Acceptance

Marv and I drive for about half an hour before we make a stop. I look out the window with my head cocked and see that we're stopped in front of a pet store.

"Stay here," Marv instructs. She steps out of the car and runs into the pet shop. I sit stock still in my seat, waiting as instructed, and after about ten minutes, Marv comes back holding a black leather collar. I lick my lips at what the object means.

Marv gets back in the car, sighs, then turns to me. "Okay," she says, "If this is for real, all I have to do is put this on you, right?" Her eyebrow raises.

I nod fervently, cracking a smile. My hands are clammy.

"Alright then, here we go." Marv reaches out to me, putting the collar around my neck, then buckling it. She leans back and stares at me, her eyes narrow with suspicion.

My heart beat triples in speed and my lips part open. Marv's eyes widen at me, and I know exactly what she sees. The signature, menacing glowing eyes of a Pet finally claimed.

"What the fuck?" Marv whispers. She's pressed up against the drivers side door, her eyes darting over me.

"Command me, Mistress," I say. My voice is dangerous, my words lethal. I'm finally owned, I can finally please another. I can't wait to get started.

Marv is staring at me, not knowing what to say. She stares at me for minutes and I let her. Finally, she turns to face forward in her seat, then starts the car. "I can't believe this is happening," she whispers to herself. "I know this is happening, but I need a little more proof," she continues nervously. "Where does this Ms. Lee live?" She's not looking at me. She's trying not to.

I tell her, a little saddened that her eyes are no longer on me, and we start driving again. Marv remains quiet, and it makes me nervous. My ultimate goal is Marv's happiness, yet she's not happy. That fact both angers and scares me. I don't want to fail.

"Holy shit..." Marv whispers, bringing me out of my head. She's parked the car and is gazing out of the windshield, her body leaning forward. I look where her eyes are and see Ms. Lee's mansion. The building is extravagant, well kempt, and imposing. We step out of the car and through the gates in front of Ms. Lee's house.

"You really did higher these girls' statuses, huh?" Marv asks me, her eyes still on Ms. Lee's place.

"Yes," I answer dutifully. Gravel crunches underneath our shoes.

When we reach the front doors, Marv rings the doorbell then takes a step back. I step back as well to make sure Marv is ahead of me. A chime is heard, then a maid opens the door.

"Can I help you?" The maid looks Marv up and down in disgust. When I growl, it's then that the maid looks at me. Her eyes widen in recognition and she open the door for us, then scampers away. I can almost taste her fear.

"Looks like you're well known around here," Marv says simply. The maid returns not two minutes later with Ms. Lee on her heels.

"Well, well, well," Ms. Lee sneers. Her stiletto's clack loudly against the floors. "Looks like my pet has returned. Have you realized your mistake, pet?" She strides up to me with anger and determination in her eyes, then she slaps my cheek. "How dare you leave me!" she hollers. "You have no right! I. Own. You."

Ms. Lee is livid, I note. Her fists are clenched at her sides and her jaw works. When she spies the collar around my neck , her anger vanishes and is replaced by surprise. "Who has claimed you?" she whispers. She looks behind me and finally sees Marv. "You? Have you claimed what is rightfully mine?" She stomps over to Marv and pulls her hand back. Before she can bring her palm down across Marv's cheek, I've grabbed her wrist in a crushing grip.

"Do not touch my Mistress," I growl. I can feel my rage and I know my eyes are slightly glowing. Ms. Lee looks shocked, then terrified. I can see her thoughts clear around her. She knows what i'm capable of, knows that I will protect my Mistress with my life. She whimpers and I let go of her wrist.

"Don't you ever try to hurt her again," I snarl fiercely. Ms. Lee nods, then backs away. Marv watches the scene silently. The rest of us join her silence, the air in the room thick.

"So its true then," Marv finally utters. "You are mine."

"Yes, Mistress." I nod.

Ms. Lee scoffs and talks at Marv. "How did you even come to know of Pets? How did you claim her? No one should know but my family." She is careful not to sound too angry, knowing I would hurt her if I thought even for a second that she was a threat. Marv doesn't answer, just heads for the door. I start to follow when I hear Ms. Lee yell at our backs.

"Answer me, you bitch! You don't deserve her! She's mine!" Ms. Lee is bright red. I immediately bare my teeth and hiss in her direction. She shrinks back at my action and I take a threatening step forward, but Marv prevents me from harming her with a hand on my shoulder.

"Leave her alone," she tells me. "Come on, I want to go home."

"Yes, Mistress." I bow my head and follow. We walk back to Marv's car and head home. I look over at Marv and see all the thoughts in her mind. She's in shock at today's events, utter shock. She's accepted the situation, but is still a little weird-ed out by it. I dont want to be a bother, so we end up silent the whole drive home. When we get back to her place and settle on the couch in the living room, she speaks to me.

"Alright. I believe you now," she tells me. She scratches her cheek and crosses her legs. "You'll do anything I say right?"

"Yes," I reply happily. I'm eager to do something for her.

Marv's expression turns serious. "You're going to help me take care of Devon, and we are going to rule these streets," she declares. The look on her face is one of determination.

I feel absolutely giddy. I don't care what 'taking care of Devon' consists of, or what I have to do to allow Marv to rule her kingdom. I'm about to make my mistress very, very happy.