โœ“ ๐Š๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐“๐ˆ๐Œ๐„; JATP

By JADORELOU

๐Š๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐“๐ˆ๐Œ๐„, โ”€ julie and the phantoms. you're the only one that makes ... More

GRAPHICS & MORE
001. GHOST TOUCHES
002. JULIE FROM SCHOOL
003. ALIVE
004. CHEERIOS
005. LOVER BOY
006. BRIGHT
007. PINKY PROMISE
008. MOROSIS
009. COLORS
010. YELLOW
011. FLIRT
012. JEALOUS
013. PERFECT FOR YOU
014. LOVE YOU TOO
015. FINALLY FREE
016. PERFECT HARMONY
017. THE ALLIE TO HIS NOAH
019. EMPTY WORDS
020. GLAD YOU STAYED
021. WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
022. YOU AND I
023. TO BE LOVED
024. IN TOO DEEP
025. REALITY

018. SUNSHINE AND GOLDIE

7.5K 357 1.1K
By JADORELOU

𝟏𝟖. 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐄
( CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                   "Simp,"

"Are you ever gonna stop with that?" Luke rolls his eyes at Reggie who shook his head.

"Probably not," He smiles, leaning back into the couch. "Blame Ricky and Flynn, they're the ones who said it first,"

"Alex?" Luke whines. Turning to him for help, Alex waves him off and continues to apply the white polish to his nails.

"Can't deny the truth," Was all he replied with causing me to laugh. This resulted in Luke's attention falling upon me, his lips pouting and arms crossing over his chest with a huff. Scrunching his nose up in the slightest of ways, he stays quiet causing Alex to snicker. "Such a baby,"

"Alright alright, leave Luke alone," Standing up from my spot beside Julie, careful to not mess up my freshly painted nails, I hand her the clear top coat. Walking over to him on the couch, he had dropped the pout and smiled softly, his hands reaching out for me.

"Look at that, she just walked over and he got all smiley," Reggie hummed.

"Simp," Julie coughed out, her eyes staying focused on her hands but it caused a chain reaction of laughter to Alex and Reggie.

Rolling my eyes, one of my hands cups the side of Luke's face allowing him to lean into my palm. "Well I think it's cute," I tell him. This gained a giddy smile before his hands attached themselves to my waist. I was pulled closer to Luke, standing directly in front of him between his knees as he stared up at me.

"Of course you do, you're an undercover simp for him too," Alex calls out.

"Not you acting like you aren't the biggest one out of all of us for Willie," I scoff. "And Julie? You were the one giggling over Nick yesterday and following him like a puppy, don't start,"

"Ha! Losers, she didn't say anything about me," Reggie smiles, leaning back in his seat with content causing me to raise a brow.

"That's cause Kayla barely even knows you exist,"

Luke began to laugh, his giggles muffled as he leaned his head against my torso. Alex blinked, mouth agape while Julie shook her head and Reggie was the one to pout this time.

"Touché," Is what Alex replied with. Clearing his throat, his eyes flickered down to Luke. "Seriously though, I'm happy for you guys but if you start making out like last night I'll barf,"

"I knew it!" Luke blurts, sitting up properly and waving a finger at the three. "I knew you guys were spying!"

"Well, yeah. Took you guys long enough to admit your love for each other," Julie snorts nonchalantly. "Besides we deserved to know if our work paid off, it was exhausting seeing you two go in circles. You guys are total romantics by the way,"

"Romantic? You guys should see the songs he's written about—"

"Alright!" Luke interrupts eyes narrowed at Reggie. "That's enough, stop talking,"

"No no, do tell," I tease, pulling away from his grasp but Luke shakes his head. Hand grabbing hold of my wrist, mindful of my still wet polish, he moved me back to sit beside him.

"You didn't tell her?" Alex asks, a smirk on his lips before he let out a wholehearted laugh. "Indie, you're his muse," He snickers. Putting down the bottle of nail polish, Alex poofs away but returns a few seconds after. Appearing directly in front of me, he holds Luke's song journal that I've grown familiar with consider he was constantly scribbling down lyrics in it.

