Letters to Luke » cake au [co...

Da paperxvalentines

“Who the fuck thought pen-pal therapy would be a good idea?” [contains swearing - trigger warnings] Altro

» prologue «
» 3rd of February 2014 «
» 6th of February, 2014 «
» 11th of February 2014 «
» 13th of February, 2014 «
» 16th of February, 2014 «
» 18th of February, 2014 «
» 21st of February, 2014 «
» 23rd of February 2014 «
» 28th of February, 2014 «
» 2nd of March, 2014 «
» 6th of March, 2014 «
» 8th of March, 2014 «
» 11th of March, 2014 «
» 15th of March, 2014 «
» 18th of March, 2014 «
» 20th of March 2014 «
» 24th of March, 2014 «
» 27th of March, 2014 «
» 29th of March, 2014 «
» 1st of April, 2014 «
» 4th of April, 2014 «
» 6th of April 2014 «
» 9th of April, 2014 «
» 11th of April, 2014 «
» 14th of April, 2014 «
» 18th of April, 2014 «
» 24th of April, 2014 «
» 26th of April, 2014 «
» 29th of April 2014 «
» 1st of May, 2014 «
» 3rd of May, 2014 «
» 5th of May, 2014 «
» 7th of May, 2014 «
» 9th of May, 2014 «
» 12th of May 2014 «
» 14th of May, 2014 «
» 18th of May, 2014 «
» 20th of May, 2014 «
» 22nd of May, 2014 «
» 24th of May, 2014 «
» 25th of May, 2014 «
» 29th of May, 2014 «
» 31st of May, 2014 «
» 2nd of June, 2014 «
» 4th of June 2014 «
» 6th of June, 2014 «
» 8th of June, 2014 «
» 10th of June, 2014 «
» 12th of June, 2014 «
» 14th of June, 2014 «
» 16th of June, 2014 «
» 18th of June, 2014 «
» 20th of June, 2014 «
» 22nd of June 2014 «
» 24th of June, 2014 «
» 26th of June, 2014 «
▷ 28th of June 2014 [2] ◁
» 1st of July, 2014 «
» 5th of July 2014 «
» 7th of July 2014 «
» 7th of July, 2014 [2] «
▷ 11th of July 2014 ◁
▷ 12th of July 2014 ◁
» 15th of July, 2014 «
» 17th of July, 2014 «
» 19th of July 2014 «
» 20th of July 2014 «
» 22nd of July, 2014 «
▷ 25th of July, 2014 ◁
» 30th of July, 2016 «
Turkish translation!

▷ 28th of June 2014 [1] ◁

2K 140 64
Da paperxvalentines

A/N: *whispers* If you don't already, you should read thatfangirlingfreak 's oneshots bc they're amazing ok bye (also this chapter is a little awkward I think)

[Luke.]

I gulped as I pulled into Calum's driveway. I can't ruin this. I need to calm down. My mind was reeling.

I checked the time before sighing. It was almost 1pm, so hopefully he would be awake. But just to make sure, I ended up spending an extra five minutes waiting in the car, running my hands over the steering wheel nervously.

Finally, I decided enough was enough, so I got out of the car and into the cool breeze. Wiping away my sweaty palms on my jeans, I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and made my way up to the front door.

I rang the bell twice then waited, rocking back and forth on my heels as I bit at my lip ring. I hope I don't wake him up...

Luckily, the door swung open moments later to reveal Calum slightly dishevelled, but awake nonetheless.

I gave him a smile which he returned, making my heart flutter. You fell too hard, too fast again, didn't you Luke? "Hey."

"Hi! Come in."

He stepped aside to let me in, and I kicked off my shoes before looking around the house. It was neat, slightly smaller than mine (which made sense) and on the walls were various framed photos.

I looked back at him, and he shrugged. "Do you want something to eat, or to drink?

"I'm okay," I smiled shyly.

"Oh good," he nodded, chuckling a little as he ran a hand through his hair. "My mum was completely ecstatic when I told her you were coming over, so she might end up feeding you your weight in whatever she decides to make today."

"Oh yeah?" I chuckled, raising an eyebrow and hoisting my bag higher up my shoulder. "Why's that?"

"Because I've never had a friend over since maybe year 2," he shrugged, smiling a little and looking at me, but his smile quickly fell into a look of confusion. "What happened to your- Your-" He gestured to his own nose, trying to find the word.

"Oh, my piercing?" I asked, and he nodded. "It's still there, but I just flipped it up. I didn't- Didn't want to make a bad impression..."

Calum chuckled, shaking his head. "My parents wouldn't have minded, you know. They've already seen the photos of you in your purple haired glory... Which actually looks better in person, by the way."

I had to turn my face and fake cough into my hand to avoid him from seeing the blush painting my face due to his words. "Uh, thanks mate."

He just nodded, before jerking his thumb towards the hallway. "Do you want to head to my room and start working?"

I nodded, trying to keep my thoughts platonic as I followed him down the short hallway and through a door covered in posters. The door was matching the walls of the room: I could barely see either anymore due to the vast amount of posters decorating them. I smiled to myself, sliding my bag off my shoulder.

Looking over to his desk, I noticed that he had pulled up another chair (probably from the dining table) and placed it in front of it. The desk wasn't very big, and I noted with yet another blush that we would be very, very close. Keep your thoughts friendly, Hemmings. He's your friend.

"Sorry it's a little messy," he apologised, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It really isn't," I answered, and I was being honest. His bed was made and his desk was clutter-free. All the pens were kept away in what seemed to be a very organised manner, and the only things on top of his cabinet were photo frames and a few books. Other than that, I didn't know what he could be referring to. The pile of clothes at the foot of the bed and on the bed itself were way too small to be considered a mess, and the stack of magazines by the desk were somewhat neat. The only way you could possibly call this messy is if you were referring to the posters, slapped haphazardly on top of another, and- Wait, hold up. Those are my photos! He had them taped up carefully on the wall in front of his desk, a huge contrast with the rest of the space on the walls. I tried not to blush for the third time.

