Part 10. [Kat]

Jess came back to the dorm room confused yesterday but I chose to ignore him and focus on the Alex situation and comforting Pat after the party.

"What is he doing here?" I heard Pat yell.

I walk into the room to find Justin standing there at the doorway with his hands in his pockets.

For those confused, Justin is Sam's brother and one of the twerps in Collin's gang.

"Hey, please don't get mad at me, I am not my brother, I'm here to apologise on his behalf," he said.

"Um he doesn't want to talk to you," I defend Pat.

"Please, I am not my brother, come on, I'm sorry," Justin continues.

"Look dude, Pat said he doesn't want to see you so if you wouldn't mind, leave," I argue and shut the door.

"Okay thanks, I don't think I have the guts to deal with him right now," Pat says to me after Justin leaves.

"And why did he come here?" I ask.

"I'm sorry but I brought him," Steve admits.

"And why would you do that?" I ask him.

"Justin and I are in the same class and he was feeling terrible for what his brother did to you at the party," Steve says.

"And how did you know?" Pat asked.

"Um, he told his whole frat house about it," Steve replied.

Pat burst out crying and rushed out of the room.

"You can't be serious, how could he do such a thing and then sends his brother to clean up his mess," I snap.

"So what else did you expect, those morons are just like that, I mean Collin told me that he loved me,"Jess said as he got into the room.

"Wait, Collin said he loves you?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

"Did you believe him?"

"No."

"I have a feeling that he is going to use you too," I say.

"Yeah but I have more pressing issues, Felix just keeps ignoring me," Jess says as he sits at the dining.

"Okay I don't know why you are so obsessed with talking to him but as a friend I will support you,"I say to him.

"I know his dorm room number and I would like to go check it out," Jess says to me.

"Okay that's creepy," I point out.

•••••••••

We hesitate as we get closer to the door to Felix's dorm / house.

"I have a bad feeling about this," I point out.

"I know, me too, should we turn back?" Jess asks me.

"Um, hey, excuse me." A soft familiar voice calls out to us.

We turn our backs to see Toni standing there with her bag and her lipstick shone so bright it could blind us.

"Oh hey baby, come on in," Felix says as he opens the door for her to enter and tried closing it before we got in.

"Not so fast, we need to talk, you cannot keep avoiding me," Jess says as he pushes the door to prevent it from closing.

"Let them in baby," Toni tells Felix who shrugs and let's us in.

Felix led us to the sitting room and we all sat down waiting for him to beging talking but he still kept silent.

"Okay, since no one will talk ill go straight to the point, what led to this change?" I asked him.

"Yeah tell us, because this is not the person I remember in fifth grade," Jess added.

"People change as they grow up," Toni said as she put her arm onto Felix's hip.

"I get that people change but you can't just change from a drug addict to this in a couple of years, moreover still as a teenager," Jess exclaimed.

TBH I agreed, Felix was a typical bad boy type who didn't date the same person for more that a week (Jess and Tess have experience) and he also liked drugs and alcohol. But now he was all, no tattoos, no drugs and alcohol, no cheating and committing to one person.

"But why does he avoid Jess?" I ask.

"I don't avoid anyone," Felix responds and we finally hear his soft but husky voice.

No wonder Jess loves him.

"Okay why don't you talk to me?" Jess said as he looked into Felix's eyes.

Felix first remained silent, then he answered," there is nothing to talk about."

"Um yes there is, like first answering where you went after sixth grade," I state.

"I don't have to answer to anyone, especially you," he says as he looks at Jess.

"Why, what did I do to you?" Jess asks.

"Nothing you should care about," Felix says as he stands up to leave.

"Ohh no no no no no no, you are going to sit right there and answer every question we ask, if you won't answer to us as me and Kat then answer to us as your friends," Jess says in a sassy ghetto tone.

"If he doesn't want to answer leave him," Toni says.

"Okay fine, if he is too cowardly to answer it's fine by me, come on Kat, let's leave this baby who is too afraid to answer a simple question," Jess teases.

For one thing I knew what Jess was up to, Felix hated being called a coward and also hated being called a baby.

"I think you two should leave,"Felix states as his fingers fold into a fist.

"Okay fine, by baby Felix," I tease and we both leave.

•••••••

"What are you two doing on this block?" Zane asks after finding the two of us on our way.

"Um we had come to see Felix," I answer.

"What about?" Zane asks as he stares at Jess completely ignoring me.

"Um, we want to know what happened to him and why he changed," Jess answers.

"And it would be great if you could fill us in on what you know about him," I add as I walk in front of him so that he acknowledges my presence.

"Okay, come to my apartment then I'll tell you," Zane says completely ignoring me again.