"Alex," Luke warns, looking between me and the journal. "Go away,"

"Or what? You'll kill me? Too late for that," Alex snorts. Clicking his tongue in response, Luke stares down to ground with his jaw clenched. Rolling his eyes, Alex holds out the notebook to me, a cheeky expression on his features. "Last I checked there was, like, three in there about you. Might be more, Reggie and I haven't snooped in a few days,"

"Snoop? How often do you guys go through my stuff?" Luke inquires.

"When we're bored," Reggie says nonchalantly causing him to let out a groan.

Taking the book from Alex, I place it down in my lap. "Thanks," I add and he seems to take it as his queue to go back to his place so he did. Alex passed by Reggie, kicking his foot so his attention was brought away from us while Julie merely smiled and went back to her nails. Turning to Luke, who had his hands covering his face from embarrassment, I softly nudged our shoulders together. "Hey,"

"Hm?" He hums back quietly, barely lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"I'm not gonna read these," Placing the songbook on his lap, Luke straightened up. Raising a brow, he looked curiously at me. "You don't want me to read them. And that's fine, I'll wait until you want to show me on your own terms," I explain quietly.

He paused, not saying anything for a moment and just stared at me. Shifting under his gaze, I go to stand up and head back to Julie and Alex but get pulled back short.

Luke didn't say anything as he stood, dragging me in front of him, one of his hands landed on the small of my back to lead me toward the door. Giving him a curious glance, I decide against asking and give the three watching a shrug indicating I didn't know why we were making an abrupt exit either.

"I'm gonna show you but I don't want them around to add fuel to the comments," Luke says once we were out of the garage. His eyes had flickered to me, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips while I nod.

"Where we going then Lukey?" I watch as his smile falls into a cringe, the use of the nickname he oh-so-hates caused me to laugh.

"To the roof, harmony," Luke replies. It was my turn to cringe, my nose scrunching up with distaste while he held a cheeky expression.

"You said you'd stop making fun of me for the song," I huff but Luke lightly tugs at the hem of my shirt to make me stop walking. With one hand holding the songbook, the other trailed down to my hip.

"Hey, I find it cute. We're each other's harmonies," Luke tells me but I shake my head. Leaning against him with a small sigh, I could feel Luke's chest vibrate as he let out a laugh.

"It's a terrible nickname," I mumble.

"So is Lukey," He shoots back. Lifting my head up, I stick my tongue out childishly. "Alright, no more harmony. But I still need to find a nickname for you. You don't like doll—"

"It sounds like you're a guy from the 50s tryna hit on me," I snort while Luke rolls his eyes.

"Or angel,"

"I said it was cheesy, not that I didn't like it,"

"Or yellow, even though I like that one because of the meaning,"

"Might as well call me Crayola if you're gonna call me a color, in fact, throw in the whole rainbow,"

"Ricky literally calls you Blue," Luke says a matter-of-factly. The unamused look on his features caused me to snicker.

"Blue sounds better than yellow. And it makes sense considering my name is Indigo," I retort but Luke clicks his tongue and looks away. There's the jealously once again. "Don't get all pouty. A name from you means more to me than one from Ricky. I'm standing here with you, not him so there's no need for the dramatics bub,"

"Why can't I call you bub again?" Changing the subject, I could feel Luke's fingers lightly drumming against my hip softly.

"'Cause it was my thing first, get your own and be original," I tut playfully. Leaning up on my tippy toes, I place a chaste kiss along the tip of Luke's nose causing him to smile. "Come, let's go up to the roof so you can show me the songs," Already stepping out of his grasp, I intend to head toward the tree that led up to Julie's window for the direct access to our normal spot but Luke shook his head.

"You'll mess up your nails," Holding up one of my hands for extra emphasis, he nods toward the back door. "Go through the house, I'll meet you upstairs,"

"Or, you could always try to poof us up there,"

"No,"

"Please? Just once, just to see if it would work or not," I beg, doing my best to convince him of the suggestion. I had brought it up a few days prior but Luke wouldn't budge, he refused to even attempt at teleporting with me.

"I already said no," Luke replies back. The sternness in his voice indication no leeway to change his mind.

