the girl who lost things

By cherishzulia

jessie is trying to adapt to her life as a daughter of the bau after her mother gets a job there. She finally... More

the start
part two
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
wednesday
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
death
part twenty-two
part twenty-three
part twenty-four
part twenty-five
part twenty-six
part twenty-seven
part twenty-eight
wednesday II
revival
part thirty-one
part thirty-two
part thirty-three
part thirty-four
murder
part thirty-six
part thirty-seven
part thirty-eight
part thirty-nine
part forty
part forty-one
part forty-two
part forty-three
part forty-four
part forty-five
part forty-six
part forty-seven
part forty-eight
part forty-nine
cold case
part fifty-one
part fifty-two
part fifty-three
part fifty-four
part fifty-five
part fifty-six
part fifty-seven
part fifty-eight
part fifty-nine
part sixty
part sixty-one
part sixty-two
part sixty-three
part sixty-four
part sixty-five
waves and ripples

part twenty-one

1.8K 34 7
By cherishzulia

— jessie's pov

I wake up the next morning and look outside. Grandma was here. I walk to her room, but she wasn't there. Maybe, she was in her office, and I was right. I could hear her chattering from behind the door. "Grandma?" I sit in silence for about a minute. " Yes, honey, come in." I open the doors; she looks stressed or distressed, one of those.

" Are you ok?" I say, playing with the metronome on her table." So you're going back to America!" She says, forcing a smile.

I respond with a smile back and hug her. " Moms of the case?" She nods and looks down at me." Your flight leaves in two hours! Go, get packed!" that's was awfully fast; she didn't even answer my question. I run into my room and pack my stuff. Making sure that I'm dressed and pampered. It's is like an 18 hours flight. In about an hour, I was ready. I drag my bags out to the front and put them in the car. I was only here for two weeks, that's good.

Grandma hops in the car and begins to drive. " What do you think mom is doing right now?" I ask her. She doesn't respond and takes a deep inhale. " What are you not telling me? Is everything ok?" I  look at her. " Your mom's still on a case, but- she'll be back soon." That's the last thing she says the rest of the ride.

We arrive at the airport and draw my bags to the line. " I love you," She says before the call my plans. She rarely says that. She's not the type to show much emotion. " I love you too." I walk down the aisle and give my luggage to the bag handler. " Seat 204," I whisper to myself, I find myself sitting next to a person around my age. I take my set and put my earphones in. The music plays and takes me to sleep.

I wake up and hear the PA announce something. " An hour till turkey." ahh, I forgot we had to make two stops. My stomach was growling. But I ate last night. I open a piece of gum and chew on it. I pull out my poetry book.

no one sees what you see,
even if they see it too

" you like poetry?" The girl sitting next to me says. I pull out my earphones and get a better look at her. " uh, yeah. I'm just getting into it." I smile. " you?" She continues to look at my bracelet, the red one—the one I impulsively bought because it shows your commitment to anorexia.

" Do you have an eating disorder?" She says off the bat, which just takes me by shock. Upon a closer sense, I could hear an accent very thick. Maybe; Norwegian. Her eyes were sunken, and I could see her cheekbones." I don't know." I say, feeling a bit awkward. " Why do you ask?" I try to make a small conversation. " It's obvious; we've been on a ten-hour flight, and you haven't eaten one thing and your bracelet, of course." I smile and look at her.

" I'm healthy," those words ring in my head like a bell. I am healthy. " Do you have an eating disorder?" I look into her sunken eyes.

" I'm recovering from anorexia." She smiles and takes my poetry book. maybe, Norwegians don't have a sense of privacy. " I came to Italy for treatment." She opens the first page. " It was that bad?" I feel a sense of remorse. She nods and continues reading. Then, the PA calls over the system. " Seatbelts buckled. We are landing!"

The girl closes the book. " don't make the same mistake I did. I lost 23 years of my life, worrying about what other people think." She says. By this time everybody was getting off the plane. Was she trying to scare me? I can handle myself. " Thank you," I reply. she doesn't know me.  I get my bags and exit out of the plane.

Flight 73 to Washington DC. I walk straight to the next plane and take my seat. No one yet. I plug in my headphones and listen to some Coldplay. I can't wait to see Emily; it was just an eight-hour flight. I've never been apart from her for so long.

I do remember 6th grade when I went to a retreat. Later that year, I got diagnosed with separation anxiety. So I close my eyes and get some shut-eye.

" Please, put your seatbelts on. We are landing!" I heard which shakes me up from sleep. I wipe my groggy eyes and look outside the window. It was a sunny city. Home. The plane lands, and I get my bags out and head to the pickup area. I was practically filled with joy. Walking, I could see the team, Derek, and the rest. I walk even faster and then stop about ten feet from them.

They didn't look happy. They looked sad. Emily wasn't there. " Where's mom?" Suddenly, my brain starts to reply itself; grandma crying looking like she's seen a ghost, me abruptly leavening and grandma saying I love you. " She's not working a case, is she?" Derek walks up to me. He shakes his head. She's dead.

Dead

" I'm so sorry, Jessie." Tears blind my sight. He reaches in to comfort me. But I pound his chest repeatedly. Fighting him; fighting the fact that she's dead. " No! No! No!" I scream. I take a few glances at the team. tears streaming down some of their faces. " no." I finally give in to his comfort and cry into his shoulders. My mom, my everything.

all that I am
or hope to be,
I owe to my
angel mother

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2.7K 19
After joining the BAU and becoming close friends with JJ, Y/N finds herself falling for her closest and best friend, all while trying to deal with a...
52.2K 1.2K 26
*Trigger warning: abuse mentioned throughout the story* Emily and JJ always had a thing while working in the BAU. Even though Emily has a boyfriend w...
81.4K 1.9K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...
85.7K 1.8K 29
You and Emily met at the BAU when she transferred back from Interpol after Hotch had hired you a few months before. You fit right into the team when...