Chapter Twenty-one: Recipe for disaster

That last chapter was a roller coaster. Hopefully we can not say the same for this one...Or can we? With that said, let's get into it!

Song: Oh no! By: Marina and the diamonds

-----

"I'm Marquis," Mr. gray eyes introduces himself as he shakes the hand of my father. Then switches over to my mother's.

"Are you the reason behind my daughter's tears?" My dad asks, his eyes glaring at Mr. Gray eyes and I swear the two were about to go into a staring contest, dominance radiating off both of them.

"I can assure you, I would never intentionally make your daughter cry sir," he answers.

"That doesn't answer my question," my father says.

"Why don't we go in and have something to eat and drink. So that we can get to know each other better and celebrate the fact that our daughter is back," my Mom orders yet warns my dad at the same time.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea dear," my dad backs down, but not before sending Mr. Gray eyes a glare which he returns. His eyes then flick over to me and I make it very clear that I'm angry at him for taking me back here without my permission. We enter the house and I find myself already wanting to leave.

"So Marquis how did you become acquainted with our little dumpling here. We know it couldn't have been school," my mom says. pinching my cheek when she says dumpling. I blush and want to smack Mr. gray eyes when I see a him hold in a laugh at my nickname.

"Yes I agree with my wife. You're what Marquis, twenty? twenty-five?" My dad asks as he wraps a protective arm around me. I get out of his grasp and stand on the other side of the counter, somewhat near Mr. Gray eyes but not to close, I'm still mad at him.

"Twenty-two sir," he says politely, though I can tell by his strained smile that it's taking everything in him not to growl. I find myself somewhat shrinking. Why did he have to bring me here?!!

"Well that's a little to old for-"

"Mr...Marquis and I met at a coffee shop in town," I interrupt my father not wanting to hear him finish his sentence.

"Oh, you have to show us which one. Your father and I so far have been to two, and they have the most marvelous tea. Now that you're back we can go sometime." My mother says as she begins to make our meal.

"Actually I'm not-"

"You know everyone is going to be so happy when they find out you returned. They were so worried, looking for you all those months. W-we thought you could've been kidnapped, or even worse," my father says and pulls me into a hug, which again I don't return. My eyes snap up to Mr. gray eyes asking him for help.

"Well I've been keeping her safe and sound, so there's really no need to worry," Mr. Gray eyes jumps in and once my dad releases me, I find myself being gently pulled into his chest. My father and mother share a quick glance.

"Honey we've been calling and texting you, why didn't you answer?" My mother asks me worriedly as she finishes what I notice is a dumpling and goes to make another one. I blush as I remember how my backpack was taken after my little runaway incident. Which contains, my shut off phone.

"I didn't have the chance to charge it," I reply.

"Why is that?" My father asks as his eyes go down to Mr. Gray eyes arms wrapped around my waist.

"Oh w-well y-you know..."

"Work. She's been working for me and my business," Mr. gray eyes answers.