"Why?" I huff, letting out a melodramatic whine. "Why are you so against it? It could work and then we could just, teleport places. That's cool,"

"And if it doesn't work? Baby, you're still alive, I can't risk hurting you even if it's unintentional. It's not safe and you could get hurt," Luke says, words certain but his features soft. One of his hands reached up to cup my cheek, his rings cold but his thumb grazed my skin in a delicate manner.

"Fine," I nod back shortly. Looking down, I pick at the now dried excess polish on my thumb. Baby. Fingers holding my chin, Luke tilted my head back up and forced me to meet his eyes that flickered between my own.

"You're blushing," He mumbles before a smile breaks way to his lips. "Baby? That's the one you like? I had a list made up in my head and you chose the most generic one?" Letting out a laugh, Luke giggles to himself as I roll my eyes, shoving his hand away from my face.

"Shut up, it sounds cute when you say it," I defend lamely but Luke continues to smile. Suddenly wrapping his arms around me, he places a kiss to the top of my head and I reluctantly snuggle into the embrace. "It also reminds me of Dirty Dancing and I really like that movie.." I add quietly, voice slightly muffled with my cheek pressed against his chest.

"I know you do, when you found out Julie had it you made us watch it three times," Feeling his breath fan my shoulder, Luke's lips lightly grazed the exposed skin along my neck. An involuntary shiver ran over my spine. His words were intended to be sarcastic but I could feel his smile. "I'll be the Johnny to your Baby if you let me Inds,"

"I thought I was the Allie to your Noah?" I tease, lifting my head up but still leaving my arms wrapped around his shoulders. Humming back, Luke takes a second, brows pinched together as if he were thinking it over.

"We can be whoever you want us to be. As long as it involves you and me then it doesn't matter,"

"What about Jack and Rose? Seems fitting considering he actually dies, you know, correlation and shit," I suggest, smiling at my own joke but Luke merely tilts his head. The confused look caused me to snicker. "Holy shit, you died before the Titanic came out didn't you? We have to watch it,"

"The Titanic? Like the boat thing that sunk?" Nodding at his comment, Luke only seems to get more confused by the confirmation. "How did they make a love story based off of a boat that killed a bunch of people?"

"It's tragic. Young me sobbed thinking Leo actually died and was mad at Rose for not sharing the damn door with him but that's besides the point," Waving off the topic before I would get too in depth on the fact that the door was huge and most definitely could've fit the both of them on it, I nearly laugh at Luke's bewilderment. "It's a classic, we're gonna have to watch it later,"

Seemingly deciding against asking further, Luke just nods. Brushing a strand of hair out of my face, he smiles the tiniest of ways.

"Whatever you want baby,"

. . . . .

                "I'm here!" Swinging a leg over the windowsill, I was careful to not fall as I stepped onto the roof. "Sorry, I had to listen to Carlos rant about ghosts again for 10 minutes and convinced him to look out of the garage on his next ghost adventure," I explain to Luke who was sat back leaned against his forearms, notebook sprawled open on a page beside him.

"I heard, saw you almost trip up the stairs too," Luke teased, a playful smile on his lips. Rolling my eyes, I take a seat beside him, squinting to adjust to the bright sunlight that was in the process of setting. From the position of Luke and I, the glow was coming from directly behind him. Fitting, he is golden.

"So, am I allowed to read whatever's on this paper or are you gonna get all pouty again?" Pointing toward the sheet of paper with messy scribbled writing, I look between it and Luke. Pulling himself upright, he cleared his throat, grabbing hold of the songbook and his eyes skimmed over the words before he turned it over to me.

"This is one of them," Was what he said in a soft tone. Quirking a brow, I noticed the shyness in his voice and the way his fingers continuously played with his rings. He's nervous. Cute.

"How many are there?"

"Four... ish," Luke answers, wincing slightly at the confession. "The others still need work but this is the only one that's done," He adds, scratching the back of his neck while I nod.

"Accidental Love," I say aloud, reading the title with a cheeky smile. Bumping my shoulder into his, Luke closes his eyes and lets out a groan.

"Don't read it out loud," He pleads. Deciding against teasing him further, I turn my attention to the paper and respect his wish to read it in my head.

