Miss Mercury

By Ahsoka98

Amelia Mercury reborn, follow her on a journey filled with the highs and lows that come with being the daught... More

Cast List and Intro
Amelia
Settled
Visits
Live Aid
Studio
Fears
Little Helper
First Christmas
Birthday
Helping Out
Adventures
Father's Day
Threes
Doctors
Disneyland
Aids
Changes
A Glimpse of the Future
Bonding
Nursery
A Friend
Brit Awards
Interview
The Theatre
The Time Has Come
Saying Goodbye
Moving Forward
Blue Christmas
New School
Histories Biggest Send-Off
Angry
Roses
Sisters
Made in Heaven
Decision Time
Audition: Part 1
Audition: Part 2
Acceptance
Moving Out
Adjusting
Teenager
Baby Sister
Induction
Babysitting
We Will Rock You
Showcase
Offer
Cardiff
New Feelings
First Date
Opening Night
Poorly
Christmas Eve
A Place of My Own
Loss
Best Surprises
Unexpected
Broadway
Keeps Getting Better
End of an Era
Tony Awards
Take a Chance
Meeting the Family
Agent
Australia
New Decade
Change in the Atmosphere
Frightened
Help!
Explanation
Court
Planning
Premiere
Announcement
Forget
Boy or Girl?
Fed Up
Baby: Part 1
Baby: Part 2
Visitors
Adam Lambert
Home Again
Touring
Olympics
Holiday
Another Legend
Hello and Goodbye
Script Read
Baptism of Fire
Night Out
Aftermath
Prank
Parents
Night In
Garden Lodge
His Parents
Hollywood
Engaged
AWOL
Girl's Day Out
Argument
Family Christmas
Last Day
Valentine's Day
Wedding Day: Part 1
Wedding Day: Part 2
Honeymoon
A/N: Coming Soon
Reality
Sick?
Telling
Bohemian Rhapsody
Christmas with the In-Laws
Award Shows
Mood Swings
Another Wedding
It's Time
Adjusting to a Newborn
Fathering Sunday
New York
Pandemic
Sheer Heart Attack
A Baby Boom
Positive
Prince
D-Day
A Reunion
New Book!!!
Spin-Off

New Year's Eve

879 29 18
By Ahsoka98

Please answer the question at the end. Also we reached the 10K+ reads mark, thank you so much xx

The 30th of December Amelia was excited to be back in Cardiff. She checks into her hotel and heads back out to meet Gwilym at their favourite restaurant.

She pulls into the car park it's dark out but she can see him stood outside wearing the jacket she brought him. Locking her car she raced over to him and he catches her with ease wrapping his arms around her waist, "I've missed you," He whispers into her shoulder.

"I've missed you too," This is going to be the hardest thing she's ever done but she pushes her thoughts aside wanted to enjoy her time with Gwilym. She links her fingers in his and they head inside.

They spend the entire evening talking about their Christmases then head back to Amelia's hotel after, "So you're coming to the show tomorrow?" She asks once they are in her room.

"Yes I brought my sister tickets as a Christmas present and she asked me to go with her. I finally get to see you on stage," He smiles cupping her face and leaning down to kiss her.

------

She rolled over in bed the next morning to find him lying on his side, fast asleep one arm around her waist. She leans in pressing a soft kiss to the corner of his lips, she's going to miss mornings like this. After lying there for a moment she sees the time and gets up for a shower.

Once showered and changed Amelia shakes Gwilym awake, "What time is it?" He yawns.

"Half-past ten. I need to be at the centre in an hour, I'm going down for breakfast if you want to come with me?" She informs him, sitting on the bed to tie her shoelaces.

He nods throwing the covers off, "Give me five minutes." After breakfast Gwilym walks with her to the Millennium centre, which is only five minutes away before leaving her to go and meet his sister.

Amelia isn't nervous this time, she's ready and waiting to go by the time the stagehand knocks on her dressing room door for the five-minute curtain call. After the backstage crew fit her mic she takes her usual spot.

Upon reaching the finale she felt sad that it's over but now she knows where she is going next, she's also excited. Heading off stage as the curtains come down she and Daniel do one last meet and greet with the children then head to their dressing rooms.

Just as she's taking her hair down there's a knock at the door, "It's open!" Amelia stands when Gwilym comes in followed by a woman who she assumes is his sister.

"Milly, this is my older sister Rhiannon. Rhiannon, this is Milly," He introduces them.

Rhiannon looks just like her brother, same eyes and smile, tall and slim but lighter long hair, "It's lovely to meet you, Milly, Gwil has told us all about you," Rhiannon greets her with a smile shaking her hand.

"Has he? All good things I hope," Amelia shoots Gwilym a teasing smile.

"Of course. You were brilliant by the way, I may be a 22-year-old woman but watching that I felt like a five-year-old again."

"Thank you, that means a lot," It's nice to hear from the audience point of view rather than her families, the compliment feels more real.