He gave me a quick smile before walking over to his desk. "I think we should start... Before we get distracted, because that's bound to happen."

I laughed, agreeing with him.

* * * * * * * * * * *

I had offered to take the dining room chair, but Calum refused, insisting the office chair was more comfortable and "I sit there every single day for at least four hours. I can afford a change of scenery."

We had just started getting into the tricky stuff when I heard the front door open.

"Calum?" I heard a woman's voice call out, and he looked up.

"Yeah?" he called back.

"Are you busy? Can you help me with the groceries?"

"I'm coming!"

We both stood up, and when he noticed this, he shook his head. "No, um, you don't have to..."

"I don't mind, really," I smiled, and he nodded, giving me a tentative smile back.

I followed him out of the bedroom, and suddenly felt nervous and awkward. What would his mum think of me? She'll probably think I'm a bad influence and stop me from talking to Calum...

When I stepped into the kitchen, I was immediately met with a smiling face of a woman who was most definitely Calum's mum. I gave her a shy smile in response, instinctively shuffling my feet a little, and looked over at Cal. He had his hands in his pockets and his bottom lip tucked between his teeth, almost looking... Shy?

The silence was quickly broken when Calum's mum introduced herself to me enthusiastically, accompanied by a hug. "I'm so glad to finally meet you in person!" she gushed, letting me ho and smiling fondly at me, her hands still on my shoulders. "Anyways, you two come help me get the bags out of the car, it'll be faster like that."

We followed her out of the house and to the driveway, where her car was parked beside my mum's.

We were done quickly with the unloading, and Calum and I were going to head back to his room when his mum told us that she was planning on baking a cake and we had to come have a piece when it was done.

"A cake?" I asked Calum, raising my eyebrows.

"She makes cakes to celebrate," Calum explained, sitting back down at his desk.

"Celebrate?" I sat down beside him.

He just rolled his eyes at me."You, genius."

"Me?" I all but squeaked. Attractive.

"Yeah, you. My first friend over in ages, you know that. We went over this," he teased, and I smiled a little. "Plus, she likes to bake a lot over the weekend, when she isn't working. I think she does it for me, subconsciously, because before that she kept telling me I was just skin and bones to try and get me to eat properly... Um, anyways. Maths."

I didn't say anything more about the subject, and we got back to work.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Calum was good at explaining, I decided. Within two hours, I felt like I had finally understood the majority of what was going on. I think it was mostly his smile whenever I got something right that encouraged me, honestly.

When we had just finished and I was putting away my books, Calum's mum called us back to the kitchen. She had made a chocolate cake, and the smile on her face could actually rival Calum's, which I didn't think was even possible.

"I'm going to send a picture of this to Mali," Calum snorted, pulling out his phone. "She's going to be so jealous. She loves Mum's chocolate cakes."

Calum's mum just rolled her eyes fondly at her son, before directing her attention to me. "Did you two get any work done?"

"Oh yeah," I nodded eagerly, smiling back at her. "Calum's the best maths teacher I've ever had. I think he should be a maths teacher."

"Oh hell no," Calum laughed, and that's when I realised how easy this was. How natural. No, Luke, stop getting delirious. You're just friends.

The three of us got a piece of the cake, and went to sit down on the living room couches. I took my first bite, and I swear to all of you, I was in heaven. "This is really good," I blurted out.

Calum's mum laughed, giving me a slight nod. "Why thank you."

"Seriously. I wish my mum could bake," I chuckled, taking another bite.

We talked for a little longer until Calum's mum announced that she had something to do, leaving us. I felt awkward again, and focused on my cake, but Calum seemed to be in the talkative mood.

"I think she loves you," he giggled, shaking his head.

"What? Why?" I asked curiously, looking up at him.

"Well, you actually listened to her rant about her colleague, when all you had to do was nod from time to time," he shrugged, smiling at me almost fondly. "Hell, I barely listen when she gets into rant mode."

"I didn't mind," I answered. I was a little confused. I wasn't going to completely disregard what she was saying!

"I see it now. She's going to keep bugging me about when you're going to come back," he laughed, putting his plate down on the coffee table.

"Well, I guess you're going to be seeing a lot more of me, then," I teased, but was pleasantly surprised when he just shrugged.

"I don't mind," he answered, mocking me a little, but his smile showed that he meant no harm.

We talked for a little longer until I decided I should probably start heading back, so that I wouldn't end up driving in the dark.

"Thanks for everything," I smiled at him as I stepped out of the house, after saying bye to his mum, of course. "It- I think you really helped."

"Let me know," he nodded, smiling as he crossed one arm across his body. "Get home safe."

"I will," I answered, waving to him as I walked over to the driveway. Throwing my bag on the passenger seat, I looked up to him still standing in the doorway, but he had zoned off. He was staring at the ground in front of him, biting at his lip. "You okay?" I called out, and his head snapped up, nodding furiously.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" he called back, uncrossing his arm and waving at me. "See ya!"

I waved back quickly as I slid into the car, sliding the key into the ignition. Today went a lot better than I had expected.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

34K 1.6K 16
some of us struggle to be happy
51.7K 2.6K 40
"what if i told you i'm actually calum hood and have been deceiving you this entire time?" "i wouldn't believe you" + or where Calum Hood, bassist of...
103K 6.6K 30
𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 | luke is an annoying piece of shit and calum loves it. lukehoodings, 2015
19K 182 9
Just a collection of cake (boyxboy) oneshots.. have funnn!!!