( a/n: stream the hara tbh,
no but fr listen to this song cause it
sounds like the boys would sing it )

          It only started as a little bit of fun
          But then you got a hold of me
          Late nights we were gettin' into trouble
          It happened so suddenly

           I know you said this was
           Something that you didn't want
           But then we got caught up
           In something kinda beautiful

A smile picks up on my lips. Turning to Luke, he was looking back at me, eyes intently watching over my expression with a flushed expression.

          They're tellin' us
          We shouldn't rush
          We don't hear a word they say

          Is this just
          Accidental love?
          We could go all night long
          Thinkin' it over (thinkin' it over)
          Let's not run
          From accidental love
          Feelin' like all night long
          We're getting closer (getting closer)

          This accidental love
          I just can't get enough
          I don't need anyone but you

"No one but me?" I snort causing Luke to roll his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah tease me all you want, I'm still your harmony," He retorts, sticking his tongue out childishly. Letting out a hum, I hold back a laugh before looking down at the paper.

          Lights out and it gets a little cold
          But that's when our body's meet
          And now we got it we can never give it up
          And that's the way it's gonna be

          I know you said this was something
          that you didn't want
          But then we got caught up in
          something kinda beautiful

          They're tellin' us
          We shouldn't rush
          We don't hear a word they say

          Is this just accidental love?
          We could go all night long
          Thinkin' it over (thinkin' it over)

          Let's not run
          From accidental love
          Feelin' like all night long
          We're getting closer (getting closer)

          This accidental love
          I just can't get enough
          I don't need anyone but you
          This accidental love
          I just can't get enough
          I don't need anyone but you

          Oh oh oh oh oh-oh
          Oh oh oh oh oh-oh
          Take it as it comes each day
          You and I could castaway
          Oh oh oh oh oh-oh
          Oh oh oh oh oh-oh
          Take it as it comes each day
          You and I could castaway

          Is this just
          Accidental love?
          We could go all night long

          Is this just
          Accidental love? (accidental love)
          We could go all night long
          Thinkin' it over (thinkin' it over)
          Let's not run
          From accidental love
          Feelin' like all night long
          We're getting closer (getting closer)

          This accidental love
          I just can't get enough
          I don't need anyone but you
          (don't need anyone but)

          This accidental love
          I just can't get enough
          I don't need anyone but you, no

"You wrote this for me?"

"No, I wrote it about another girl named Indie," Luke retorts. The sarcasm seemingly surprised the both of us as his eyes widen but I began to laugh.

"I am rubbing off on you, how cute," I snicker, bumping our shoulders together softly, Luke runs a hand through his hair sheepishly. "I love it, by the way,"

"What?"

"The song, I love it," I clarify. Looking back down at the paper, my fingers skim along the side while I notice a few scribbled lines on the opposite sheet. "What's this one?" I ask while squinting at the words. Luke has terrible handwriting.

"That, uh, that one isn't done yet," Luke says. "I couldn't get that part out of my head so I wrote it down last night," He adds, pointing at the paper.

Wildflower, fingertips on me
I can feel them still
Stained hearts trying to find a home
Looking for something real

I don't wanna kill my time with
somebody else
Dancing in the dark 'til the sun comes
Tangled in the sheets 'til the day's done
I don't wanna kill my time with
somebody else
In a city full of lonely people, I just
want you all to myself

"Sounds promising," I hum, a smile perked at my lips while Luke let out a small laugh.

"Alex wasn't lying," He says softly. "I tend to write better with you as my muse," Raising a brow, I hand him back the book. Luke takes hold of it, placing it down beside him still opened and instead shifted so he sat facing me. His legs criss crossed while his hands held out for me to hold, elbows leant against his knees. Gesturing for me to do the same, I snicker before adjusting my spot to mirror the way he sat.

"You're such a softy," I tease but nonetheless place my hands against his own. Immediately reacting to the touch, he laced our fingers together, softly swaying our clasped hands side to side. "Some would even say simp, not me though. The guys cover that for everyone,"

Rolling his eyes at the comment, I could feel his thumb tracing small circles on the back of my hand in his. "Do I make you happy?" Luke asks, a hint of a smile on his lips but I could see the curiosity in the question. Nodding back without a second thought, I noticed how his eyes lit up before one of my hands was lifted to his lips. A chaste kiss was pressed against the back of my hand causing me to let out a laugh. "I'm okay with being a simp then cause it means I'm doing something right as long as you're happy,"

"Are you always gonna be this much of a flirt?"

