time, even when it benefitted me. Perhaps, I was a bit overwhelmed of the situation. But, one thing's for sure...

No matter how small it was, I somehow began to have sympathetic feelings toward milady from the desolate profile that she showed me, that moment.

Year XXXX, January 31,

The cold atmosphere brought by winter was slowly subsiding. Today turned out to be a peaceful day, following the usual, common days.

This afternoon's milady caught my attention for a bit. I found myself a new sight by seing how milady's eyes were blinded by envy as she watched the three from below; The duke, the duchess, and the young master's blissful faces while they gathered for a tea party as a complete family.

I may have defined the three as a complete family, but it was inevitable that they were forgetful of the existence of one person, who was supposed to be a part of them as well.

And that one person has been watching them from afar with a sense of jealousy. Yet they're just right down there as though they were feigning their ignorance of this fact.

This  unfairness must've directly hurt milady's feelings...

Year XXXX, February 23,

Today was milady's birthday party.

Things turned out quite rowdy, but it was easily solved with milady creating another scene, to her amusement. Though, his grace and the young master gave her some back-up, in terms of her authority.

I thought the day would end would a good resolution, but it went into a different route of development.

This was the second time I saw the bottom of milady's eyes turning red. It seems like something happened when she dined with his grace and the young master.

I couldn't bring myself to nonchalantly ask her of what happened. After all, she still had that thick wall surrounding her figure. I mustn't unnecessarily pry into milady's matters when she, herself, doesn't feel like opening it up to others.

At least, to me, that's what it means to respect my master's decisions, as her personal maid.

Year XXXX, February 24,

Rumors quickly spread about what happened to the lady and the masters last night. They said the lady cut off her ties with Shevaria, on her own proposition.

I didn't know whether I should feel amazed or concerned of milady, upon hearing the situation. Even if I chose to feel concerned of her, I didn't know what kind of things should I do for her sake, since I didn't know much when it came to that kind of component.

All I could do was to finally understand... that milady has been such a very pitiful person.

And that I was too late to realize how much she's suffered all this time...

Year XXXX, September 06,

Today, sad news came in. Apparently, the Duchess of Shevaria has been proven guilty of her crimes and was banished from the Empire.

Lady Melissa told me not to question anything about the events that would unfold, but... it seems like not everything was a part of their plans, seeing how milady wore that kind of reaction till bedtime.

I have always watched milady and the Duchess as they spent their time together, reading books and chatting about interesting things to one another during their teatime, from afar. And they seemed so genuinely blissful with each other's presence, as though they were a true family.

To milady who was once an orphan, it must've hurt her a lot that the person who filled in the 'mother' role in her life disappeared just like that.

No wonder I could hear her whimpering during bedtime as soon as I left and closed the door...

Year XXXX, September 07,

Today, when I was cleaning milady's room while she was out after being summoned by his grace, the duke, this morning, I saw something I shouldn't have seen.

There was a kitchen knife under one of the pillows on milady's bed.

It was an object that wasn't supposed to be there when I've made preparations for her sleep, last night, if my memory served me right. She must've sneaked into the kitchen after a while of pretending to be fast asleep.

But then, for what purpose did she bring such a dangerous thing into her room? I didn't want to ponder deeply about the possibility.

Because of my anxiousness, I ended up bringing the knife with me, and sneakily brought it back to the place where it should've been, at the kitchen. It was a rash course of action, but what else could I have done?

As if I could just pretend that I saw nothing when there's the possibility that she did it with the intention of killing herself.

The lady is still so young, and the thought that she's given up her life already despite her efforts and bravery all this time affects me a lot. To be frank, I'm such a bold person to say something like that when I, myself, have done nothing to encourage her during the times that she's been carrying a heavy weight around her chest.

Still...... But still...!!

She's done her best, hasn't she? Isn't that more than enough? She's just way too pitiful now, with no one by her side, caressing her back while everyone in the mansion just looks at her as if she's but an eyesore, stabbing daggers on her mentality!

Hasn't she suffered enough already throughout these years?

I know it more than enough that it's pointless pouring out my thoughts and emotions in this stupid book. But if ever a God truly exists, I beg of you...

Please don't give up on milady...! Please...

Please end her suffering......

______________________________________

N/A:

♣We have finally reached this point, my dearest readers!!! 'I Promise, I'll Leave! But, With No Regrets!!''s 2nd Season has finally met its end!!!!!

♣The next chapters shall present the 3rd and final season of this novel, and I can promise you guys some better events and plot twists to occur from here on!! I hope everyone will continue to give their support and accompany us till the end of this long yet fleeting journey!!!

~Once again, ty very much for keeping up with this story's updates!!! ~ Well then, until next week!!!!! ,,> w <,,)/♥♥♦ ~

-MishaBonnellac-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 4K 67
Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had to, put Lizzie at the center of such repe...
770 204 41
Lilianne Marineau, aka Lili, a struggling writer like you and me, wakes up to find herself in the body of Arielle Dumont, the female protagonist in h...
636K 21.1K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
The Emperor's Phoenix By Y.P.

Historical Fiction

661K 26.3K 44
As Liu Ying Yue returns to her family home after many years, her step-mother secretly agrees to a political marriage with the emperor of the Shadow R...