New Management

As Marv and I drive to the strip club, she asks me a few questions. "So..." she drawls. "Horny, huh?" She tries to ask seriously, but fails.

"Yeah...With the smells back there...and you touching me, then telling me you were pleased..." I trail off. I look in her side mirror to make sure my eyes aren't glowing anymore. They're not.

"This is interesting information. I knew about them glowing when you're angry, from when you attacked that guy in the warehouse. Any other times your eyes glow?"

"No."

"Alright then. At least i'll know how you're feeling." Marv shrugs then turns into a parking lot. The sign on the building we've arrived in front of says Deadly: Gentleman's Club. I scan the parking lot as Marv gets out of the car. Me behind her, she walks to the entrance, past the bouncer, then strides to the second floor. I look down at the ground floor and see various stages for dancers, cozy seats, and a bar near the back. The place is empty, considering its only about seven in the morning. The owner built this place much bigger this time around. The second floor is open so you can see down to the first floor and has multiple rooms for private dances, or more if you can pay for it. There's an office in a corner on this floor, where Marv seems to be headed. She opens the door without knocking and strides inside purposefully. I follow suit.

"George, I'm here to talk a little business," Marv says cheerfully to a short, chubby man sitting behind a desk. She puts her hands on her hips and revels in the surprise she's caused.

"Marv! W-what are you doing h-here?" George stutters. He licks his lips and attempts to regain his composure.

"As I said, business. I want to buy your club from you." Marv sits down on the couch against the wall by the door. She crosses her legs, then looks at George. She raises am eyebrow.

George chuckles nervously. "B-buy? I'm not selling."

"No, you're not, but I'm going to get this place one way or another," Marv says politely. She throws her hair off her shoulder and leans back into the couch. "I want this club, George, I will either pay you for it, or I'll take it from you. I suggest you take the former, considering the latter includes your death." There's amusement in Marv's eyes. I'm still standing in the doorway, quietly watching the exchange. No one has acknowledged me so I don't move or make myself known.

"Well, I do want to live," George says, trying to laugh about it. He's sweating profusely, and his hands are shaking. "How much are you going to pay me?"

"Does it matter? You get to live." Marv stands up and strides over to his desk, placing her palms flat on its surface. "Leave. I'm taking over starting now. I'll send someone to your places with the money later." Her voice is low, dangerous. My body reacts to hers and my muscles tighten.

George scrambles out of his chair and gathers his few belongings.

"Oh and George?" Marv calls to him sweetly.

"Y-yeah?"

"Would you mind telling your, excuse me, my employees of the new management?" Marv smiles at him.

"No problem, Marv," he replies. All of his belongings are in his arms so he runs out of the office, pushing me out of his way. I can hear his hurried footsteps as he gets further and further away. I hear them stop a few times as he tells various people of the new owner of the club. When i'm done listening, I watch Marv inspect the office.

"Good, a back exit," she says when she finds a door behind George's, now her, desk. I go over to inspect the exit. It's just a flight of stairs that go down leading to a door that I assume goes outside to an alley. I walk down the steps and confirm what I already suspected, it leads to an alley behind the club. I walk back up, and find Marv sitting behind the desk. I have to squeeze past her to get out of the exit. I maneuver myself from behind her, after closing the exit door, then sit on the couch in front of the desk. I watch her inspect the little bathroom connected to the office. She waves me over into the bathroom to wash off my bloody arm, which I had completely forgotten about. When i'm finished, I sit back down on the couch, smelling of cheap soap.

"Anything you want me to do?" I ask her.

"Yes, actually. I didn't see any customers when I walked in, but I don't want anyone here yet. Go tell the bouncer to close the place up. It's early, anyway, no one will want to come until later. Then I want you to gather all of the employees downstairs so I can talk to them, got it?"

"Yes, Mistress."

"Good. Now go." She waves her hand at me. "Oh, wait. I almost forgot. Wait outside for Cat and her girls, they should be here soon."

"Yes." I nod then turn on my heel. I quickly run to the bouncer and tell him to lock up. He lights the little neon 'closed' sign then sits by the door when I tell him Marv wants to talk to everyone. I go to the back room on the ground floor where the girls get ready and tell the scarce few that are there to go wait by the bar for Marv. They all agree to do what I say, though with a few under the breath protests, and shuffle past me. When everyone is gathered, I go wait outside for Cat. I only have to wait about ten minutes before Cat and eight other girls show up, including Cherry. Their looks vary from pissed to terrified.

"Well, we're here. Where's Marv?" Cat asks me. I lead them inside to find Marv already talking to her employees. She stops talking when she notices me leading Cat and her girls towards her.

"Good, you're here," Marv says brightly. "You gals are now in a new profession!" She claps her hands together excitedly. "Well not really new, you'll still be having sex with people, if they can pay for it, but now you'll also be dancers." She looks at all of the girls faces one by one. No one says anything to her. "Oh and you'll be selling my product to anyone who can afford it." She waits for a response, but gets none. "Any questions?"

"Yeah, I have one." A girl walks to Marv. It's the redhead, Cherry. "Why should we suddenly work for you?"

"I think you should ask Cat, that one," Marv laughs. "Don't worry though, you'll be safe with me. My pet here will be protecting the place 24/7." She points to me to show everyone who she's talking about. "She won't let anything happen to you while I run this place. If some sleazy guy is trying to touch you but hasn't paid, call for Marv's Pet. If someone dirt-bag is getting too rough for you, call Marv's Pet." She smiles at everyone. There are a few laughs and a lot of disbelieving looks.

"That little girl there? She'll take care of us?" Cherry laughs. "Yeah right. There's no way she can even take care of herself."

"I see a lot of you don't believe me, so I'll prove it," Marv states simply. She walks over to me and takes off her heels. "Kneel down and hold out your hand, palm up, on the floor," she instructs. I do as she says, then she stands on my hand with her left foot and places her hand on my shoulder for balance. "Now pick me up, and don't you dare drop me," she tells me sternly. I easily stand up with Marv perched on my hand. Everyone looks amazed at what I've done.

"You." Marv points to Cat. "Stand on her other hand."

Cat looks nervous but does as she says. I lean down as much as I can without dropping Marv and pick up Cat. There a few 'oohs' and 'ahhs' as I straighten out with ease.

"Alright, put us down," Marv instructs me.

I gently bring both women to the floor then stand up straight beside Marv. She smooths out her skirt then looks at all the faces around her.

"Believe me now?" Marv asks the small crowd.

Everyone nods slowly at her, not quite believing what they just saw.

"Good. We're not going to open until five tonight, so you people can do whatever you like until then. I don't care what you do, as long as you're all here by five, understand?" Marv stares at the faces around her. Everyone nods or says a quiet 'yes'. "Alright then. Have a good day everyone, and be ready to work later. I plan on having a very successful business."