"I have to act like I'm still trying to win you over everyday to remind you why you chose me so yes," Luke replies back a matter-of-factly.

"Right cause I definitely had so many options to choose from," I snicker jokingly but he shakes his head.

"You underestimate yourself sweetheart, trust me,"

"Bub, you have a fan base. A literal one, last night a group of girls asked me if we were together and then proceeded to say I was lucky because of how cute you are," I recite. Rolling my eyes at the thought, Luke bites back a laugh and softly pulls me toward him.

"Next time say I'm the lucky one," He smiles, guiding my hands to be placed around his shoulders while his own glided down to my hips.

"Next time I'm swinging," I correct causing him to let out a laugh. "You think I'm kidding, disrespectful as fuck. The girl was tall too, I could've knocked out her shins,"

"I'll be right behind you then, cheering you on until someone has to break it up," He tells me, softly drawing a pattern along my side.

"I always wanted a personal cheerleader," I nod thoughtfully. Humming back, Luke jokingly agrees before I felt his fingers poke into my sides, the soft jabs causing me to flinch. "No! I hate tickling!" Attempting to stay serious, laughter bubbles over my lips instead and I'm soon scrambling to get out of his grasp but Luke keeps me close to him.

His laughter mixed with my own, his hands dancing along my sides in a swift movement. It wasn't until I was nearly on his lap did he stop. It took me a moment to catch my breath, my chest heaving slightly from the ordeal causing me to lean my head against Luke's shoulder with my eyes closed.

"That was unnecessary," I mumble, lamely hitting his chest but he simply laughed once more.

"I didn't think you'd react like that," He says back.

"Do it again and I won't let you kiss me for a week," I add. My eyes were still closed but I could practically feel the amused look thrown my way at this.

"A week?" Luke repeats while I nod. "But technically right now, I'm still allowed to correct?" I sit up at this, my gaze settling on him while he wore a cheeky smile and was patiently waiting for a response.

"Technically, yes," I agree. "But I'm supposed to be acting mad at the annoying tickle thing, give me at least five minutes to brood," I say after, going to pull away but Luke hugs my waist, keeping me in place. "You know, most guys take a girl out on a date before they even have the privileges you have. You're lucky you're a ghost, Casper,"

"A date?" Luke mumbles to himself. His eyes flickered away from me for a moment, his bottom lip being pulled between his teeth. "We can go on a date," He finalizes, nodding more to himself rather than me.

"As fun as that would be, you're dead and we have no money," I snicker but Luke simply rolls his eyes.

"Have a little faith in me sunshine,"

"Goldie, unless you plan on stealing there's no way,"  Reaching up, my hands comb over his hair to push away the few out-of-place strands that fanned over his forehead.

"Goldie?" Luke questions with the raise of a brow.

"Well.. yeah. Short for golden. I'm your sunshine and you're my Goldie, it coincides with the meaning of yellow for us," I explain, doing my best to not stumble over my words but nonetheless my nose scrunches up in a cringe. "Gross, you're turning me into a softie,"

"You've always been a softie," He teases causing me to shake my head. "It's not nice to lie darling,"

"Dude, I'm gonna pass out from all the nicknames," I tell him, a laugh bubbling from my mouth but Luke shrugs. The ever setting sun had perfectly kissed his skin, the doe-y look in his eyes causing me to melt. Maybe he was right about the softie thing.

Luke leaned closer, his forehead falling against mine. Instinctively, one of my hands drops to his cheek, cupping his face in my palm causing him to smile. Dipping down to remove the sliver of distance between us, I could feel the grin on his lips as they pressed against my own. The contact was for a mere few seconds but the warmth that spread through me lingered at the touch.

"Then I'll be there to catch you when you fall,"

. . . . .

                "Can I ask you guys a question?"

"If you're gonna ask for a hint then no," Alex answers, a hand over his eyes while he faced the wall. Flynn mumbles the same thing, unaware that he spoke before her as she adjusts the tag on the back of the shirt I wore.

