8

Same day, later in the evening

Ariana POV

I was home alone tonight. Well, not completely alone, with my dogs and pig. It wasn't a lonely night with all of my animals around. I had music playing on the surround sound and had just got some food for myself. I had a long day at the studio. 

My phone went off with a notification alert and I didn't know where it was. I sat up from my couch and went to go find my phone. Looking around, I found it in my kitchen right by the fridge. 

I picked up my phone and looked at the screen to see who it was and instantly was hit with a smile. But, once I opened up my phone I read the message and was struck we a nervous feelings. 

Y/N💙: Hey, I was in Times Square and these tourists wanted a picture, the background of their picture ended up with you in it. How weird? Haha. 

He sent a poor quality picture along with the text.Luckily I could pick out what the picture was showing me. Me on a billboard. 

I called him to make the conversation more clear. "Hey, I- I swear I was going to tell you and-and it's just you never know who you can trust these days. NOT saying that I don't trust you but-but I just gotta keep my guard up. I'm sorry"  I don't know why I was apologizing because it's my personal stuff to share but I felt like I did something wrong. 

"Well hello to you... Ariana Grande, did I pronounce that right?" He asked. He pronounced my last name the way my grandpa used to say it which was pretty cute to me. 

I explained to him that there's two ways to say it and explained the reasonings behind them. I wanted to know more though. Did he have any questions about what he just found out? "You know you don't need to say sorry. I kinda get it. So I guess you're more than just a writer if you were on a big billboard like that. What are you?" 

I was surprised that he asked because I assumed someone would search me up if they found out. That's usually what has happened. "You didn't search me up," I asked. 

"I thought it would be weird to search up a friend. Like I could probably find a lot of stuff about you on the internet but you can't find much about me. Seems unfair, I guess," He explained to me. 

I thought he seemed really sincere which was refreshing. I can't believe I was so lucky to meet this guy. "Well, if I was to put it short, I guess people would say I'm a pop singer," I told him. 

"Tell me more." He said with a soft and kind voice. 

The rest of the night, I explained to him what my career has been like. He seemed to be listening intently I told him how it all started to what it is in the present. I also played some of my past music to him through the phone. I was really happy when he liked it. Not that I need him to accept me to be happy. 

He also told me about these loud people in a restaurant talking about how I broke off an engagement with who he said "I think I remember the name... Pete." I explained that part to him and then he was worried about my feelings and I reassured him that I was happy about the break up. It was necessary. It was needed to clear the air in my life. 

Y/N also asked me, "Did you know an animal called a Kardashian got in a fight? I didn't get to search that up but that seemed interesting. Kinda." It was pretty cute how much he was out of the mainstream media loop. 

Soon it was 3AM and we were still talking, I only knew that because I heard Y/N's sister through the phone as they were having a short conversation, "What are you doing up so late?" He asked his sister. 

"What do you mean so late? Even so you know I work at random hours because of emerge and regular shifts. It's 6AM doofus. I gotta go."  I heard a door shut then I looked at the time on my phone. 3AM. 

"Oh shit! I'm sorry, I gotta go. I have school in a few hours and it's gonna be a shit show if I don't get at least a bit of sleep. See ya beautiful." He hung up quickly. 

I sat there in my living room replaying the last words he said while also living in the shock that we talked for so long. 'See ya beautiful.'

A/N: Please like & comment to let me know if anyone likes this story. Give me any feedback! Negative or positive.