the girl who lost things

By cherishzulia

jessie is trying to adapt to her life as a daughter of the bau after her mother gets a job there. She finally... More

the start
part two
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
wednesday
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
death
part twenty-one
part twenty-two
part twenty-three
part twenty-four
part twenty-five
part twenty-six
part twenty-seven
part twenty-eight
wednesday II
revival
part thirty-one
part thirty-two
part thirty-three
part thirty-four
murder
part thirty-six
part thirty-seven
part thirty-eight
part thirty-nine
part forty
part forty-one
part forty-two
part forty-three
part forty-four
part forty-five
part forty-six
part forty-seven
part forty-eight
part forty-nine
cold case
part fifty-one
part fifty-two
part fifty-three
part fifty-four
part fifty-five
part fifty-six
part fifty-seven
part fifty-eight
part fifty-nine
part sixty
part sixty-one
part sixty-two
part sixty-three
part sixty-four
part sixty-five
waves and ripples

part eight

4K 59 16
By cherishzulia

Emily's POV

I quietly open the door, motioning for everyone to enter with hushed excitement. Spencer, Derek, JJ, Hotch, Penelope, and Rossi slip into Jessie's room, their expressions alight with anticipation.

"Happy birthday!" we all shout, startling Jessie awake from her deep slumber.

"Huh?" Jessie rubs her eyes, momentarily disoriented. As she recognizes each member of the team, her face lights up with a mixture of surprise and delight. "Oh, wow. Thank you!" Her voice trembles with gratitude as she tries to take in the moment.

Jessie's POV

The whole team is here, and it feels incredible! I blow out the candles on my birthday cake, but they light back up. I try again, and the trick candles continue to flicker. "It's trick candles; they did the same thing on my birthday," Reid explains with a smile. "Give them one more blow, and that should do the trick."

I take a deep breath and blow out the candles one last time. They finally extinguish, and everyone erupts into cheers and laughter. "Go get ready; we'll be in the dining room," Mom says, patting my back gently.

One by one, they leave the room, allowing me to savor the moment alone. Thirteen years old already. I glance at my reflection in the mirror, noticing the subtle changes—more grown-up, more aware. After brushing my teeth and taking a quick shower, I dress in a simple graphic tee and jeans, ready to start the day.

"There she is!" Rossi's voice booms as he scoops me into a bear hug, his affectionate nickname making me smile. "Giorno Felice," he adds with a grin, his warmth spreading to me.

"Happy day," Spencer chimes in from the table. I join them at the island, where Emily hands me a slice of red velvet cake with whipped cream icing—my favorite. "This is the only time I allow cake in the morning," she jokes, indulging in a slice herself.

As we eat, Derek reminisces about his own teenage years, prompting laughter from everyone. "Oh, we all know what you were doing when you were thirteen," Mom teases, and the room fills with infectious laughter, even Hotch joining in with a rare smile.

"Thanks, you guys, so much," I say, clearing the plates and taking them to the sink.

Penelope claps her hands excitedly, "Presents time!" She hurries to the sitting area, where the gifts are waiting. Grabbing a large bag, she announces, "Mine first."

Mom grabs the camera, capturing the moment as I eagerly unwrap Penelope's gifts—baby tees, jewelry, and a Nickleback vinyl. "How much did this cost?" I ask, overwhelmed by her generosity.

"I can afford it for my favorite niece," Penelope says playfully, winking at me.

"I'm your only niece," I laugh, hugging her tightly. "Thank you so much."

"Bambina," Rossi calls, handing me an envelope and whispering, "Don't open this in front of your mother." I giggle and give him a hug, whispering back, "Grazie."

"You've been learning your Italian!" Rossi beams, embracing me once more.

Eager to continue, Reid raises his hand, "Can I go next?" He swiftly hands me a box, explaining, "We thought this would be a good present."

I tear open the wrapping, revealing a Bob Ross acrylic paint set. My eyes widen in surprise. "No way," I gasp, before turning to hug Reid tightly. His awkwardness melts away as he embraces me warmly.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I reply softly, releasing him and catching Emily mouthing "thank you" to Reid.

"I guess I'm next," JJ says, presenting a medium-sized box. "Open it." Inside is a vinyl player and a few vinyl records. "Thank you so much, JJ," I say gratefully, leaning in for a hug. Unfortunately, her phone rings, and she steps away, leaving me slightly awkward.

"Okay, okay. Let me show y'all a real present," Derek says with a grin, handing me another envelope. "Come on, open it." Inside are two tickets to a One Direction concert.

"No way!" I jump in excitement. "No way, no way!"

"I told you she'd love it," Derek chuckles as I tackle him into a hug. "I knew you would like it," he says warmly.

Hotch and JJ return, their expressions serious. JJ whispers to Emily, and Hotch taps my back gently. "I'm not leaving until you open this," he says, handing me a small box. Inside is an FBI ID card with my name on it.

"Is this real?" I ask in disbelief, quickly clipping it onto my shirt.

"Yes, this just gives you clearance to enter the building anytime you please without going through the long wait," Hotch confirms, his smile small but genuine. I hug him tightly, feeling an overwhelming rush of gratitude before releasing him, mindful of his reserved nature.

"If that's all, I didn't want to cut this day short, but we have a case," Hotch says regretfully, a shift in the room's atmosphere. The team sighs collectively, starting to gather their things. Everyone says their last "goodbyes" and "happy birthdays." I respond with heartfelt thanks before seeing them off.

"Your present is coming when I get back, okay!" Mom says, playfully tapping my nose before rushing into her room to get ready. "You go straight to dance practice, you hear me?"

"Yes, Mom," I agree, pulling on my leotard. "Then we'll go to the mall with Garcia."

"Good," she says, stepping into my room. "You're getting thinner?" She asks, kissing my head gently.

"Yeah, dance is a workout," I reply, forcing a laugh. Finally, I slip into my joggers and jacket.

"Okay, remember you're beautiful and happy birthday," she says, already heading out the door. I smile, knowing she's likely already in her car by now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 2.5K 41
8 years before JJ met Will she had a one night stand with a man she met at a bar and got pregnant with a baby girl. What happens when she is kidnappe...
304K 6K 38
Spencer is missing and it's up to the BAU to get him back. But when her and the team digs up information on him they weren't meant to see, it turns h...
64.9K 1.3K 37
As a new additon to the BAU team, you are happy that you get along with the team just fine. But you worry every day they find out the truth about you...
125K 2.6K 12
A videotape of a kidnapped victim was sent to the BAU, with no much time they have to find him before it's too late. But something is wrong with Spen...