▷ 12th of July 2014 ◁

A/N: this chapter is dedicated to Mr. Mikey Clifford-Way :-*

[Luke.]

I watched intently as Calum sang along with the band currently on stage. They were the third (and last, thankfully) opening band, and Calum had told me that they were also Aussies. I found that rather cool, and their music wasn't too bad either, but I was more interested in Calum than in them.

Mikey and Victoria had ditched us earlier on to try and get to the front, and from where I was standing, I could see his crazy green hair right at the barrier, indicating that they had managed.

Calum and I were only a few people away from the stage, but he didn't seem to mind. He was too ecstatic to care.

The song came to its end and I cheered along with Calum, who turned to flash me a smile. "They're done. Do you know what this means?"

"No, what?" I feigned ignorance as the curtain fell down on the stage again, a small smirk threatening to spill onto my face.

Calum just rolled his eyes, smacking me on the arm. "This means All Time Low are coming on next!"

I grinned widely, shaking my head. "I know!"

The lights started flashing behind the screen, and Calum squealed, grabbing my hand and catching me by surprise.

I looked over at him, but he was staring at the stage, a huge grin on his face. In consequence, I just smiled myself, moving my hand a little so that he was holding it properly, and faced the stage as well.

When the curtain lifted, Calum cheered loudly, throwing our interlocked hands in the air. I cheered as well, deciding to just enjoy the moment instead of worrying.

* * * * * * * * *

"This next song is called Stay Awake!"

My heart did a flip when the song began, and I squeezed Calum's hand tightly.

"It's your song!" He exclaimed gleefully, and I could only from.

I sang along loudly, uncaring about the rest of the people. In this moment, all that mattered were the boys on the stage and the boy beside me.

As the bridge began, my eyes slipped shut as I sang softly. Suddenly, I felt something warm on my cheek, and realised that it was lips. Not just any lips, that too. Calum's lips. Oh, this was definitely the best night of my life.

When I looked over at him, however, he was just smiling and looking up at the stage. So I grinned and turned back to the stage as well, a goofy smile on my face.

* * * * * * * * * *

After the concert, Mikey drove the four of us back to his place.

Calum and I were seated in the back, and he had fallen asleep on my shoulder, his soft hair tickling my neck. Not that I minded, of course. I had my arm wrapped around his shoulders, my cheek resting on his head.

When we got to Michael's, we all got out and I was about to step up to his front door when he stopped me.

"Are you awake enough to drive?"

"Um, yeah," I answered warily. "Why?"

"Take him home, or back to your place, or something," Mikey grinned cheekily.

I rolled my eyes. "Not- No, Mikey!"

Michael sighed, but still pressed his car keys into my hand. "Go spend some time with your loverboy."

"It's almost midnight, Mikey."

Michael rolled his eyes in response. "Do it."

With a sigh, I decided to stop arguing. I closed my hand around the keys and turned on my heels, walking over to where Calum was leaning against the car, almost asleep.

"Come on, let's get you home," I smiled, opening the passenger side door for him. He smiled sleepily, thanking me before sliding in.

The car ride back was pretty uneventful. We swung by house to pick up his bag, and my mum tried to convince him to stay, but he claimed he didn't want to impose.

Finally, we reached his place, and we were standing on his doorstep.

"Thanks for driving me," he yawned, and I just smiled.

"Yeah, no problem."

The next thing he said, however, caught me off guard. "When am I seeing you again?"

"Uh," I hesitated. I had no idea. "Hopefully soon."

He seemed satisfied with my answer, because all he did was lean forward and kiss my cheek. "Good night, Luke."

I grinned, giving him a hug. "Good night, Cal. Sleep well."

He disappeared into his house and I stood on the step for a moment, squealing a tiny bit.

But as I began making my way back to Mikey's car, a call of my name stopped me in my tracks.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking over at the brown haired boy curiously.

"My mum is refusing to let you drive so late at night," he explained, stepping towards me. "Do you want to stay over?"

I blinked a few times before smiling. "I don't want to be a-"

"Nonsense!" Calum's mum called out from behind us. The two of us looked up to see her smiling face, and she just stepped aside, gesturing for us to come in.

Calum looked over at me with raised eyebrows and I shrugged, smiling as I followed him up to his front door, where his mum hugged me tightly. I caught him smiling at the two of us out of the corner of my eye, causing me to smile myself.