・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 8 - Mearbhall *:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 8 - Disorientation*:・゚✧

17th of December 1760

King George's POV

As night fell, the covers pooled gently around my waist as I sat in my bed, a book in hand. The fireplace emanated an orange glow perfect for reading, my eyes fell to the window, the rolling countryside filled with trees, horses grazing happily on the moors. The warm glow emanating from Y/N's house.

My eyes focused on my book, gently turning the pages to find the page I had dog-legged for my own convenience. I quickly found it, sighing I began to read the page. Words jumbled into nothingness, nothing meaningful as my mind drifted to Y/N, to our kiss.

I knew she was special, everything I saw in her pointed in the direction of her being my only chance at a future, after all 'the right people always find their way.'

Samuel was right, I promised myself that I would not go out of my way to find 'the one' and I did not, she came to me.

I was suddenly jolted from my thought process by my bedroom door being violently flung open, revealing Samuel in quite a frantic state.

I jumped, frightened by the sudden movement. I opened my moth to complain when I was suddenly interrupted.

"Geor- your majesty, do you hear screaming?" Samuel panted, obviously in quite a tizzy.

"Oh Samuel, if you're scared you can sleep in my roo-" I rolled my eyes as Samuel shook his head.

"Look outside-" Samuel pointed towards the window, obviously sensing Samuel's panic I quickly pulled back the covers, standing up I jogged over to the large window facing the stable yard.

My eyes scanned the scene I had been admiring earlier, however this time it had changed, chaos reigned, my eyes fell upon two figures one of which was lay on the ground, screams drew louder and more frantic as I took in the sight, before the realisation hit me.

"Y/N." I drew in a sharp breath as I turned on my heel, running to the door Samuel's footsteps following quickly behind me. As I ran down the road towards the screams my mind started rifling through possible diagnoses, 'collapse, faint' those words rang through my brain, worst case scenarios popping into my head.

-

Arriving next to her limp figure, I lay her out on the ground properly assessing the situation, Samuel followed quickly behind me reassuring her mother of my medical knowledge; as a king I was highly educated on many topics, medicine and first aid, being one of them.

I stared at her pale face, gently opening her eyes to examine them.

"Let's get her inside, I think she is just faint." Samuel ran to my side as I picked her up, her head gently bobbing with every step I took towards the front door.