Chapter Thirty-Six: The truth will set you free

Last chapter ended on a very sad note. I'm so sorry for it to have ended that way. I do hope that this chapter ends greater than the last one... With that said, let's get into it.

Song:Way to good at Goodbyes By: Sam Smith

----

Zach and I were laying on the couch. After the adrenaline wore off and all that needed to be said was said, I realized I was tired. Zach didn't want to let me go and to be honest I didn't want to let go of him either so he moved us over to the couch and now I'm laying against him, enjoying his warmth and feel of his arms around me. My head lays on his chest and my eyes grow heavier with each heartbeat. My eyes finally close and my breathing evens. There's a sudden knock on the door, causing Zach and I to spring up and look at one another.

"Don't," I tell him frantically. Suddenly I'm not so tired.

"I have to," Zach says.

"No you don't," I plead and I grab onto him, trying to hold him down. I know I'm being selfish and I don't deserve to be asking him of this huge favor but I'm not ready to face Marquis. Zach simply gets up with me clinging onto him. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. "No, no, no," I whine but he continues walking towards the door. Before I know it, he's unlocking the door and his fingers are around the doorknob. With a quick pull and a tug the door is open and gray eyes meet hazel eyes, then brown eyes. I blush, this was probably an awkward sight. Marquis glaring at Zach, as Zach glares at Marquis, with me looking in between the two, while Zach is practically carrying me in a very intimate way.

"You must be Marquis," Zach states breaking the silence.

"You must be the scoundrel who kissed MY submissive," Marquis growls.

"She's not yours. There's no collar," Zach growls back.

"Can we please not argue," I sigh and both eyes turn to me.

"Whatever you want little one," Marquis says and walks in. Scowling Zach angrily slams the door behind him. We walk into the living room. Marquis takes a seat on one of the single couches, Zach sits across from him, I sit in Zach's lap and realize that's a bad idea when I see Marquis's eyes darken. Zach just smirks.

"Get your hands off her," he growls.

"Have you ever thought that maybe she LIKES my hands on her." Zach says, putting emphasis on the word like.

"Have you ever thought that maybe she substituted you for me?" Marquis shoots back. Quickly Zach sets me aside and gets up, Marquis gets up just as quickly. The two are now face to face. Marquis throws a punch and before I know it the two are fighting and then arguing.

"Guys please," I say through sobs, but they don't listen they're to busy yelling.

"TU CROIS VRAIMENT QUELLE TE VEUT. APRÈS TAVOIR ENFUI À CHAQUE FOIS, SANS OUBLIER QUELLE EST VENUE ME VOIR?!!!" (YOU REALLY THINK SHE WANTS YOU. AFTER RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU EVERY SINGLE TIME, NOT TO MENTION THAT SHE CAME TO ME?!!!) Zach yells.

"YOU REALLY THINK YOU STAND A CHANCE WITH HER?!!! I CAN TELL SHE TOLD YOU EVERYTHING, HOW IS DO YOU THINK SHE WOULDN'T WANT ME AFTER THAT KISS, AFTER SHE LEANED INTO MY TOUCH , AS IF SHE'S CRAVED FOR IT?!!!!" Marquis yells back. Zach says something but it's so fast I couldn't catch it, the same goes for Marquis's reply. The two continue to argue and I try to break it up but their yelling is so loud not to mention how dominant the two were. There was no way I could stop them.

"TU NE SAIS PAS CE QUE CEST DE TOMBER AMOUREUX" (YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO FALL IN LOVE) Zach screams.

"TU CROIS QUE JE NE LAIME PAS?!!! TU NE ME CONNAIS NI LAMOUR QUE JAI POUR ELLE!!!" (YOU THINK I DON'T LOVE HER?!!! YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR THE LOVE I HAVE FOR HER!!!) Marquis yells back. All goes silent after that. "You don't know." Marquis whispers brokenly.

"Marquis," I whisper through tears, not knowing what else to say.

"Little one," he whispers back, that's all it takes for me to go running into his arms. He holds me close and I smile as I take in his familiar scent. I look up and into those eyes that I've grown to love and gasp at the hurt I see in them. It hurt me even more knowing I was the one who put it there.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "For everything."

"I'm sorry for everything as well," he whispers back.

"Did you mean it?" I ask.

"Mean what?" He raises an eyebrow and I chuckle, lifting my hand slightly and brushing back a loose piece of hair, that has fallen over his eye.

"That you love me." I answer. The silence between us is too long and I find myself wanting to back away but he doesn't let me. Gently he lifts my chin with his finger and he kisses me. This kiss was not like any of our other kisses, it was slow, beautiful, sweet, and full of passion. He pulls away.

"Yes." he simply answers.

"Good, because...I kind of love you to." I shyly reply.

"Kind of?" He raises and eyebrow and I blush.

"It's complicated." Was my reply. My eyes move over to Zach, when our eyes meet, I know exactly what it was he had done and why. With a sad smile, and a little wave he turns and walks to his room.

----

That's the end of chapter Thirty-six. Four more chapters to go!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

What do you guys think?

Am I the only one who feels bad for Zach?!

Until next time pets.