・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 4 - A Leanánn *:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 4 - His Sweetheart *:・゚✧

16th of December 1760

Smiling to myself I gently pulled back the sheets to George's bed. Whilst George was changing Samuel had brought up a hot water bottle to heat his sheets. He then retired to his quarters for the night.

Since Samuel oversaw the king's safety, he had to lock the doors before he went to bed, so I agreed to stay in a guest bedroom in the house which Samuel quickly prepared.

I turned around as George came out from behind the dressing screen in his nightclothes. I walked towards the corner of his room to fold his clothes that were gently lay over the dressing screen.

George sat down on the edge of the bed and took a sip from the cup of water Samuel brought up from the kitchens.

"...George, do you want to talk about what was wrong earlier?" I asked,

"It seems like you had a lot of pent up... energy. Maybe getting it off your chest would help?" I knew that I had to approach this gently, as I finished folding the clothes, I made my way over to the end of George's bed and sat on it.

George hummed in response.

"Well, being King is a pretty complicated job on its own Y/N. Never mind juggling the concept of relationships and personal issues." His blue eyes met mine the giddiness in them had faded, as he yawned.

"Well, what you do is extremely admirable George." I smiled back at him gently placing my hand on his shoulder.

"... and thankless." George chimed in dimly, reminding himself that many people opposed his viewpoints.

"People at my age want to focus on family, finding the love of their life and having beautiful children. However, I, as King, must rule a country. Fight for land, at the opposition of many people. I must hope that one day, someone who I love comes along – "He yawned again obviously getting sleepy.

"George, you will find someone. Here in Ireland we like to say; ní féidir leat gach duine a shasámh – you are unable to please everyone." George laughed at my strange wording of the translation.

"You know Y/N, I always thought the Irish language was very interesting." He smiled as I slowly put my arms on his shoulders, laying him down properly in his bed.

"It is a lovely language George... it barely compares to the silly English you people made us speak all those years ago" George rolled his eyes at this.

"Of course, Y/N. If we did not take over Ireland, you wouldn't have met me." I chuckled at his arrogance.

"Oh!" I said putting on a dramatic pout, before changing to a more serious tone.

"George, Samuel has all the entrances to this house locked, and I will be unable to leave until the morning when he unlocks them. I will be staying in the spare bedroom across the hall. If you need anything you can come wake me okay?"

George smiled at me through his sleepy eyes.

"I could say the same for you, lady Y/N." I giggled back at him.

"Okay, I'll take the lamp with me, goodnight George!" I stood up grabbing the lamp and heading towards the door opening it.

Just I was shutting the door behind me I heard a faint response from George, too faint to catch.

King George's POV

"Goodnight sweetheart" I replied, before dozing off into a deep slumber.