・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 13 - Na Gardaí *:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 13 -  The Guardsmen*:・゚✧

20th of December 1760

King George's POV

I had changed into some clean, neatly pressed clothing in my signature red colour, my crown was sat atop my head and my sceptre was held in my right hand.

On arrival back into the country there was only a small crowd of commoners gathered for my arrival, nothing my guards could not handle.

On the other hand, we had a significant issue finding suitable clothing for Y/N, her dress that she had previously brought onboard was tatty, so she remained in the dress shirt from the previous night, with my cloak wrapped tightly around her, providing her slightly more modesty.

Somehow, with all that was going wrong she still was in an incredibly bubbly mood, her smile lighting up everybody's faces.

Y/N's POV

I gazed at the two stocky, grey, carriage horses that had pulled our carriage the whole way to the king's palace.

"Wow aren't you two such hard workers." I cooed slightly, my hand tracing along their prominent cheekbones as they slowly curled their heads towards me, enabling them to see me clearly despite the blinkers.

Turning to George I grinned.

"They pulled this carriage for four hours George!" My eyes were wide with wonder and amazement at the stamina of the two cobs that stood before me.

George laughed lightly nodding his head amusedly.

"I think we better get you inside and settled." His velvety voice chimed as his arm trailed around my waist. However, I had no interest in the king's intentions to leave the horses and go inside.

I continued petting the horses as I felt George's arm leave my waist again as another slight chuckle left his lip.

A whimper left my lips as I suddenly felt George's arms snake behind my knees as I fell backwards into his arms, bridal style.

"You had your five minutes with the horses. Time, we get you settled." George looked down at me, his voice taking a sterner, yet still light-hearted tone.

Embarrassment seeped into my skin as I looked around to see all the red coated soldiers looking slightly bemused along with Samuel who was chuckling slightly.

I grabbed onto the frills of George's shirt, burying my face in the mass of fabric to hide my embarrassment as George spoke to his soldiers.

"Smith, Wilson, Seabury, follow me." An authoritative tone I had not previously heard in George's voiced before, now laced it. I slowly peeked out from behind the frills of George's dress shirt to see two red coat soldiers step out of the line and follow His majesty, and I.