18

Day of Album Release, still February 2019

Third Person POV 

The album release event had begun and only two were left to arrive, Ariana and Y/N. The venue was crowded with many random people and music was playing loud enough for conversation to occur without the need for shouting. 

Meanwhile at Ariana's place, "You almost done?" Y/N yelled. He was dressed up in a light blue button up, tucked into black jeans, with brown dress up shoes. Judging by the words 'It's a formal-ish event', this is what he had chosen. One interesting thing about his outfit is that his shoes were once owned by his grandfather.

Anyway, Ariana had just finished getting dressed and was ready to head out, she opened the door of her bedroom and walked out to where Y/N had been waiting. "I'm ready," she said as she approached the area. Both became stunned by each other's appearance making for a brief time of silence. 

But silence has its end, of course, which occured when Y/N spoke, "I guess we should head out now," he gestured to the door and Ariana slowly broke from her trance. She went out the door first and then it was Y/N who followed after. The guy felt like an idiot as he wanted to compliment the singer's look but chickened out instead. 

Both approached the car and they said a kind thank you to Roshad, who was set to be the driver. The ride to the venue was filled with conversation between Ariana, Y/N and Roshad.  ________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N took in the surroundings and was a little overwhelmed by the crowd even though he's from a big city. Ariana and him had just arrived and as they entered the room, many had stopped to greet them and have the forced awkward small talk. About 10 minutes into their arrival, Y/N had been introduced to many people and couldn't remember 99% of the names. 

While another introduction was coming to an end, the city guy made the move to break away from the pattern and said he was going to go get a drink. He also asked Ariana if she would want one too and she kindly declined the offer. This left Y/N to go wander around the room. As he was travelling throughout the place, his eyes caught looks from various people. Some were kind smiles and some were confused. 

When he reached the bar, Y/N waited to grab the attention of the bartender. The girl turned around and said an automatic, "Hi I'm Sophia, what can I get ya?" As their eyes connected, and both let the appearance of the other sink in, realization hit them. The familiar face had left from behind the bar to give a big hug. "I haven't seen you in a while, what are you doing in L.A. and here more specifically?"

Y/N tightly hugged his old friend happily, having only seen her during holidays. "I was invited by someone here," he said this not knowing whether or not he would be able to reveal who he had connections with. Still filled with confusion about whether or not to say he is friends with a famous person. 

"So, how have you been? How's my grandma doing?" The New York guy was very close with Sophia's family as he worked at the Kostas family bakery from grade 7 to 12. She had actually gotten him the job. ________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile in another part of the room, "You know you're gonna burn holes in that girl if you stare any longer," Victoria said which threw Ariana back into reality. The singer was now done her rounds of forced conversing with various people. She was now hanging out with Vic and Nicki. 

The famous rapper was confused about the situation, but Victoria chose to clear it up and explain that the guy talking to the girl was Ariana's new attraction. "So when are you going to make a move?"

Ariana looked didn't want to answer so she ignored Nicki and kept looking over towards Y/N and the mystery girl. She watched as they laughed and smiled while chatting which made a fire burn within her. The fire grew when her eyes caught the two walking away from the bar and out of her vision, "Fucking bitch," the singer had thought she was silent when speaking but her two friends had heard the words. 

Nicki and Victoria pretended not to hear the words and just let their friend walk off and make a potential mistake. 

Ariana POV

I wasn't thinking clearly when I started walking in the direction of them. But, i couldn't stop my trail. I need to know what is happening. I know it's stupid and weird as hell but, fuck it. ________________________________________________________________________________

"How long have you been standing here being a creep?" I jumped and turned around to see Scott who had been standing behind me, "Courtney mentioned that you were into the guy that you brought here." 

I felt embarrassed being caught but as I looked back at the balcony, the conversation was coming to an end. The two were hugging and I swear I wanted to kill that girl when she kissed his cheek. As the mystery person was exiting the balcony and coming back into the room, I pretended to talk to Scott about random things while also trying to hide my face. 

When she passed by and walked far enough, I went back to looking and saw Y/N to be standing by the rail and looking out into the view from this building. "Well.. go ahead, go talk to him," Scott recommended. 

I took a breath and wondered what I would say. Even though I didn't have anything come to mind, I walked out onto the balcony to chat the guy I personally invited to this event. 

A/N: Please like & comment to let me know if anyone likes this story. Give me any feedback! Negative or positive.