"Now I have to go, my boyfriend is waiting out front and we're heading back to Sutton. It was lovely to meet you and I'll speak to you soon Gwil?" Rhiannon kisses her brothers cheek and takes her leave.

"I like her. Has anyone ever told you how alike you look?"

"Every time someone meets us together," He chuckles rolling his eyes before looking her up and down, she's still in the yellow gown, "You look gorgeous by the way."

They are interrupted by another knock at the already open door, Emma is stood there smiling, "I'm sorry to interrupt, Milly. I just wanted to say well done for tonight and this is the script of Mamma Mia," She puts the script onto the table next to Amelia's bag, "Enjoy some time off before reading it and I'll see you on the 1st of February."

Amelia nods, "Thanks, have a good New Year." Once Emma pulls the door closed Amelia start to remove her dress and changes.

The cast are have been invited to the new year's eve party in the Millennium Centre hall and Gwilym is her plus one but they are going back to the hotel first for some sleep and food as the party doesn't start until ten.

"Mamma Mia?" Gwilym raises an eyebrow at the script she drops into her bag, "What part?"

"Sophie. It's in London on the West End," Amelia smiles sadly as she leads them towards the exit, Gwilym understands what that means and it solidifies the fact that they will be apart if they try to keep their relationship going.

"So we go our separate ways," He sighs not wanting that any more than she does.

Before Amelia can answer someone calls her name as they leave the building, she turns and a bright grin spreads across her face, "Jim?"

She lets go of Gwilym's hand and wraps the Irishman in a tight hug, "What are you doing here? You never said you were coming?"

Jim smiles, "I come to and see your theatre debut, Brian rang me to see if I wanted to join them on Christmas Eve but I wasn't sure what dates I could do because of work so I said I'd sort my own ticket. I managed to get one for today."

"You should have told me you were coming I could have met up with you before the show. Are you staying?"

"I was originally but there's been a forecast for heavy snow from tomorrow so I'm getting an earlier plane back. Besides your busy," He gestures to Gwilym grinning.

Amelia blushes waving Gwilym over, "Gwilym is Jim Hutton, he was my dad's partner before he passed away and basically my stepdad. Jim this is Gwilym, my boyfriend." Jim doesn't need to know that as of tomorrow he won't be.

The two shake hands, "Pleasure to meet you, Gwilym."

"And you sir."

"How long do you have before your flight," Amelia asks. She's missed him greatly and would like to catch up but her hope is disappointed.

"I'm heading to the taxi transfer in a few minutes. I'm sorry we haven't had time to catch up but I'm glad I came, you were exquisite."

"I'll blame the weatherman but I'm staring in Mamma Mia from the end of February back in London, will you come?"

"West End already, I knew you would do well. I'd love to send me the dates and I'll be there. Now I must go before I miss my taxi," He gives her another kissing her forehead, "I'll talk to you soon."

------

"Milly, are you ready?" Gwilym calls to the bathroom tying his laces. His answer is the door opening he looks up as she walks out and wolf whistles, "You look stunning but you're going to freeze."

She rolls her eyes, "I've got tights on and I have my fur coat to put over the top, does that make you happy mum?"

"Yes," He chuckles holding his hand out, "Come on, we're already half an hour late."

"Emma said from ten, not be there for ten," She sprays some perfume on and links her hand with his, "I can't drink anyway so I'm not missing anything."

By the time they got there, the party is in full swing and most of the guests are already tipsy, "Now if you promise to handle your drink well and go nowhere near the bar, I will buy to a drink," Gwilym offers.

"I promise," She grins she only has four months until she can drink properly so what's the harm? She takes the drink from him when he returns, "I know I've promised but this would be my first ever drink so if I don't handle it well I'll blame you."

He rolls his eyes and they head to one of the tables where Daniel and Molly are sat, they promise not to breathe a word about her drinking, though Daniel was surprised to learn that she's not yet 18.

Around half-past 11 most of the party-goers head towards the civic centre for the fireworks at midnight, it was quite funny to watch as most of them are drunk by now and finding it hard to walk, especially for the girls in heels.

One of those people is Amelia after buying her a second drink Gwilym decided not to buy her any more alcohol, "Why don't you just take them off?" A drunk Molly slurs when Amelia complains for the third time that her feet hurt.

"Okay," Amelia agrees, stopping in the middle of the path to remove her shoes. Honestly, Gwilym's sure if he told her to go and swim in the docks she would do so at the moment.

Gwilym sighs he can't let her walk barefoot, it's new year's eve and there's bound to be a broken glass or bottle on the floor somewhere, "Right," He stops in front of her with his back to her, "Hop on, I'll carry you there."

She doesn't question it and climbs on his back when he bends down then he starts walking, she's not heavy at all so he carries her with ease. She wraps her arms over his shoulders giggling in his ear, "My knight in shining armour," She kisses his cheek.

He looks at her out the corner of his eye laughing, "You are such a lightweight." They reach the centre with five minutes to spare but he doesn't put her down until she asks him to.

