Truth

Marv motions for one of her goons, wanting him to wake up the intruders. He slaps them around for a bit, waiting for them to come to. All three of them eventually groan, and start to realize the situation they're in. Confusion, then panic crosses their faces. Gasoline man and the driver's mouths are taped shut. Only the passenger is free to speak. He immediately starts cursing and struggling. Marv is patient, waiting for him to calm down. When he gives up, he looks at all the people around, but his eyes stop on me. Fear is clearly in his face.

"You," he whispers. Marv looks from him to me.

"So it's true then." Marv motions for someone to get her a chair. When she gets one, she sits in front of the passenger. "Want to tell me what happened?" The guy looks terrified. He looks past Marv, to me, then back to Marv.

"That fucking animal tore off the car door. What the hell is she? A little girl like her shouldn't be able to do the shit she did." He stares at Marv, waiting for an answer. When she doesn't reply he changes the subject. "You're Marv, right?"

Marv nods.

"You and your pet over there," He jerks his chin towards me. "aren't going to live long." He sneers, then stupidly spits in Marv's face. I feel anger bubbling inside me. Before anyone can react, I've already moved Marv's chair away, and am now holding passengers throat in my right hand. He's a few feet off the ground, thrashing against his bonds, his eyes bulging. I squeeze a little, growling at him. I can hear surprised gasps from behind me. I don't pay any attention to any of them, focusing on punishing this man. How dare he disrespect and threaten Marv like that?

"Holy shit, Lost," Marv manages to say.

"How do you want him to die?" I growl out with pure rage.

"Let him go, Lost. I have more questions for him." Marv puts her hand on my shoulder and I purr under her touch. I drop the man unceremoniously onto the floor. I turn around and face Marv. Multiple emotions cross her face, but none stick. She turns to one of her goons and tells them to take the driver and gasoline man somewhere and dispose of them. "And make sure no one finds the bodies," she yells after them.

Only Marv, passenger, and I are left in the warehouse. Joe wanted to stay for protection but Marv told him it wasn't necessary. Joe reluctantly left to help with the body dump. When everyone was gone, Marv started questioning passenger. With my help, we managed to figure out who sent him. It was the new guy on the block, Devon. Devon was hoping Marv would be in the warehouse when it burned. Passenger and the other two were to burn down the building and shoot anyone who managed to escape the flames.

"Looks like Devon's plan failed, miserably," Marv sneers. When we figure out where Devon's safe house is, Marv instructs me to kill passenger. Happily, I grab his head and twist, snapping his neck in one swift movement. "You're something special, Lost."

I look at her and see all the plans she has for me. She wants to make me her number one. Use me to better her status. She thinks I can help her get rid of this Devon guy and take over his operation. I inwardly smile, hoping she'll finally claim me. "You're not sleeping in the warehouse tonight, Lost. You're coming home with me, we have a few things to discuss."