High Roller

"She's sleeping in here again."

"So what?"

"Aren't you a little scared of her now?"

"Why should we be?"

"Didn't you hear what happened last night?"

"No."

"What happened?"

"Some guys tried to break in and she killed them!"

"Well that's kind of what she's here for, ya know. Protection."

"Will told me that she ripped off one of the burglars arms off. Sliced up the other one."

"What does Will know?"

"He was there to clean up the mess."

"That doesn't mean we should be scared, sug. It's not like she'd ever hurt us."

"Are you sure?"

"I don't think she'd hurt us."

"She loves us too much. Besides, Marv would never let her harm us in anyway."

"Yeah, maybe your right."

"If we get in her pants, she definitely wont hurt us."

"You're so crude."

"Well, its true, sug."

"I get all hot thinking about how she could easily lift me to a bed..."

"I bet you touch yourself at night to her. Don't you, Alice?"

"Shut up!"

"Oh, Alice. "

"You are so in love with her."

"Am not."

I listen to the girls talk about me-i'm still pretending to be asleep- while they are getting ready. I smile to myself, amused that everyone is making fun of Alice. They jab at her for a moment, good-naturedly, but I can tell she's getting uncomfortable. She tries to laugh off their jokes politely.

When the jokes begin to get too nasty, I feel bad for Alice, so decide to make all the girls envious of her. Surpising the girls nearest to me, I leap up from the couch and stride over to where Alice is leaning over her vanity. She's applying lipstick sadly. Eventually her eyes rise and she spots me just behind her. She spins around, a blush creeping up her neck. She's wondering if I heard about her night time activities, heard the jokes, heard her not confirm nor deny anything.

Smiling, I hold out my hand, and, cautiously, Alice takes it. Her heart is pounding in my ears so I gently touch her face to try to soothe her. Her heart only beats faster. Slowly, I step close, rocking my body towards hers. A tiny, adorable gasp leaves her when my face is inches from hers. The room is dead silent around us. I take another step closer, making Alice press her behind against the end of her vanity, and tilt my head towards her.

"May I?" I ask softly, moving my fingers to brush against her lips. They're soft, and a bit of red stains my fingertips.

Alice blinks at me, her chest rising and falling abnormally fast. Her eyes locked on mine, she gives me the barest of nods, then kisses me before I can make the first move. The moan that fills my mouth makes me growl.

The enthusiasm that Alice is giving me is infectious, and I want to do more. But I have to do my early morning checks of the club. With Marv in my mind, I pull back. Alice breaths heavily, her lower lip between her teeth. My glowing eyes reflect in hers.