Part 19 [Dan]

"What happened?" We ask Jess and Pat.

"Listen to him," Pat said as he lead us out of the room to find Justin standing out of the dorm room.

"Collin is missing," he tells us.

"What?" We answer in union.

"I got home and found he was gone, I called but he had also left his phone home and he never goes anywhere without it," Justin said.

"Anyway, how is it our problem?" Kat asked.

"Come on, at least help me look for him," Justin begged but we all  disagreed with his idea so he left.

•••••••••••••

It was a wierd day, everyone was laughing at me for what happened at the Valentine party and people where constantly whispering about Collin.

Later the cops came to our class and called Jess out and they never brought him back so the rest of our day we kept unsettled because we were both anxious and sad that they took Jess.

"Are you serious that Collin  disappeared and he wasn't kidnapped or taken?" I asked Justin.

"I'm sure he went missing on his own."

Nothing was making sense, how could a guy like Collin dissappeared out of the blue.
Why was Jess taking the blame for it?

I couldn't think straight, I needed to put my head down and think through it.

•••••••••••

Jess later came back to the dorm shaking like a leaf and we knew something was definitely up.

"What happened?" We asked him.

"T..the..the cops wanted to arrest me," Jess stammered as he sat down to collect his thoughts.

"But you didn't kidnap Collin," Pat pointed out.

"Yes, but his parents said that I might have not kidnapped him but I was the cause of his disappearance," Jess said as he put his hands in his face.

Silence filled the room until Kat spoke saying," hey, remember when Toni said that Felix had a terrible past?" She asked us.

"Yeah and so how is it connected with this situation?" I asked her.

"Well, Toni said that we shouldn't have been knowing about it so what if one of the bad guys found out and they are now trying to get Jess imprisoned so that he doesn't expose them," Kat explained.

"You know they could have just killed Jess and their job would be done," I pointed out.

"But it would raise unnecessary suspicion and they would expose themselves," Kat added.

"We should go and get Felix to testify and maybe the police will start hunting for the evil guys and leave me alone," Jess stated.

••••••••••••

"You're being crazy, how could you even think of that as a good idea?" Felix stated," I knew that you guys knowing was a bad idea."

"So do you want me to go to jail for something I didn't do?" Jess asked him.

"Of course I don't, but think for a moment, if these guys find out that the cops are after them, they will kill you immediately," Felix stated as he grabbed Jess's shoulders.

"Look, I don't really care if I get killed, right now I know I don't want to go to jail," Jess stated.

••••••••••••••

Jess went to the police station and told them about Felix's background and surprisingly, they didn't believe him but they left him to go free meaning he wasn't going to jail, but they gave him a warning to stay away from Collin's family.