"Not that," I snicker, pulling up the jeans to have more cover of my stomach but Flynn lightly swats my hand away.

"You look fine," She tells me, giving me a reassuring smile she takes a step back to admire her work on the outfit. Looking around the room, she points toward the bed where he was previously sat at per my indication. Nodding back to let her know he was still there, she clears her throat. "Alright, Alex you can open your eyes now,"

"I feel like I'm gonna freeze my ass off," I mumble, looking in the mirror. The jeans were fine, mid rised and hugged my waist perfectly only to loosen out at the bottom but the top. The top was small, it was a plan white shirt that buttoned in the from with a deep u-neckline, a good portion of my stomach and back was exposed.

"You look pretty," Alex comments but not before tossing something my way. Barely managing to catch it before it hit me in the face, he sends me a small smile. "Reggie wanted me to give you that, you can wear it if you get cold but it's thin enough so it won't be too hot," He tells me, gesturing between me and the red flannel that I've seen Reggie always wear.

"Thank you," Nodding to the both of them, Flynn smiles while Alex waves me off.

"Come, we have to do your hair," Pulling me toward the bathroom, Flynn placed me in front of the mirror while the bathroom counter had all of her things sprawled across it.

"This seems like a little much doesn't it?" I snicker. "It's a date, and it'll probably be in the garage. I don't see why the two of you are making me get ready,"

"It's not gonna be in the garage," Alex tells me. "And no, I'm not gonna tell you where it's at,"

"Still, it feels a little fast. It's been a day, we barely admitted everything, doesn't this seem to be moving too quick?" I ask the two but Flynn was the first to speak this time.

"You guys have been dancing around your feelings for weeks. The only difference now is that everything's out in the open," She says as she drags the brush through my hair carefully. "Do you think it's too fast?"

"Well.. no?"

"Then it isn't. As long as both of you are on the same page it doesn't matter. The speed you decide to take your relationship at is determined by the two of you, not measured by everyone else," Flynn concludes, eyes flickering up to meet mine through the mirror.

"I agree with her actually," Alex says, leaning up against the doorframe with his arms crossed. "You don't have to worry. He like you Indie, a lot. Music has always been his highest priority but you? If you asked him to give it up he would in a heartbeat,"

"I would never do that—"

"I know. Which is why you're perfect for each other," Alex reassures, his smile comforting me in the smallest of ways. "You guys just... make sense in the weirdest of ways. Soulmates,"

"You're being really quiet so I assume Alex said something.. and whatever it is, I agree," Flynn throws out into the air, her hands combing some leave-in conditioner to maintain my hairs frizz as it dries. A small sigh leaves my lips, the quietness allowing for my mind to run through the countless amounts of sinceros that could happen tonight before a knock was heard.

The three of us turned to the sound and in came Ray. He passed through Alex, stopping at the bathroom doorway, which caused said ghost to shiver and poof so that he was on the far end of the room now.

"I knew it," Ray hummed, folding his arms across his chest. "Who's the guy? ...Or girl?"

"What're you talking about Mr. Molina?" Flynn lets out a nervous laugh, her hands still scrunching up my hair to active the natural pattern but I nearly face palm at how bad of a liar she was.

"Carlos broke as soon as I told him we could order Chinese tonight," Ray tells us causing Flynn to mumble to herself. So much for the candy to pay him to keep quiet. "And you only call me Mr. Molina when you're hiding something. So tell me, who's the date with?" He adds. Ray's features have settled into a serious expression, the gaze causing me to shift uncomfortably and look to Alex for help but he simply raised his hands and shrugged.

"His name is Luke," I sigh, deciding against lying as Ray raises a brow. I noticed how both Flynn and Alex stiffened up at the confession but I gave them a small nod. "He's in the band,"

"The one with the beanie?" Ray asks before shaking his head. "One of the holograms?"

"Well he's an actual person," I laugh and wave him off. "I'm the one who introduced the guys and Julie to make the band. I've known them for a while, Luke's in town for a couple of days and we talked about it. We're going on a date before he has to go home," Keeping the answer simple and to the point, I watch as Ray purses his lips.

"Do I get to meet him?"

