・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 5 - Ná Bíodh Náire Ort A Stór *:・゚✧*:・゚

✧・゚: Chapter 5 - Do Not Be Ashamed My Dear *:・゚✧

17th of December 1760

"Good morning lady Y/N how did you sleep?" Samuel's voice rang through my ears as I groggily rolled towards the voice.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I looked up towards Samuel, he had a large grin on his face.

"Fine, how is his majesty doing?" I said, my voice raspy from the sleepiness.

"He wishes me to sincerely apologise to you on his behalf, he was unable to wake you personally this morning due to his maid's arrival however, he wishes that you will stay for breakfast." I laughed at Samuel's professionalism.

"Is it normal for a royal to wake his guests up personally?" I chuckled slightly, a blush forming on my cheeks. As Samuel opened his mouth to speak, though no words came out. Trying my best to shy away from the awkward topic of conversation, I contemplated how I was going to dress for breakfast.

"What do I do about clothing, I came over in my nightgown last night." Samuel looked deep in thought, before replying.

"As long as it's clean I don't see that the King would have an issue, given the circumstances, However, if it isn't clean, we can sort something out for you I'm sure." He said politely, as I smiled at him.

Slowly, I eased myself, so I was sat upright in the bed before placing my feet on the plush carpet and standing up. My eyes drew down to the tatty, muddy, hem of the nightgown, my cheeks turning pink.

"I suppose this dress is rather long on me, considering how dirty it is from last night." Samuel looked down at the hemline.

"I will go fetch his majesty for you, the maid should have been addressed by now." He said whilst staring at his pocket watch before he ran off to locate his majesty.

I sat back down on the bed gently, wondering how the King was going to arrange clothing for me, considering the only other woman here was a maid. I figured while I was waiting it would only be polite to make the bed. With my back turned to the door I placed all the throw pillows on the end tables and began to pull the first sheet up tucking it in, underneath the mattress. That is when I heard the door click open.

"My darling, the bed is really not for you to worry about, the maid will do that once she has settled into her quarters." A familiar British voice echoed throughout the room, making me jump.

I turned around to face the king not meeting his piercing blue eyes I curtseyed.

"Your majesty." I said simply trying to be polite, despite him putting us on first name basis.

"I heard that you needed some fresh clothes?" He said his eyes widening as he stared down at the bottom of my nightdress tatty and covered in mud from walking down the road late last night.

He gasped,

"My darling, you did not sleep in that last night?" My eyes widened, concerned that I might get a telling off. I nodded meekly, staring at my feet, my eyes not daring to meet his.

"You could have ended up sick. And that would simply not do." He took a step towards me.

"Let's get you sorted then, for breakfast." He held out his arm, looking at me expectantly as I gently took it.

He led me into the ornate hallway, towards a familiar doorway, the doorway to his room.

"Now my darling, I was going to see if the maid had anything in your size, however everything she owns would be too long on you as she is particularly tall, so I think your best bet is probably somewhere in my room." I felt the heat rise to my cheeks at the thought of him letting me borrow his clothes. 'Was a royal lending a simple stable girl his clothes, traditional or professional?' I doubt it, however I decided to go along with his plan.

As he slowly pushed open the dark oak door, it once again revealed his room. Nothing had changed about it since the night before, except the fact the bed still was not made. Dragging my eyes away from the bed, I looked at the large windows pointing towards the stable yard.

"The horses." I whispered under my breath as I pulled away from George and ran towards the window.

"My darling, that's been taken care of." The British voice called out after me.

I turned slowly on my heels, my eyes remaining on the happy, content horses in their stables.

"How so?" I breathed, still unsure of whether I should run back home before breakfast.

"I sent Samuel across to let your mother know where you were, and I believe she said she 'has everything under control' and that she 'is happy for you to stay for breakfast'."

I sighed as a wave of relief washed over me, turning to face the window yet again, I watched as the horses munched their hay. Apollo had been turned out onto the hillside, I watched as he galloped around with another gelding, clearly enjoying himself.

I felt George's arm slip around my waist, making me jump.

"My dear, let's get you into some fresh clothes." He led me toward the dressing screen, stopping at a drawer along the way to pick up a mass of well-pressed, white fabric.

Leading me behind the dressing screen he placed the white dress shirt in my arms, I looked up at the king.

"Your majest- "

"George, darling." He corrected me.

"G-George." I looked between him and the dress shirt again. "Is this exactly appropriate for breakfast?" I said, a flush dancing across my cheeks, as I got rather flustered.

"Not normally my darling. However, I would like for you to be in some clean clothes, so that you feel more comfortable. These are extended circumstances." He chuckled, before his brow furrowed.

"My darling if it's embarrassment you're feeling I wouldn't worry. Nobody here will judge you." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Alright then." I sighed as George quickly turned on his heel before I heard the heavy oak door click shut.

Unfolding the dress shirt, I studied it closely, it had frilly lace in the collar area, similarly on the sleeves.

I slipped out of my mucky nightgown; glad the King had left me complete privacy to change. Picking up the mass of white fabric, I pulled it over my head, it gently fell to my mid-thighs. Sighing, aware of how unprofessional I looked, I made leeway in trying to locate His Majesty, The King.

 Sighing, aware of how unprofessional I looked, I made leeway in trying to locate His Majesty, The King