Chapter Forty: Sunsets and high hopes

Guys...This is the last chapter.

Thank you all so much for staying along this amazing journey, from beginning to end. Thank you for supporting me. I love you all so much. This book wouldn't exist without you guys and for that I'm very grateful. So with that said...*tears up* Let's get into it.

Song: Let's go out with a bang By:AJR

----

It's been a month since we got back from France. I have to admit I miss it, but with Marquis by my side it isn't really that bad. I'm even proud to say that my parents and I are on good terms and that they're trying. Currently I'm in front of the mirror getting ready, because Marquis and I are going out for dinner. He won't tell me where we're going but I made sure it wasn't my parents house this time.

"Don't you look beautiful," he says from behind me, causing me to jump a little. I turn and look up at him and smile. He leans down and kisses me, and I smile into the kiss. Loving the feel of his lips on mine.

"You don't look to bad yourself I say," and he chuckles.

"What happened to shy girl I knew?" He jokes.

"You have yourself to thank for that," I say to him, as I turn back in the mirror to finish up.

"Hmm and what a fine job I did," he says coming up behind and hugging me. I slightly blush at the comment and he catches it. "Looks like a piece of her is still there," he smiles and I smile shyly.

"Yeah, yeah, now would you like to tell me where you're taking me?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"No, you're going to have to wait and see," he says.

"Fine," I pout.

"Awe don't make that face," he says and he gently turns my face towards him and pulls me into another kiss. He nibbles my bottom lip asking for entrance and I give it to him. I get lost in the kiss, loving the feel of his lips against mine, loving the feel of his hair between my fingers. I snap out of it when I feel his hands travel from my face to my hips.

"No," I say gently pulling away and removing his hands.

"Just one little taste?" He whines and I shake my head.

"It took me forever to do my hair and makeup." I tell him and he huffs.

"Fine," he pouts and I give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Now come on, so I can find out where you're taking me!" I say excitedly.

"Alright let's go," he says smiling widely and I take his hand as he leads me quickly out of the house and into the car. I grow excited as I look out the window and watch the lights flash by. The city was beautiful at night. It was about an hour until we reached our destination.

"Oh wow Marquis," I gasp as I take in the view.

"You haven't seen anything yet, come on I have a spot reserved for us," he says and leads me into the restaurant. We sit on the terrace with a perfect view of the beach. I close my eyes and smile as I feel the salty breeze. I love the sea.

"So what do you think?" He asks me and I open my eyes and take in the ocean, how the water shines under the setting sun.

"It's beautiful," I say breathlessly.

"Yes, it is," he says. Something about the way he said it made me turn towards him, only to see him gazing at me. Butterflies flutter around in my stomach and I find myself blushing and looking away. I can never get use to quite a look.

"Marquis, stop," I say squirming a little as I can still feel his gaze.

"Where's the fun in that?" He asks and I turn and look back at him and sigh.

"Why out of all people did I fall for you?" I joke.

"Who knows. I guess fate had you run into the club that day," he chuckles and I groan.

"No, don't bring that up. Oh my gosh that was so embarrassing and scary."

"When you burst into tears asking me to not traffic you, I lost it," he laughs and I shyly lower myself a little in my seat.

"Hey, in my defense I-I didn't know! I was in your words an innocent bean," I huff.

"And you still are, and that's ok, because it gives me more to teach you," he says and reaches over the table and boops my nose.

"Don't do that, I'm not a child," I scowl at him but his smile grows wider and I find myself smiling as well. Man, him and his contagious smile!

"I know you're not. Although you do act like one sometimes," he says and I gasp.

"The audacity," I joke and he laughs. Soon our food comes and we eat, chattering between bites. Soon we finish and it's time for us to leave.

"Come," he says, gently taking my hand and leading me down towards the boardwalk.

"Where are we going now?" I ask, smiling at his giddiness.

"You'll see," he says and soon I feel sand in my shoes.

"Hey, wait," I say and he stops, turning towards me, raising an eyebrow. Chuckling I take off my heels and let out a sigh when my feet land on the warm sand. "Now we can go." With that he takes my hand and begins running. I laugh, enjoying the feeling of my hair whipping behind my face, the smell of the salty air, the taste of the dinner I had on my tongue, and most importantly the feel of Marquis's hand in mine. Through the moonlight I can see him turn and look at me, that charming smile on his face. I love him so much, is it weird that I can't remember a time of my life without him in it? He suddenly stops and I go toppling into him, causing both of us to go falling. With a laugh we both land in the sand with a soft thump.

"Why hello there," he says looking down at me.

"Hello," I smile and make out those beautiful gray eyes through the moonlight. He pulls me close and I snuggle into his arms as he wraps them around me. We stay like that sitting in the sand, and looking at the waves, as they crash and twinkle under the moonlights gaze and night sky.

"I have something for you," he whispers in my ear, sending a little shiver down my spine.

"Marquis, this is enough," I tell him.

"Here," he says softly and holds up something in front of me. Through the moonlight, I first see the glinting chain, and clasp. Then I make out the leather material, and the cute little charm that hangs from it. I gasp, when I realize what it is.

"A-a collar, f-for me?"

"Yes, little one. I want to make it official, I want you to be my submissive," he says.

"C-can you..."

"Of course," he says and puts the collar around my neck. Once it's securely in place, I gingerly touch it, holding the M shaped charm carefully between my fingers. With a squeal I turn and bombard him with kisses. Marquis laughs and holds my hips gently as we both once again go toppling into the sand.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I say between kisses.

"It was my pleasure." He says with a laugh and pulls me into a breath taking kiss.

"And to think this wouldn't have happened if you weren't so..." he struggles trying to find the right word.

"Inexperienced." I say and he smiles.

"Inexperienced." He whispers before going to kiss me again.

----

That's the end of the last chapter.

I'm so happy for them eek!!!!

What do you guys think?

How do you feel, knowing this journey is...Over? *Cries*

Until next time pets.