"If you want to," I nod back and could practically feel the panic oozing off of Alex. "Although I would prefer if you didn't scare him off on the first date,"

"Tomorrow, invite him for dinner," Ray decides, the suggestion more like an expectancy's. Nodding once more, he smiles in the smallest of ways. "Okay, I'll leave you two then. Be safe and be home before 11," Holding his fist out, I bite back a laugh but nonetheless fist bump his hand. With that Ray spun around and exited out of the room.

"Indie, how is that supposed to work? You do remember Luke's a ghost, meaning he's dead right? Like dead dead—"

"Alex, I adore you but please don't start doing the panic pace walk," I spoke, cutting him off before he'd begin to hyperventilate. Looking to Flynn, I noticed how she seemed confused by my words but still held a look of worry for the unprecedented plans. "I'll talk to Luke, we'll figure out a plan but my tiny little brain can only freak out about one problem at a time unless I want it to combust so can we please focus on the date before I start freaking out?"

It was quiet for a few moments, Alex taking in numerous deep breaths to pull himself together while Flynn cleared her throat. Meeting my eyes in the mirror, she sent me a small smile.

"At least you look hot?"

. . . . .

"The beach?"

"Shush," Ricky tuts, his hands holding mine to guide me. Feeling the sand squish beneath my feet, I try my best to look at what I could from the blind fold but there wasn't much except the view of my feet.

"If you plan on killing me, I have to say: being shark bait wouldn't have been my first choice," I comment hearing a snort from Flynn who was walking along my left side.

"We're almost there," Ricky tells me and I could feel one of his hands squeeze my own in a form of comfort. Letting out a sigh, I decide against saying anything else. After getting ready at the house with Flynn and Alex, Ricky showed up. The ghost of us four decided that he would poof to wherever he was needed to make sure things were ready, as he put it while Flynn proceeded to blindfold me and take us to Ricky's car because he was the designated chauffeur so-to-speak.

Neither had given me an ounce of information about what was planned. Which was scary, I knew Julie and Reggie were helping Luke but I had no idea Ricky was involved too. And the four of them came up with.. whatever this was together. I don't know whether to be scared or excited.

I felt us stop, my feet sinking into the soft sand. My poor shoes. I felt Ricky's hands leave mine, the loss of warmth causing me to shiver before they were replaced by another. The familiar rings and the perfect fit of our hands caused me to smile. Luke.

"Finally," I tease. "Am I allowed to see your face or am I meant to be blind for our date?" His laugh filled the air before I felt the soft material being undone from my head. Feeling it fall down, I blink a few times to adjust to the light and am met by a grinning Luke. "Hi,"

"Hi," He repeats. A kiss was placed to my forehead, the warmth lingering even after he pulled away and I took notice of what was behind him.

There was a blanket sprawled along the sand and pillows, lots of pillows, on top. Two paper bags were accompanied by a cup holder and two large paper cups with a logo I couldn't read. I noticed two blank canvases, messy paint pallets, paint, and used brushes that I remember seeing at Flynn's in the corner. Candles also surrounded the blanket, far enough away that it couldn't light a fire to everything else but was the one thing to bring light to the otherwise dark beach.

I also noticed our friends. Julie, Alex, Reggie, Flynn, and Ricky all stood behind with cheeky expression.

"How— this is a lot," I stutter, gesturing to everything. "How much did this cost?"

"The lovely fine dinning you two will be having tonight is from my work. I get an employee discount and used my birthday coupon they gave me this year so it essentially costed nothing," Ricky smiles, pointing toward the paper bags. "Before you say anything, I wasn't gonna use the coupon so I'm happy I could help you two instead,"

"A lot of this stuff is from home," Julie adds, pointing toward the blankets and pillows, which I do remember were usually in the living room. "You'd be surprised how much 10 dollars at the 99 cent and under store could get you too,"

"That place is so cool! Everything's on a discount even though they're already a dollar," Reggie tells me in utter seriousness, fascinated by the store causing me to laugh.

