Saul

Opening time, finally, and a flood of people come in. Every creed and color fills my vision and I watch the crowd with interest. Both because it's my job and I want to study them. I take in their clothes and sounds and try to work out what their lives are like. So different from mine. More lively, more carefree. Sighing, I shake my head and really focus on what they're saying to one another. By their conversations, a lot of them came to see me and my 'tricks'. It seems that last nights antics really spread around. I don't really want to deal with people, so I stay on the second floor and observe silently.

As time passes, people get buzzed and rowdy, the club's atmosphere becoming fun. Some of the girls take different people to the private rooms, and they nod at me before they enter a room to tell me that they're safe, and I nod back to tell them I'm aware and at the ready when needed.

I can hear the moans and gasps of lovemaking after a while, can smell arousal all around me. Its intoxicating and makes my heart thump hard, but I remain calm and continue to be on guard. When nine strikes, when I'm bored of standing around doing nothing, I decide to wander to the first floor. Its fairly easy slipping into the crowd and I feel okay when no one approaches me. But then someone exclaims, and I'm noticed. I get a few leers from men and women but no one approaches.

I try to hide and skulk around in the shadows but my eyes can't be hidden. The atmosphere of arousal has finally hit me. I can feel by body thrumming, and I know my eyes are glowing. Wanting to escape, I slink to the bar and look around, not liking that a large portion of eyes are on me. I look from face to face, licking my lips, a soft growl starting to form in my throat. The air of arousal is palpable.

With the looks im getting I assume someone will approach me soon. So, wanting to make time go faster, I ask will to get me a water and gulp down half of it immediately. People are getting braver, curious, so I sip at my water to look less threatening. Eventually a woman in her thirties, with long dark hair, is the first to approach me. I smile at her to try to put her at ease.

"Are you Marv's Pet?" she asks shyly.

I nod and take another sip of water. "Yes, miss, I am. How can I help you?"

She looks somewhere deeper in the club, then back at me. She's nervous but excited. "I see the rumor about your eyes is true. Does that mean you're as strong as they say?"

Nodding, I leave my water on the bar and hold out my hand in invitation. The woman takes the invite, nervously, but it's the consent I need. I get close to her then pick her up from her waist. I put her on my shoulder, so she sits with her legs dangling in front of me, and hold her still with deft hands. She squeals with delight and puts her hand on my head for balance. Her heart rate increases and I can smell the perfume she spritzed on for the night.

"Oh my god!" she exclaims. "Bernice! Come here!" She yells out towards the crowd that's surrounded me. A woman also in her thirties pushes her way through the throng to stand in front me, assumedly Bernice. I motion for her to get closer, asking for her permission. When she says yes I bring her close then turn her around. I pick her up from her waist, throw her in the air to gasps and hoots, and let her land on my shoulder, mirroring the other woman's position. Both women squeal, and the crowd claps.

I can feel the high of being the center if attention, but I squash it down and, after a moment, I put both women down. They thank me, giggling, and ask if they can take a picture with me. I'm about to say yes but I see Marv walking towards me.

"Sorry, ladies," Marv says, grabbing my arm. "No pictures with my pet. She has other duties." She pulls me away from the crowd and I stumble behind her. She pushes through the crowd and drags me up to her office, sitting me down on the couch unceremoniously. I shift uncomfortably, sensing her discomfort.