✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Introduction - Céad Míle Fáilte *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: Introduction - One-Hundred-Thousand Welcomes*:・゚✧

----A/N----

Hello friends,

Firstly, I just wish to graciously thank you for even clicking on this book, that's pretty cool of you! Hopefully, if you decide to keep reading these few notes will give you a helping hand in understanding the story and make it easier to read.

*Please bear in mind that I may update this chapter, however I will refer you back to it in a chapter's A/N if necessary.*

- Let's start with the basics, shall we?

o Age: 19 years-old

o Birthday: April 9th, 1742.

o Y/N – Your Name

o M/N – Middle Name

o L/N – Last Name

o H/C – Hair Colour

o E/C – Eye Colour

- Posting Schedule.

Chapters will be posted every Wednesday at 6pm (GMT/BST) unless stated otherwise, bonus chapters may be released on Saturdays at 6pm however I normally clarify, the Wednesday before posting if there is going to be a Saturday chapter.

- Warnings

This story is rated mature; however, it is not necessarily mature in nature, nor do I plan on it being majorly mature in nature. Trigger warnings will be provided if anything possibly triggering is mentioned. Despite this, I felt that rating it mature would be the responsible thing to do as there are some underlying themes that may make you want to read with caution.

These themes include:

                    -Disordered Eating

                    -Mentions of Blood

- Editing

As of 24/01/21 this book is undergoing an editing process, simply to add details, fix errors, and remodel the chapter you are currently reading. I will also be using this time to date chapters, which will hopefully assist with the timeline.

- Historical Accuracy

Please also bare in mind that, whilst a lot of time and research goes into this book, it is impossible that everything I write will be historically accurate, and minor things will be changed here and there to improve reader experience.

- Language

As you can probably see, chapter titles, and some phrases are in the Irish language. However, do not fret as English translations will be provided in the comments to make this book easily accessible.

- Author's Notes

Author's notes will be posted in the comments, under the bottom banner, of the chapter. This is to keep the book as neat as possible and again, to streamline the reading experience, however I do suggest that you keep on top of these, as sometimes they are used to communicate important information, regarding posting schedules, edits etc.

- General Book Info

Book Began: November 8th, 2020.

Book Ended: -Ongoing-

And without further ado, happy reading!

A x

--------

Mainéar Cobhsaí,

Bóthar an Rí,

Faiche Stiabhna,

mBaile Átha Cliath,

Éireann,

4th of June 1758.

My Dearest, Y/N,

I do not know when you will be reading this, or for what reason, but please do understand that despite all one must keep faith in oneself. You must remember that there are people out there who care for you greatly, despite all, despite everything. I know you have spent your life full of loss, your father, your brother, but none-the-less you have held strong through it all – why should this be the time you crumble? You are so strong, why now do you fall? In this letter I wish to ground you, to remind you of whom you are, of where you came and of what you came from.

Born in Britain you remained there for six-months, the oldest child to both your mother and your father – Y/N M/N L/N. Your father wanted the best for you so he decided Ireland would be the perfect place, and so it was - dó bhí an féar níos glaise i ndáiríre. And so, it began, your childhood. Running through the flowery meadows of Ireland, the grass tickling your knees, the horses grazing happily as you ran, gazing up in concern as you fell.

As the years continued soon you found a little boy running with you, your best friend – your little brother. When he fell you would pick him up, and he would try his hardest to help you as your responsibilities around the stables began to grow. Unbeknownst to you, with each passing year you were nearing a tragedy, an unspeakable tragedy. And gone was your closest friend.

A mere child, death was an abstract concept, he was gone, just like that – never to be seen again. And that was it- your life had changed forever. No more brother to make you smile when you needed it most.

Now, some people say tragedies happen in sequence, and those people are correct. Tragedy follows tragedy, perhaps It only feels this way because people let it be that way. However, unfortunately this wasn't the case for you, a mere six months later your father followed in your brother's footsteps – never to be seen again.

You and your mother stayed strong, perhaps too strong. You both lived for the horses, you were eventually growing into an excellent rider, schooling and training horses to be ridden, and to do carriage work. After a while however, as funds ran low you and your mother both began your business, hiring out carriages to those who needed them and eventually you both settled into a rhythm, your same-old, same-old. You found little joy, and love in your life, with the exception of your mother, and the horses.

This is where you write the next chapter. I'll be anxiously waiting to read it.

I hope that one day, perhaps this letter will remain, unopened, unnecessary, but sadly, this is unlikely to be the case. As life unfolds you will find that tragedies do occur, however you my darling, are nothing but strong, and independent – exactly the way your mother raised you to be. And you will prevail.

Sincerely,

Y/N M/N L/N.