"And the paint stuff was mine. Just don't break the brushes," Pointing a finger at Luke, Flynn narrows her eyes due to the second sentence being directed toward him. "That means you, wannabe Hemmings,"

"Anyway," Luke says with a clear of his throat. He turns to me, tugging on my hand in the slightest of ways to gain my attention. "Stop worrying about the money, we're okay,"

"You used to be repulsed by the fact that I ate cereal with water 'cause I was mindful about money. That's all I do," I snicker but Ricky scrunches up his nose at the new information.

"Never do that again. Call me and I'll bring you milk if you need some," He tells me causing me to roll my eyes. Sticking my tongue out in a childish manner, Ricky responds by doing the same back.

"Point being," Julie interrupts, regrouping the attention. "Indie, just have fun on your date. I spent three hours with four idiots trying to make this work. Don't break my heart and tell me you don't like it,"

"I love it," I reply back honestly. "Thank you guys, really," I emphasize, looking to each of the five while give Luke's hand a squeeze.

Getting a series of, no problems, and of courses' thrown at me in response. Flynn abruptly clapped her hands. "Alright! We're gonna go,"

"Where you guys' going?"

"This is a date remember?" Alex smiles, following after Flynn who was pulling Julie with her.

"I'm taking the girls to see a movie. Big Red's gonna meet us there and I'm assuming Reggie and Alex are gonna come with," Ricky explains, taking his keys from his pocket and rattling them in his hand.

"He assumes right, we don't have to pay to get in," Reggie cheers. "Perks of being a ghost,"

"Call when you guys want to get picked up," Ricky continues, slowly walking back to follow the group. "Have fun," He winks, a cheeky expression on his features before he spun around.

The group left in a murmur, talking amongst themselves and it caused to me smile seeing them all get along. Julie was the translator for most of it but the chaos of it all seemed to fit.

"You look as beautiful, sunshine," Luke brought my attention back to him. His boyish grin caused my heart to flutter the smallest of bits as he led us to the blanket, pulling me down with him to sit.

"As do you, goldie," I hum. As we sat, my eyes scanned around. There were a few bonfire pits ways away, most alit in flames and I could make out the hints of peoples silhouettes. The faint music came from one of the groups far away, but still, I ensured Luke and I had some form of physical contact just in case to allow him to be seen.

"We'll be fine," He tells me, seemingly reading my thoughts. Nodding back, I clear my throat, fully giving him my attention.

"Sorry, just never thought we'd be here, you know, out in public on a date. Feels too good to be true I don't want it to slip away," I admit. Thankful for the dim candle light, I pray that Luke couldn't see the way my cheeks felt as if they were flooding with heat. Even if he did, he didn't say a word about it, only leaning close to me.

One of his hands cradled my chin, lifting my head up so our lips would meet. The familiar rush of adrenaline shot through my spine and I could feel my heartbeat racing. Instinctively, my hands went around his shoulder, holding him close as if he would vanish but Luke only smiled. Upon pulling away, his eyes were glossier than before, bottom lip looking particularly swollen but he didn't seem to mind as he grinned.

"I'm not going anywhere Inds,"

— NIKO SPEAKS "
edited ( 14 august 2021 )
[ pre edited a/n below ]

lying ass mf .

PLS, i feel so bad for indie. i'm
completely gonna wreck her shit up
just when her life seems perfect bye

originally, i intended to add unsaid
emily and the whole admission of them
dying fr fr cause of caleb in this chapter

instead i decided to give yall a break
and the small boyfriendluke! content
bc now i'm gonna break everyone's
hearts .. oops?

ITS ALMOST
OVER PLS THATS SO SAD

anyway, hopefully you enjoyed???
pls i tried ok buh bye love you
(don't kill me for future reference)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 4.5K 21
ไฟกใ˜ใ‚‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’Š ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’†๐’—๐’† no music is worth making if we're not making it with you. โคฟ julie and the phantoms fanfiction โคฟ luke patte...
216K 6.5K 31
โ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ญโž -- ๐ซ.๐ก. ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง book 1 julie and the phantoms / l...
610K 12.4K 56
Imagines and One shots for the Netflix show Julie and the Phantoms! I write for -Luke -Reggie -Julie -Alex...
52.4K 995 25
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ช๐—ฒ, ๐˜„๐—ฒ'๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—น๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ Reggie Pet...