28

Friday, March 8th, 2019

Manhattanville, NYC

Third Person POV

Since the day after Sunday, Ariana and Y/N have been spending time together. The distance made it difficult for their relationship to progress in any way. But, they wanted to make it work. The singer hadn't told the New Yorker, her idea to move closer to him. Why? It might seem to soon and scare him away but, also because it REALLY was too soon to make that serious decision.

Currently, Ariana was at Y/N's place and tonight, Y/N was cooking food for the two of them. He was making squash stuffed with a veggie and rice mixture. Gia was working a night shift and Paco was spending the night over at a friend's house. So they had the place to themselves.

The popstar hadn't been to Y/N's house a lot and was just roaming around the place. Of course, there wasn't much to roam. Living room and kitchen... now she was in Y/N's room.

She'd never been in here before. It surprised her a little as it held the past and present of the guy she was falling for. She didn't know a huge amount about Y/N's past but did know lots about the present.

Ariana saw awards for choir competitions and band, sitting on shelves above his dresser. There was a picture of a guy on the dresser and next to it was a small little plaque with a QR code.

She was curious about it and so quickly, she had downloaded an app to scan it. After it downloaded, she opened the app and held the scanner up to the QR code. It brought her to a website.

'Y/N, the love of my life by Nico Kostas.' was the title on the page. With a picture below of Y/N and the same guy that was in a picture, sitting on the New Yorker's dresser.

Her next action would be shocking to anyone that knew the girl personally.

Ariana took this as an important option to their relationship. She knew she shouldn't go further. She didn't want to mess things up. Honesty, truth, respect, three things that are important to any sort of relationship. She left the page and decided to walk out to Y/N, hoping to get answers from him.
________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N was busy at the stove, cooking away. He took a sip of water and heard Ariana behind him, "I went in your room."

He didn't mind that but did wonder if his suspicions would be right... the thing that would come next.

"I saw this plaque thing. With one of those things you scan on it..." She said.

He turned around and gestured for her to continue, "And... I downloaded one of those apps and scanned it...who's Nico?"

Y/N hadn't talked much of Nico for a long time now. Sometimes it came up when talking to Sophia. The mention of his name with things he would relate to.

"He's my ex and he was Sophia's brother. He was an important person in my life." It didn't go unnoticed by Ariana, that Y/N was clearly using past tense. 'Was'

"What happened to him?" She asked.

Y/N turned back on, continue to prepare the meal. He had cried so much over the past and wanted to stay strong, no more crying about it. It's the past. "He died when both of us were 18."

There was an awkward silence in the room as Y/N put the food in the oven. "How?"

He was a bit awkward with death. Never really putting it into words correctly or using the matching expressions. "It's actually a little amusing." An awkward smile and then a dull expression painted his face, he continued, "He was shot by someone who had a bit of an obsession- well bit is underrated- she was obsessive over me. To the point that she felt the need to shoot Nico in order to win me from him. But yeah, that's what happened."

More silence took over and Ariana didn't know what to say at this point. It was a lot to take in on her part. But it was also so much for Y/N to say. She thought it was probably enough of speaking about that for tonight. He didn't seem completely comfortable talking about it.

She quickly changed the topic and mentioned her notice of the awards, "So, you were a choir and band nerd?" Ariana asked smiling at him.

He laughed at the question and nodded his head. Y/N went on to explain that he was actually able to imitate people's voices, both singing and talking. Which led to Ariana asking him to imitate various people that popped up in her head, including herself.

She was floored by his imitations. Shocked at the vocal range. Shocked at his humble presence when doing them.

Y/N was a special guy. She was so happy to know him, to be around him.

A/N: Please like & comment to let me know if anyone likes this story. Give me any feedback! Negative or positive.