the girl who lost things

By cherishzulia

jessie is trying to adapt to her life as a daughter of the bau after her mother gets a job there. She finally... More

the start
part two
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
wednesday
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
death
part twenty-one
part twenty-two
part twenty-three
part twenty-four
part twenty-five
part twenty-six
part twenty-seven
part twenty-eight
wednesday II
revival
part thirty-one
part thirty-two
part thirty-three
part thirty-four
murder
part thirty-six
part thirty-seven
part thirty-eight
part thirty-nine
part forty
part forty-one
part forty-three
part forty-four
part forty-five
part forty-six
part forty-seven
part forty-eight
part forty-nine
cold case
part fifty-one
part fifty-two
part fifty-three
part fifty-four
part fifty-five
part fifty-six
part fifty-seven
part fifty-eight
part fifty-nine
part sixty
part sixty-one
part sixty-two
part sixty-three
part sixty-four
part sixty-five
waves and ripples

part forty-two

1K 17 16
By cherishzulia

— jessie's pov
we all make a quick stop at the bau; me, Derek, and Penelope. It was the first time visiting Emily; London was too fun. I thought this long-distance stuff was gonna be challenging, but Emily told me it was just like having a mom in the military.

I called her anytime that I could, but recently she's been working on a case which means no calls. We exit the elevator and walk into the unit. A lady was supposed to be here to replace her.

I scan the area, nobody new. JJ and spencer give us hugs, and then a hear a slight sound of heels. It wasn't familiar; I turn my head. A brown-haired lady around her late 30's early 40's comes through the door.

" that's Alex."  spencer signals her to come over. " your mom's replacement." I look at him, a great way to word it, spencer; great way.

" Hello," She gives handshakes to Penelope and Derek. Penelope checks her up and down. She doesn't like to change. It took her a while to accept Emily's departure even longer than me.

" and you must be the mini Spencer Reid." she comes towards me. I like my own name. But I guess I let it slide. I don't want to be treated like a five-year-old.

" and you must be Alex." I put my hands toward her first. Which takes her by surprise; she seems authoritative. But she still shakes it.

" I've heard so many good things about you and your mom." I smile; what good things could they have talked about? my life has been literal hell. 

" oh! how is Emily?" spencer says with a smile across his face; he was practicing chess moves. I joined him; it was so weird how we could silently play chess so swiftly.

"she's great; she got assigned to a case. That's why we had to leave early," Derek says. I could feel spencers eyes on me. But I just stared at the game board. I hear hotch's shoes from behind me.

" welcome, back" a tiny smile wiped his face, followed with a thick file, ah another case.  he mouths the word sorry, and we all walk to the round-table room. Alex was behind me, but I could feel her glare. She was shocked that I was going with them. What's a fifteen-year-old doing looking at dismembered bodies when she should be outgoing to the mall and talking about boys.

Where did it all go wrong?

Everybody takes a seat; I got to the back where the couch was. that couch held so many memories. Garcia goes up to the front and clicks her remote. 

" three bodies found in Bethesda, Maryland." I hear the rustling of papers while the team flips through them. "30-year-old Macy Owens, 24-year-old Jennifer Montego, and 29-year-old Ashley Lewis were found in their homes with their n-neck slit open."  I look at the board; all the victims looked like dirty-blonde hair and petite; they also have similar ages.

" victimology seems the same," Rossi says, flipping through the case files. I look closer at the picture. At their dead bodies. There was something on their face.

" Penelope, can you zoom in on their faces." Penelope looks at me with the " why aren't you a normal teenager" face. She clicks her remote, and it reveals a beauty mark on the girl's face; she clicks again to the next lady, the same thing. Then again, the same thing.

Alex turns to look at me, probably surprised. " what's the likelihood of them having a beauty mark in the same place." JJ says.

" almost impossible, but in such a small area; it is impossible." spencer responds. I was waiting for him to spew facts about beauty marks through the ages, but he says nothing.

" Garcia, call the medical examiner and let her find out if those are real or not." Garcia nods as everybody closes the case-file.  " Bethesdas about a thirty-minute drive, everybody in your cars in thirty." hotch leaves. Following everybody except Alex. 

" This doesn't scare you?" she askes; we both walk out of the door together.

" I've been through and seen worse," I say, walking away into Garcia's office. I don't know how I feel about her yet. 

Garcia turns off the phone and calls me over, " remember how I was teaching you to run background checks." I nod. " well, I have to go get Sergio from the vet. he had a tummy ache. Can you run the background checks?" my heart paces; I've never done it unsupervised. But I still nod. She pats my back and leaves.

I sit on the chair and start clicking buttons, the right ones. first, go through their socials.

-- derek's pov

I was riding with Alex and JJ; there was traffic. " Jessie surprised me." I hear Alex say; I turn to the back where she was sitting. 

" yea, it's kinda her specialty,"  I say, smiling and looking at my phone; this seemed like a quick case; for some reason. I would be able to make it back to show savannah her surprise.  I dial Garcias' number. " what do you get, mama?" 

"it's Jessie," she says, clearing her throat. I laugh, and I could hear everybody else laughing. " Penelope had to go do something, but a ran your background checks."

" go on..."

" they are squeaky clean on the enemies' side like they are your definition of pretty, nice blonde girls." JJ turns her face towards me. 

" but-"

" but, they were knee-deep into online dating. like it was the center of their world, and with some small help of over the phone Penelope, I was able to find a guy that all the girls had rejected." 

" now, your talking. give us a name?"

" Justin Wainright." 

-- jessie's pov

" Jessie is defiantly a serious matter. He's 28 and lives at 834 Westchester lane. and I think I know what the beauty mark is about." I wait for dramatic effect. " his ex-girlfriend Vanessa Charles has one just like it. " 

" you did great, Jessie. ok! and stay up cause I have a surprise for you and savannah." I smile. " bye, love you." 

"bye." I hang up the phone. What could the surprise be? I walk into the break room. There were pop tarts on the counter a. Take a pack and open them. Emily should be off her case now.

I dial her number; it rings and rings. No answer. 

It's fine. She's probably still working.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1.3K 37
As a new additon to the BAU team, you are happy that you get along with the team just fine. But you worry every day they find out the truth about you...
71.9K 1.2K 32
❝ The difference this time, Hotch, is that I didn't have to worry about losing you. You were already gone in the first place. ❞ Working in a team of...
176K 3.5K 12
When 4 girls mysteriously go missing from their hometown, the BAU is called out to work the case but nobody expected one of the girls to have a conne...
85.9K 1.8K 29
You and Emily met at the BAU when she transferred back from Interpol after Hotch had hired you a few months before. You fit right into the team when...