Chapter Twenty-Nine: You again?

Last chapter has um...taken quite the turn huh? So much has happened...what a journey this is turning out to be huh? well hold on to your seats, we're not quite done and what a ride this will be. With that said...Let's get into it!

Song:No new friends By: LSD ft. Sia, Labrinth, Diplo

---

Three weeks later...

I smile at my new identification. Winter Smyth it read. A weird name but it was a name nothing less. Everything was coming in order. I managed to already get an apartment, snag a last minute job, and recreate my image. There was no afro anymore, I got my hair done up in blonde and black box braids, my once green-hazel eyes were now a nice shade of brown, my nose now held a septum and nose piercing, my face was framed with a pair of cute but fake black eye glasses, making my face look thinner, and I was dressed in an outfit I would never dress myself up in which was a cute black sweater crop top, with ripped jeans, and black and white vans. I smile at my image in the mirror, who knew hair with a little makeup and accessories can make you look like a whole different person. I had to be very careful though because the one thing I can't change and never will would be my dark skin. Since Marquis has described me to all his friends around the world I know that they would be on the lookout for an African American and even though there were a lot of dark skinned women here, there was only a certain amount, which means there is a chance they can come across me. My landline rings and I answer it.

"Hé, tu vas être en retard au travail," (Hey, you're going to be late for work) Crile informs me, causing me to whip my head towards the clock and see that he's right. I have five minutes.

"Oh, mon Dieu! Merci, je vous promets que je suis sur mon chemin (Oh my gosh! Thank you, I promise I'm om my way) I reply quickly.

"Vous êtes les bienvenus, vous devriez envisager dobtenir un téléphone cellulaire (You're welcome, you should consider getting a cell phone) He replies.

"Crois-moi, jy suis." (Trust me, I'm on it.) I reply and that gets a chuckle out of him.

"Je l'espère. Bon à bientôt." (I hope so. Alright see you soon.) He replies.

"Au revoir." (Bye) I say before hanging up. Quickly I grab my belongings and rush out the door. It takes me about ten minutes to get to the book store. I apologize to Crile.

"C'est bon. Mais nen fais pas une habitude." (It's fine, just don't make it a habit.) He replies and I smile.

"Promets-moi que je ne le feras pas." (Promise I won't) I reply with a smile and then go to clock in and start work.

***

Five hours have passed. Which means in about ten minutes I was off and I was free to explore the city. Well more like go shopping for a new cell phone. Currently I'm standing on my tiptoes and returning a book to its shelf. I smile slightly as I remember how a similar moment like this, led me to meet the most amazing yet stubborn person I've ever met.

"Est-ce que le livre est vraiment si bon?" (Is the book really that good?) A deep voice asks suddenly behind me causing me to jump. I look down at the title of the book Princesse de sang et dos (Princess of Blood and Bone) it read. I then turn my eyes going from the book to a very handsome yet nerdy looking man. With his black eyeglasses and little bowtie.

"Désolé, vous étiez juste souriant au livre et jai pensé " He says with a sheepish smile. (Sorry you were just smiling at the book and I thought...)