Even with her fur coat on she was cold so she stood in front of him and he wraps one arm around her shoulder the other around her waist to keep her warm. Feeling content she leans back into him as the countdown begins.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2..." Amelia looks up at Gwilym when they reach one and he leans down to kiss her, "Happy New Year," She smiles when he pulls back. He returns her words pecking her lips again then they turn their attention to the fireworks.

Amelia didn't need to worry about calling her family because she rang them before she started getting ready to go out so after saying goodbye to Daniel and Molly, she and Gwilym head back to the hotel.

The next morning came around far too quickly for Amelia's liking, she was surprised to find she didn't have much of a hangover except being really thirsty but she woke before Gwilym and quietly gets her stuff together. She needs to leave in an hour but she leaves Gwilym to sleep as long as possible.

Once her stuff is packed and she's dressed, she shakes him awake having almost the same conversation as yesterday. He quickly gets dressed collecting everything that belongs to him and they head down for breakfast before Amelia checks out.

He walks with her to the car and helped her lift the case into the boot then she turns back to Gwilym, "I don't know what to say but I don't want to say goodbye," She admits eyes becoming watery, "It feels to final."

"Neither do I," He tries to laugh, "You sure we can't try the long-distance?"

"I'd love more than anything to say yes and it to magically work out somehow, but I don't want the pressure of long distance to ruin the amazing memories of the last five months."

He nods, "I don't want that either. I'm gonna miss you," He hugs her tight hiding his face in her shoulder.

Amelia wraps her arms around his shoulders and cries into them, "I'll miss you too."

"You know if you asked, I'd drop my studies in a heartbeat and come to London with you," He really would, he'd never ask her to give up her career in theatre because he knows it's her dream.

"Don't you dare, you finish your studies and when you're finished and move to London let me know, maybe we can meet up," The drop in his face tells her he's got the wrong end of the stick, "Don't get me wrong though, my heart would love you to do that but it would be selfish for me to make you give up your career just so I can follow mine. We're just in the wrong place wrong time at the moment but who knows, maybe one day we'll meet up again and it will be the right place and time."

She pauses wondering whether it's a good idea to say that next few words, "I do love you but promise me if you meet someone between now and the next time we meet, you'll give it a chance. I'd like to hope we'll meet again but if we don't I don't want you living alone."

"I'll say the same, you find someone then go for it but I love you too," He cups her face and seals her lips with his.

They struggled to let go of each other but eventually, Amelia gets in the car and drives away, only letting her sobs escape when she can no longer see him in her rear-view mirror. The first service station she got to her pulls into one of the parking spaces and cries.

After calming down a bit she unzips her bag on the passenger seat and at the top is the letter from her dad. She knew this was coming so she brought it with her:

Hello My Angel,

This is probably a hard letter for you to read and a hard one for me to write so I've kept it short.

You've just gone through your first break up and your heart will feel like it is breaking. I don't know the circumstances to which you have broken up but I can guess it's one of the following three:

If the guy has broken up with you and broken your heart then let Roger know he has my permission to break his face. No one messes with my little girl's heart and gets away with it but as a word of comfort to you, it's not the end of the world. If this is the case then he didn't deserve you and there's plenty more fish in the sea.

If you have broken up with him then good on you for knowing your own mind. Same again plenty more in the sea.

If it's a mutual break up then this is the hardest, if it's because it's just not working then well done for not dragging it on any longer. But if it's something keeping you apart then ask yourself if it's worth it? If it's something to do with your career getting in the way then I know that feeling. You've worked hard to get into theatre and it's your dream but remember life can be lonely if your on your own for too long. You and Jim came along at just the right time for me. Maybe know isn't the right time for you and this guy but maybe in the future, it will be.

No matter the circumstances don't be afraid to cry it out and once your done that pick yourself up and move on. Know that if I was there I would wrap you in a tight hug and cheer you up so I hope this has helped.

Keep looking and you'll find the right person one day.

All my love,

Dad xx

Letting the last of her tears fall she then takes her dad's advance, wiping the tears away and continues the journey home, ready to move on.

So I'm not going to go into much detail with Mamma Mia as I did with Beauty and the Beast, otherwise, some chapters are going to be repetitive. The next few chapters are going to move quickly.

QUESTION!!! If you could have Amelia sing one Queen song with Freddie which one would it be? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 418 66
When Ben Hardy, a 17 year old boy, gets kicked out of the house by his parents, he has nowhere to go. He roams the streets of London, not knowing wha...
15.9K 747 98
When Joe ends up in the hospital, Ben finds out that he has feelings for his best friend and fellow actor. Will he ever tell Joe? And what if an old...
356K 8.8K 105
Roger Taylor ~ <3 #1 in #BohemianRhapsody 10/1/19 Xx #1 in #RogerTaylor 12/1/19 Xx #1 in #Queen 20/1/19 Xx Several updates every day, so please read...